corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Unbelievable scenes

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Unbelievable scenes
Dom

User status: Offline
10th Jun 15 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
The idea is to make more people cycle ...

It's also for everyone to be safe whilst using roads and for it to be fair to all road users. And you can't put the emphasis fully onto motorists when a bike is classed as a vehicle under the Vienna Convention and someone can jump onto a bike without any or very little knowledge of road use and procedures; that doesn't sound particularly safe nor fair to me.

You have to be pretty stupid to think otherwise .....

[Edited on 10-06-2015 by Dom]
Nic Barnes

10th Jun 15 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can get into a car at 17 years old once you have your learners permit. you need no lessons just someone of a certain age who has been driving long enough. so without knowing any knowledge of road use or procedures, you can get in a car and kill cyclists at age 17.

that seems pretty stupid to me.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

10th Jun 15 at 16:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, there shouldn't be an age for limit for killing cyclists.
Jason x
Premium Member

10th Jun 15 at 17:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never had any driving lessons
Jason x
Premium Member

10th Jun 15 at 18:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never killed any cyclists though
Dom

10th Jun 15 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
...you need no lessons just someone of a certain age who has been driving long enough.

As you state, the driver is supervised by someone that can drive and has adequate knowledge; you don't get that with cycling - just hop on and go play silly buggers in the road
Nic Barnes

10th Jun 15 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They just have to be in the car they are not in control of it as it ploughs into crowds of cyclists on their daily commute Dom.
Dom

10th Jun 15 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
They just have to be in the car they are not in control of it as it ploughs into crowds of cyclists on their daily commute Dom.

The driver is supervised (and if in a 'learners' car then there is dual-control) unlike a new cyclist with their little knowledge of the highway code, road use and procedures who swerves all over the wrong side of the road smacking into a parked car and killing a pedestrian, Nick.

Bottom line, all road users should have knowledge of the road procedures and/or highway code and perhaps road cyclists should be licensed.

[Edited on 10-06-2015 by Dom]
Nic Barnes

11th Jun 15 at 06:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why do you not like cyclists Dom?
Cavey

11th Jun 15 at 07:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

His parents were killed by a rogue cyclist
Nic Barnes

11th Jun 15 at 07:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

must be something like that to have a vendetta like steve does. i cant tell if dom is being serious or not though.
Dom

11th Jun 15 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Why do you not like cyclists Dom?

Didn't say i didn't Nick; got a bike myself. I just believe it has to be fair and safe for every road user. I'm a bit confused to why cyclists like yourself are against that

Edit - If driving licenses are to be more difficult (i have no issue with this), perhaps even included a section for bike awareness, then it isn't unreasonable for a cyclist to have some form of formal training in road use and procedures, ie - like riding motorbikes

[Edited on 11-06-2015 by Dom]
Nic Barnes

11th Jun 15 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can operate a cycle on the road, as can 99.9% of other cyclists. its actually 90% of motorists that cant drive round or near cyclists that are the problem dom. the facts are there. youve never been a cyclist, you havent really got an argument or point to make on the subject, as you have zero understanding.
Dom

11th Jun 15 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i can operate a cycle on the road, as can 99.9% of other cyclists. its actually 90% of motorists that cant drive round or near cyclists that are the problem dom. the facts are there.

Got sources to back up your figures?

quote:
youve never been a cyclist, you havent really got an argument or point to make on the subject, as you have zero understanding.

Already stated i've got and use a bike, so i'm confused by the above rampage

Either way, it sounds like you're not particularly interested in safety on our roads which is a little odd. Luckily this view isn't shared by all cyclists

And to state, i'd be more than happy if i had to spend £50/100 on a test and license to cycle if it meant improved safety on roads.
Nic Barnes

11th Jun 15 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but dom, if you are a cyclist like you say, and you spend 50-100 on a test to cycle, that still doesnt stop the morons in cars running you over. eductate them. inform them its a shared use road. thats the problem.
Ellis

11th Jun 15 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's your argument then Nic? If you were the bloke responsible, what would you change?

Yes there are a lot of wanker motorists out there but how do you legislate against that?
Steve
Premium Member

11th Jun 15 at 12:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Must say the amount of cyclists i see daily riding down one way roads the wrong way, going through red lights, riding on pavements etc does not support nic barnes 99.9% stats.

Unless every one of the naughty 0.01% are all congregated in HR1
Nic Barnes

11th Jun 15 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

motorists need trained further that a road is a multi use route.

hopefully all these cyclists with cameras on will help to catch the drivers responsible. its a good idea as most just flee the scene so atleast video the fuckers and try to get a reg plate.
Dom

11th Jun 15 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
inform them its a shared use road...

Why should it fully fall on to motorists (and bikers to some extent)?

As you say, the roads are shared so why shouldn't cyclists take some of the responsibility?

It's not unreasonable if motorists are to have stricter tests then cyclists should also be taught correct road use and awareness. If you tackle it from all sides then you improve and increase safety across the board
Dom

11th Jun 15 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
motorists need trained further that a road is a multi use route.

How do you tackle cyclists that have little to no knowledge of the highway code and correct road procedures?

So far, your only answer is to have stricter driving tests which doesn't affect nor is a solution for the above problem.

[Edited on 11-06-2015 by Dom]
Nic Barnes

11th Jun 15 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Must say the amount of cyclists i see daily riding down one way roads the wrong way, going through red lights, riding on pavements etc does not support nic barnes 99.9% stats.

Unless every one of the naughty 0.01% are all congregated in HR1
i am talking with dom about cycling on a road. you are not reading posts correctly before wading in.

also to add to what you have waded in with, not all footpaths are footpaths. many allow access for cycles. your local authority can provide you with a necessary map. then you can check them off every day and see how many naughty cyclists there are that murder nobody and hurt nobody vs motor accidents.

report back immediately.
Steve
Premium Member

11th Jun 15 at 13:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you require me to do the same with traffic lights, and one way roads?
Dom

11th Jun 15 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
....cyclists there are that murder nobody and hurt nobody...

Do a Google and you'll see plenty of articles showing incidents of cyclists killing and injuring others

I think you're now just trolling rather than attempting to have a rational discussion Nick
Nic Barnes

11th Jun 15 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
....cyclists there are that murder nobody and hurt nobody...

Do a Google and you'll see plenty of articles showing incidents of cyclists killing and injuring others

I think you're now just trolling rather than attempting to have a rational discussion Nick
Yeah, all you really need to know are pedestrians killed by cyclists = 1, peds killed by cars = 253

quote from the first article on google. cheers dom.
Nic Barnes

11th Jun 15 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote 2

One pedestrian was killed by a cyclist and 78 were seriously injured in 2012. At the same time, 253 pedestrians were killed by drivers in urban areas and 4,426 were seriously injured.

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Unbelievable scenes 22 database queries in 0.0183361 seconds