corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Unbelievable scenes

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Unbelievable scenes
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
22nd Jun 15 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-33223823

sad times for cyclists again
SVM 286

22nd Jun 15 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cycling in London is insanity. Russian Roulette essentially.

No specific details in that report of the type of incident that resulted in this latest death.

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest though if this is yet another carbon copy of the apparently now standard, rider trying to turn left at lights on the inside of a dirt lorry and paying the ultimate toll.

These folks need to treat this type of scenario with extreme caution and act accordingly.

Stay the hell away from dirt lorries. It's common sense. Umpteen tons of twelve wheeled tipper and it's gap toothed pikey pilot are going to come off infinitely better in any encounter.
Brett
Premium Member

22nd Jun 15 at 14:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need to start putting THINK TRUCK stickers on the back of them maybe

I do think 9/10 times it's the cyclists putting themselves in unnecessary danger.

[Edited on 22-06-2015 by Brett]
Nic Barnes

22nd Jun 15 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i nearly got knocked off mine last week. someone seen me riding down a cycle lane at the side of the street in the centre of carlisle, and while looking at me, i know this as i was looking at them in the face, then turned right across my path. i was doing about 18-20mph steadily. that would have fuckin hurt. so as the passenger had the window open i shout at them, being the 1 foot from the door i was now stationary, you fuckin dick. they opened the car doors, both bigger lads than me, so i peddled like fuck up the road and hid down a side street fearing for my life. true story. reported it to the police when i got back as well.
SVM 286

22nd Jun 15 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In my experience Nic, discretion is the better part of valour when dealing with dicks like this.

A carefully engineered 'near miss' with plenty of brake noise combined with an appropriately black look, eye to eye with the offender, will usually do the trick and leave them in no doubt as to what a bell end they are.

I know it can be a knee jerk reaction to shout at these type of arseholes, in the absence of a horn. But it'll more often than not, just antagonise someone who is already a comprehensive meat-head, judging by their driving style.
spencer88

22nd Jun 15 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a motorcyclist almost have a head on crash with me yesterday, as he felt it was appropriate to overtake a lorry, on my side of the road. Not sure if he thought my car would just turn invisible. Luckily I managed to swerve and avoid him.
andy1868

22nd Jun 15 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i assume his side of the road was filled with the lorry so using your side of the road was the natural thing to do.
spencer88

22nd Jun 15 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andy1868
i assume his side of the road was filled with the lorry so using your side of the road was the natural thing to do.

Yep.

Lorry coming down, usually lorry speed, he was on the right hand side of the lorry straddling the white lines.
Pulled out and was in the middle of my lane, so I had to straddle the hedge/hard shoulder to stop him being a statistic.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

22nd Jun 15 at 15:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by spencer88
I had a motorcyclist almost have a head on crash with me yesterday, as he felt it was appropriate to overtake a lorry, on my side of the road. Not sure if he thought my car would just turn invisible. Luckily I managed to swerve and avoid him.

I had similar yesterday too. Only it was a caravan rather than a truck and the bike was well into my lane. There was enough space once I'd moved over to the left of my lane so it wasn't really a drama but you can guarantee that if it had been me overtaking the caravan, and making the decision that the bike had enough space, he'd have lost his shit and been telling anyone who'd listen, how I'd tried to kill him
SVM 286

22nd Jun 15 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This evening a foolish young (16ish) fellow decided to ride across a pedestrian crossing without warning, flat out, from the pavement, in front of me and another car, moments after the lights had turned green in our favour and we'd both pulled away.

Both of us and everyone behind had to slam on the anchors as soon as moving.

Silly little bastard will no doubt end up as yet another statistic sooner or later and ruin multiple people's lives in to the bargain.
Jason x
Premium Member

22nd Jun 15 at 23:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
i shout at them, being the 1 foot from the door i was now stationary, you fuckin dick. they opened the car doors, both bigger lads than me, so i peddled like fuck up the road and hid down a side street fearing for my life. true story. reported it to the police when i got back as well.

