corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Unbelievable scenes

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Unbelievable scenes
Dom

User status: Offline
11th Jun 15 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
....cyclists there are that murder nobody and hurt nobody...

Do a Google and you'll see plenty of articles showing incidents of cyclists killing and injuring others

I think you're now just trolling rather than attempting to have a rational discussion Nick
Yeah, all you really need to know are pedestrians killed by cyclists = 1, peds killed by cars = 253

quote from the first article on google. cheers dom.

You stated, that cyclists "murder nobody and hurt nobody" yet you've showed yourself that they do - so you've contradicted yourself

Either way, you still haven't answered my question -

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
How do you tackle cyclists that have little to no knowledge of the highway code and correct road procedures?

Nic Barnes

11th Jun 15 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is no answer.

you cannot regulate people riding push bikes.
Nic Barnes

11th Jun 15 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also, thats nearly 1 padestrian a day killed by a car compared to 0.002 padestrains a day killed by a cycle.

Ellis

11th Jun 15 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is the ratio of cyclists to motorists though? Disproportionate figures there - need some form of frequency or rate to compare them fairly.
Dom

11th Jun 15 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
there is no answer.

What do you mean by 'regulate'?

Surely a cyclist can be taught the highway code and proper road use and etiquette like motorists and bikers?
Nic Barnes

11th Jun 15 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
there is no answer.

What do you mean by 'regulate'?

Surely a cyclist can be taught the highway code and proper road use and etiquette like motorists and bikers?
you said a license/test. now are you expecting everyone that owns a push cycle to do that? nobody could enforce that?
Nic Barnes

11th Jun 15 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom

And to state, i'd be more than happy if i had to spend £50/100 on a test and license to cycle if it meant improved safety on roads.
just to quote you so you don't go off saying you didnt say that.
Nic Barnes

11th Jun 15 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

actually, unless you went to a shit school, didnt you have a cycling profiency test? i know we did, ive got a certificate for it. i shall tag you in it on face evil.
Dom

11th Jun 15 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
you said a license/test. now are you expecting everyone that owns a push cycle to do that? nobody could enforce that?

Everyone with a bike needs a license/to take a test; i'm not saying it wouldn't be hard to enforce but it's certainly not impossible and it'd be one way to improve the knowledge that cyclists have when using roads.

Perhaps making it part of the education system is another solution, like the cycling proficiency test you took; it certainly isn't mandatory though as i never did it whilst at school - did something similar with the Scouts but there was nothing "official" about it.

Either way, saying it fully lies with motorists is complete hogwash as every road user needs to have some form of fundamental understanding of the highway code/road etiquette if there is to be a form of safety on the roads.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

11th Jun 15 at 15:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cycling proficiency, from what I remember, was a group of probably 20 kids, riding around some 'junctions' in a playground totalling about 3 hours, including the briefest mention of the highway code and traffic signs, and all at the age of about 8 when you have virtually no sense of self-preservation anyway.

Funnily enough, the CBT concept in motorbikes is similarly ridiculous. 4 hours, half in a private yard, much like the cycling proficiency, then 2 hours on the road where you seemingly had to keep the bike upright and do the bare minimum in terms of checking behind you, whilst not exceeding the 35 mph limiter too often and bang, perfectly safe to ride a geared 125 despite being fairly wobbly on a rev and rip 50.

Want to drive a car though, that, on average, takes 45 hours of one-to-one lessons, almost all of which is spent driving on roads or public car parks. Plus a theory test including 50 questions (although only 35 when I passed) about the highway code and a series of hazard perception videos to show you more of the problems that you're likely to encounter on the roads.

Cyclists share the same roads (motorways excluded), with the same vehicles, yet they can do it with pretty much zero knowledge of how roads work. How could that possibly be safe?
Nic Barnes

11th Jun 15 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people walking also can share those roads.
Mike
Premium Member

11th Jun 15 at 15:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes and people generally learn about being a pedestrian from their parents from as they grow up. That's more of an ongoing lesson that pops up every now and then during your childhood. Similarly, most people probably do gain some basic cycling knowledge from their parents but unless the parent is also a cyclist, chances are it's only going to be the very basics of looking for cars before riding into the road, not the extensive training that is needed to pass a driving test.
Nic Barnes

11th Jun 15 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cars are definitely more dangerous than a cycle though mike or do you not agree?

either being operated correctly, there is no problem. id reckon there are more bad drivers than bad cyclists. if anything id reckon its 95% more
Mike
Premium Member

11th Jun 15 at 17:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A bike alone is less likely to kill or injure than a car yes but anything using the roads can cause another vehicle to kill or injure, especially if they don't know properly how they should be using the roads.

Where I'm really struggling to agree with you is that you seem to believe that cyclists are fine to go out with minimal training because when they crash, it's less likely to do damage but on the other hand car drivers need even more training than the average 45 hours and 2 tests that they already have to know how to not drive into untrained cyclists who feel they have the right to use the roads without having proper awareness of what they should be doing and what is going on around them.
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Jun 15 at 01:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
it'd be interesting to see what the figures are of cyclists damaging vehicles vs vehicles leaving the scene of a bike accident

Interesting but they're not related.
Ellis

12th Jun 15 at 07:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They should probably introduce a minimum amount of tuition for learner drivers to somewhere near that average figure quoted above.

I had 6 x 0.5hr lessons before passing and looking back now, I would not have given myself a license. Mind you, would I give any 17 year old a license? Probably not. Teenagers are dangerous, I drove around thinking mostly with my cock.
pow
Premium Member

12th Jun 15 at 07:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still drive around thinking mostly with my cock
Ellis

12th Jun 15 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

spencer88

12th Jun 15 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
I still drive around thinking mostly with my cock

I remember doing my CBT and being told off for looking at some skirt and not watching the road properly! Saw in my mirrors the instructor doing the same
Nic Barnes

12th Jun 15 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3121361/Moment-Boris-Bike-rider-punched-floor-thug-east-London.html

padestrians obviously need educating on how to walk on a foot path.
Dom

12th Jun 15 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
....padestrians obviously need educating on how to walk on a foot path.

No, the guy was clearly being a cunt
SVM 286

19th Jun 15 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-33168986

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0elsNDRqLtQ
Steve
Premium Member

19th Jun 15 at 18:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Self entitled twat

Love how he tried to create a massive drama about it and no-one else cares
Nic Barnes

19th Jun 15 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's dangerous. End of.
SVM 286

19th Jun 15 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eating a fucking bowl of cereal at the wheel of a car.

It's unfuckingconscionable. It just beggars belief.

My old man told me about it and I thought he was taking the piss or exaggerating.

Then I saw a picture of it in a newspaper.

This makes using a phone or smoking at the wheel seem almost sane.

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Unbelievable scenes 22 database queries in 0.0186472 seconds