corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Unbelievable scenes

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Unbelievable scenes
Generation

User status: Offline
8th Jun 15 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian, you're judging all cyclists the same? I don't cycle, but I know they're not all pricks. You can't base you view of everybody based on an incident you've incurred.
That's how racism starts..
DaveyLC

8th Jun 15 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Ian, you're judging all cyclists the same? I don't cycle, but I know they're not all pricks. You can't base you view of everybody based on an incident you've incurred.

Not all politicians are self-absorbed cunts either but its fun to generalise.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

8th Jun 15 at 13:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:
Originally posted by Steve

Although the cyclist was legally allowed to be there
[Edited on 08-06-2015 by Steve]

you should have just ended your post there.

In what way was he wrong to suggest that traffic could potentially be eased by cyclists using the cycle lanes that councils have spent millions to create rather than going slow on the roads? I have no issue with cyclists using the roads but when it's a safer, less busy option to use the cycle lane yet they choose to cause congestion on the roads then it does come across as being somewhat discourteous.

Just to add, I'm not necessarily talking about when the council put some lines down a foot from the kerb and call it a cycle lane, I'm on about when the cycle lane is separated from the road as it appears to be in the video.
Nic Barnes

8th Jun 15 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You don't need to swerve right over to the other lane to go past. Most of the time I go passed bikes with traffic coming the other way

you may find steve actually didnt suggest cyclists cause congestion.
Nic Barnes

8th Jun 15 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Its not a troll, you genuinely dont need the whole road empty to go round a cyclist, if you do then you have terrible judgement and are guilty of holding up traffic unnecessarily
so basically, steve is saying its the motorists fault, not the cyclists.

Corsa_Sport21

8th Jun 15 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Its not a troll, you genuinely dont need the whole road empty to go round a cyclist, if you do then you have terrible judgement and are guilty of holding up traffic unnecessarily

Highway Code would disagree.
Steve
Premium Member

8th Jun 15 at 14:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Show me where it says in the highway code that you cant overtake a cyclist unless the lanes are completely empty?

It probably says something along the lines of when safe to do so.

Its perfectly safe
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

8th Jun 15 at 14:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
You don't need to swerve right over to the other lane to go past. Most of the time I go passed bikes with traffic coming the other way

you may find steve actually didnt suggest cyclists cause congestion.

He did though when you read the quote that you cut down.

quote:
Lol i saw that the other day.

Although the cyclist was legally allowed to be there, and the driver was clearly going over the top, it did make me think he had a bit a point to being a little annoyed, as there is clearly a cycle path which would stop any traffic build up if used. If nothing more out of consideration for the motorists, it would also be safer for the bikes. It works both ways.

[Edited on 08-06-2015 by Steve]
Corsa_Sport21

8th Jun 15 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

https://www.gov.uk/using-the-road-159-to-203/overtaking-162-to-169
Marc

8th Jun 15 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Only reason to have a cam is so you can go looking for shit to happen to you.

A guy in York does this. Constantly sends his videos to the press too.
Steve
Premium Member

8th Jun 15 at 15:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
https://www.gov.uk/using-the-road-159-to-203/overtaking-162-to-169

Cant see anything on there

if youre referring to

quote:
##give motorcyclists, cyclists and horse riders at least as much room as you would when overtaking a car (see Rules 211 to 213) and 214 to 215).

Then that still applies to when I overtake them, I probably leave 3 feet or so when overtaking a car, you can apply this gap and get passed a bicycle comfortably without requiring all of the road.

You only need all of the road with a car because a car is loads wider
Steve
Premium Member

8th Jun 15 at 15:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love this pic on the highway code site too

If they mean use as much of the road as you would a car, then if that was a car there and not a bike hed be grating down the side of it.