Is that a genuine post?
pow
Premium Member

23rd Jun 15 at 07:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
quote:
Originally posted by spencer88

I had similar yesterday too. Only it was a caravan rather than a truck and the bike was well into my lane. There was enough space once I'd moved over to the left of my lane so it wasn't really a drama but you can guarantee that if it had been me overtaking the caravan, and making the decision that the bike had enough space, he'd have lost his shit and been telling anyone who'd listen, how I'd tried to kill him

I see one every morning who thinks it's his god given right to drive down the wrong side of the road past the line of traffic on his side, wrong side of traffic islands and into oncoming traffic. I choose to bully him over now.
Nic Barnes

23rd Jun 15 at 07:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jason x
quote:
i shout at them, being the 1 foot from the door i was now stationary, you fuckin dick. they opened the car doors, both bigger lads than me, so i peddled like fuck up the road and hid down a side street fearing for my life. true story. reported it to the police when i got back as well.

Is that a genuine post?
yes, genuine post.
Nic Barnes

23rd Jun 15 at 07:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyway, this mornings ride to work wasnt eventful at all. i got here, a bit too early as i dont start for another 10 minutes. time to put the kettle on i guess.
SVM 286

23rd Jun 15 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Christ that's an early start Nic!
Nic Barnes

23rd Jun 15 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3135492/Pictured-Six-eight-cyclists-killed-London-s-roads-year-two-die-incidents-past-two-days.html

Nic Barnes

23rd Jun 15 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
8:30-5:30 with an hour for dinner. not too bad tbh, monday to friday

takes me the same time to cycle to work as it does to drive it. its just over 5 miles from one side of carlisle city centre to the other.

[Edited on 23-06-2015 by Nic Barnes]
baza31

23rd Jun 15 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surprised Nic hasn't replaced his handle bars with a keyboard or a speak and spell to try get him out of these 'real life' situations.
SVM 286

23rd Jun 15 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
8:30-5:30

Strange.

My laptop has your post listed as 7:20am

My time offset must have gone doolally.
SVM 286

23rd Jun 15 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3135492/Pictured-Six-eight-cyclists-killed-London-s-roads-year-two-die-incidents-past-two-days.html

I love how they want all private cars banned from central London, when it's invariably just pikies in tipper lorries that are smearing dappy, clueless young women across the kerbs and railings of our shittest city.
Matt L

23rd Jun 15 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I love how they want all private cars banned from central London, when it's invariably just pikies in tipper lorries that are smearing dappy, clueless young women across the kerbs and railings of our shittest city.

I'd like to know how all these people asking for bans think that the shops will get deliveries and how construction waste will be removed tbh, yes its sad and stuff needs to be done but if people didn't put themselves in unnecessary danger then itd be safer.

[Edited on 23-06-2015 by Matt L]
Nic Barnes

23rd Jun 15 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
Surprised Nic hasn't replaced his handle bars with a keyboard or a speak and spell to try get him out of these 'real life' situations.
i am in the real world you daft prick
Nic Barnes

24th Jun 15 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3136296/Cyclist-21-knocked-killed-grandmother-73-riding-BMX-bike-pulled-skip-jailed.html

not really a cyclist. just a thug.
JM_16v

24th Jun 15 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cyclists take liberties in london, always skipping red lights, but if you hit one your the worse cunt in the world.

I drive through epping forest every morning and 75% of the time the guys cycling into the city dont use the cycle lanes provided, they are on the roads? im not sure why

so around 83% are women so does that mean we should ban women from riding bikes in London according to the evidence.
Nic Barnes

24th Jun 15 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you dont have to ride on cycle paths. its not a law. can legally use the roads. i prefer to ride on the road.

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Unbelievable scenes 22 database queries in 0.0173631 seconds