corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Unbelievable scenes

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Unbelievable scenes
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th Jun 15 at 20:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neil Dagens
http://youtu.be/DRv0xQjEQs0

This was posted on one of our local pages, made me laugh!

How do videos like that make it on to the internet? Why would you post a video that makes you look like an ignorant prick with a bad attitude?

I'm glad it did though
SVM 286

9th Jun 15 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neil Dagens
http://youtu.be/DRv0xQjEQs0

This was posted on one of our local pages, made me laugh!

Priceless.
Nic Barnes

9th Jun 15 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Caused by the car driver, who just carried on. Typical.
SVM 286

9th Jun 15 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SVM 286

9th Jun 15 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I enjoyed the ''FACKK ORFFF!''
Dr Pepper

10th Jun 15 at 06:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a point - there is no such thing as road tax. It was abolished on the 1930s ..... We pay vehicle emissions tax to pay for the damage cars do from pollution- car drivers do not pay to use the roads any more than cyclists do.

The roads are maintained with council tax - which we all pay.

Personally I did 4000 miles on a bike last year and 11000 in the car ..... both my car and bike are insured ... Never had a crash on the bike but that's only because I am an experienced driver and I can tell often when a car is about to do something stupid near me.

Generally I avoid cycling in cities or at rush hour as the general standard of behaviour of people in cars and on bikes is appalling. There is definitely a growing anger from drivers towards cyclists - I can see why, there are ignorant people on bikes - but at least ignorant people on bikes do not kill other road users. Some of the comments in here tell you everything you need to
Know about why the driving test should be much tougher..... Try and get some of the morons off the roads rather than just focusing on cyclists

There is no good argument against getting more people on bikes. It is the only way to improve congestion and the health of the nation, while spending very little money. We just need to get rid of the ignorant comments from sheltered people we don't have a clue what tax they even pay every year.

As for "why do cyclists cycle a foot in the road?", it's because it will stop you from dying on a bike- if there is a pot hole or hazard I would rather swerve into the space near the kerb than into your car while you are overtaking me without leaving enough room.

Cycle paths are jokes - full of glass and they end suddenly at every junction. It is not practical or safe for bikes to ride long distances on pavements.

[Edited on 10-06-2015 by Dr Pepper]
Nic Barnes

10th Jun 15 at 07:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I commuted today on my cycle. incident free.
Steve
Premium Member

10th Jun 15 at 07:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice
Ellis

10th Jun 15 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cyclists are always going to be a minority on the roads and they often hinder progress for motorists. Some drivers become more angry with this than others and their actions to get past are often dangerous as a result.

This will never change unless commuter routes completely segregate cyclists and motorists from each other.

Mind you, since being a minority these days seems to give you more rights than everyone else, there will be a law in favour of cyclists soon. It will be the new 'racist card'.
Nic Barnes

10th Jun 15 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was going down a hill at about 25-30 this morning in a 30 zone and a 4 wheel engined murderer sped past me only to turn right 100 yards down the road. now i was going not much slower than the car in front of me. had i been another vehicle instead, would they have sped past? doubt it. just another potential murdering moron with a grudge.
Jason x
Premium Member

10th Jun 15 at 11:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People do the same with learner drivers, just want to get past them as soon as they see them in fear of being stuck behind them.

Cyclists are very angry people like small men

[Edited on 10-06-2015 by Jason x]
ed

10th Jun 15 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
Cyclists are always going to be a minority on the roads and they often hinder progress for motorists. Some drivers become more angry with this than others and their actions to get past are often dangerous as a result.

This will never change unless commuter routes completely segregate cyclists and motorists from each other.

Mind you, since being a minority these days seems to give you more rights than everyone else, there will be a law in favour of cyclists soon. It will be the new 'racist card'.

Where does it end though? Pisses me off when I'm driving my Porsche and get held up behind some fucker in an inferior car who doesn't pull in to let me past Shit cars should be banned from good A and B roads TBH.
Steve
Premium Member

10th Jun 15 at 11:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing to do with car types, more shit drivers, and shit drivers should also be banned from the roads
Steve
Premium Member

10th Jun 15 at 11:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you arent competant to navigate an average corner without hitting the brakes at every opportunity then you aren't competant enough to be on the road full stop
Dom

10th Jun 15 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
...but at least ignorant people on bikes do not kill other road users.

There's been a few cases of cyclists pedestrians though
Ellis

10th Jun 15 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:

Where does it end though? Pisses me off when I'm driving my Porsche and get held up behind some fucker in an inferior car who doesn't pull in to let me past Shit cars should be banned from good A and B roads TBH.

Many a drive on an excellent B road ruined by an old Betty in her Honda Jazz. Luckily B roads around my area are dead quiet, I can drive my favorite road for almost 30 minutes without seeing a car some Sunday mornings.
Dr Pepper

10th Jun 15 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

which is a very good reason why I do not want to share a pavement with a pedestrian.

Segregated bike routes are a waste of money too.... Just design new junctions and city interchanges with cyclists in mind, fix the pot holes and make the driving test harder ....and we all live happily ever after.
Steve
Premium Member

10th Jun 15 at 12:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think all cyclists should have to take a test too
Ellis

10th Jun 15 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed. The equivalent of your 50m swimming badge for bicycles.
Dom

10th Jun 15 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

which is a very good reason why I do not want to share a pavement with a pedestrian.

A lot are down to the cyclist doing illegal maneuvers, ie - going through red lights.

Tbh, whilst the driving test should be harder, the government should also bring in tests/licenses for cyclists; it's only be fair considering they share the roads/pavements with others and cause injuries to others.
Nic Barnes

10th Jun 15 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
should people have to take a walking test as well?
SVM 286

10th Jun 15 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes

''4 wheel engined murderer ''

Loved this.

Wet eyed from laughing now. Gonna forward it to my pal who shouted ''motorist!!!'' at me
Dr Pepper

10th Jun 15 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

A lot are down to the cyclist doing illegal maneuvers, ie - going through red lights.

Tbh, whilst the driving test should be harder, the government should also bring in tests/licenses for cyclists; it's only be fair considering they share the roads/pavements with others and cause injuries to others.

The idea is to make more people cycle - not less. Please stop making out there is a trend of cyclists causing injury or damage - it's incredibly rare. Make it more difficult or expensive to cycle, less people cycle, more people drive resulting in more congestion, death, pollution, obesity and road degradation .... It's a pretty simple equation - unless you are stupid
Ellis

10th Jun 15 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
If they walk on the road then yes. Reckless bastards.
Nic Barnes

10th Jun 15 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
If they walk on the road then yes. Reckless bastards.
people walk on cycle paths, etc.

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Unbelievable scenes 22 database queries in 0.1036041 seconds