If they mean leave as much gap as if you were overtaking a car, if a car were there they would be overtaking on the grass verge on the opposite side of the road
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

8th Jun 15 at 15:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why is that cyclist 3 feet from the kerb?
Nic Barnes

8th Jun 15 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
why is that cyclist 3 feet from the kerb?
legally can occupy any part of the lane the cyclist is in. its actually irrelevant where you ride as long as, like a car, its within the lane markings i never hug the kerb. id rather have a couple of foot just incase pricks like steve are driving about.
Nic Barnes

8th Jun 15 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was going to find a video of me falling off my bike
ShEp

8th Jun 15 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should pay road tax.
Dom

8th Jun 15 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
...as there is clearly a cycle path..

Is the cycle path two-way (doesn't look big enough)? I'd always assume that with it being on the other side of the road, it's for cyclists coming the other way

quote:
Originally posted by ShEp
Should pay road tax.

[Edited on 08-06-2015 by Dom]
SVM 286

8th Jun 15 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
think bike tbh. you lot are all ignorant 4 wheel death machine drivers.

Turned up at the pub in my car the other week. One pal turned up on one of his bikes. Waved his fist in the air as he passed me and shouted 'MOTORIST!!!'
Nic Barnes

8th Jun 15 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont get me wrong, i like vehicles.
Generation

8th Jun 15 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:
Originally posted by Generation

Not all politicians are self-absorbed cunts either but its fun to generalise.

I didn't say they were though, so not sure why you're quoting me
nibnob21
Premium Member

8th Jun 15 at 16:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
IMO all cyclists should be drivers and all drivers should be cyclists

This. Or a motorbike will do. It makes you a much better driver.

So many drivers see a cyclist and go into autopilot of 'I must overtake them, they're a cyclist', with no thought given to the cyclist's actual speed, or the road conditions up ahead etc. Countless times I've had people hold me up because they've overtaken and instantly hit the brakes. The positions you get put in sometimes by motorists is staggering; you're frequently seen as just an inanimate object in the way as opposed to an actual human being. When some people get in their cars they become so detached from the real world.

I cycle most days for work and have a camera. Is it to go out looking for shit? No, I have a sense of self preservation. I'm the one who's always going to come out in a worse state.

Is it in case I need something to back me up if the situation ever arises when Mr Dopey having his morning or afternoon snooze to/from work takes me off my bike? Yep. Has that nearly happened? Yep, quite a few times. But not because I look for it, but because some drivers are completely oblivious to their surroundings.

The absolute vast majority of drivers are completely fine and respectful, and the absolute vast majority of cyclists are completely fine and respectful. However like with anything in life it's the minority that stands out.

MX5 Project Thread
DaveyLC

8th Jun 15 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nic Barnes

8th Jun 15 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nibnob21
quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
IMO all cyclists should be drivers and all drivers should be cyclists

This. Or a motorbike will do. It makes you a much better driver.

So many drivers see a cyclist and go into autopilot of 'I must overtake them, they're a cyclist', with no thought given to the cyclist's actual speed, or the road conditions up ahead etc. Countless times I've had people hold me up because they've overtaken and instantly hit the brakes. The positions you get put in sometimes by motorists is staggering; you're frequently seen as just an inanimate object in the way as opposed to an actual human being. When some people get in their cars they become so detached from the real world.

I cycle most days for work and have a camera. Is it to go out looking for shit? No, I have a sense of self preservation. I'm the one who's always going to come out in a worse state.

Is it in case I need something to back me up if the situation ever arises when Mr Dopey having his morning or afternoon snooze to/from work takes me off my bike? Yep. Has that nearly happened? Yep, quite a few times. But not because I look for it, but because some drivers are completely oblivious to their surroundings.

The absolute vast majority of drivers are completely fine and respectful, and the absolute vast majority of cyclists are completely fine and respectful. However like with anything in life it's the minority that stands out.
ive had many close incidents because people pull out of a junction not realising that even on a push bike i can be going along at 20-25mph in a 30 almost keeping up with the traffic. then as you say, the people who slam the brakes for no reason. then the people who deliberately pull into and cover up cycle lanes etc.
Cole

8th Jun 15 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ShEp
Should pay road tax.

Why should they
Generation

8th Jun 15 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has that argument^ many cyclists already pay road tx as they also have cars.
Should we make pedestrians pay it too, for crossing the road?

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Unbelievable scenes 23 database queries in 0.1995101 seconds