corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 208 Gti Cheap Lease Deals

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 208 Gti Cheap Lease Deals
Dom

User status: Offline
25th Jun 15 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
.....and no other times

Why can't you drive it "no other times"?

You can drive a lease car whenever you like, there's nothing stopping you

Edit - And if you're doing serious mileage, ie - the "average" 20k pa, then it's unlikely you'd be looking at lease deals that are only 5k pa inclusive
I suspect the majority of people in that situation would use a bit of common sense and start looking at 20k pa deals and then work backwards to see if it's cheaper to use excess mileage

[Edited on 25-06-2015 by Dom]
DaveyLC

25th Jun 15 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:
Difference is I'm not paying 200quid a month for the privellage of it sitting on my driveway

^^THIS

You can't compare old to new, so i'm not sure why a select few keep bringing it up

Of course you can!

Just because a car is BRAND NEW doesn't mean its not going to break down

And a car isn't like a TV, you can't just return it for a full refund at the first sign of trouble so it doesn't matter if its a brand new car or 2nd hand if you buy it from a dealer and they've both got warranties you're in the same game!

[Edited on 25-06-2015 by DaveyLC]
Dom

25th Jun 15 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Of course you can!

Ones a new car, one isn't. It's like saying an apple is an orange - they're both fruit but that's about as far as it goes.

Only comparison you can make is between buying a new car and leasing a new car.

quote:
Just because a car is BRAND NEW doesn't mean its not going to break down

Difference is a lease company will either repair/replace the vehicle and offer you a loan if need be.
Jambo

25th Jun 15 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So if your house breaks and you need a plumber... and he comes over and fixes the issue and then leaves charging you money for his service...

Plumber wins?!
DaveyLC

25th Jun 15 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
So if your house breaks and you need a plumber... and he comes over and fixes the issue and then leaves charging you money for his service...

Plumber wins?!

Well that depends if the plumber fitted the plumbing in the first place?
DaveyLC

25th Jun 15 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And to use your plumbing analogy:

You have a new bathroom installed and you can pay for it monthly at the rate of £150/month..

However you can only take 600 shits, 300 baths and 500 showers for every extra bath, shit or shower you take you will be charged £2.50.

Also you must clean the bathroom regularly and have the plumbing inspected every 12 months or every 100 shits depending on which occurs first, if you don't there will be an extra cost.

When you buy towels and bath matts they must be purchased from the plumber or to the plumbers specifications.

After 3 years the plumber will come back and rip the bathroom out or you can pay him £5k and keep It after which you can do as many shits as you like.

Seems fucking mental doesn't it?

[Edited on 25-06-2015 by DaveyLC]
Jambo

25th Jun 15 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really,

You would purchase a car that is fit for your personal circumstances. No use trying to sell an MR2 on 50k a year for £3 to someone who needs a Zafira for 10k a year.

If I do 6k a year, I can use my vehicle for what I need and want it to do for an agreed price. Same as if I purchased a car and did 6k a year in it. That wont change, unless of course my circumstances do.

Why wouldn't you clean your car regularly? My lease car is as immaculate as any other car I have owned, because it is much nicer to be clean and presentable than dirty and broken.

Steve
Premium Member

25th Jun 15 at 12:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think there are valid cases for leasing, if you really want a brand new car and if you really do as few as 5k miles then it is no doubt cheaper than buying a brand new car - just, not the case if you are doing more miles however.

Still think the financial common sense decision in that scenario is to buy a newish second hand car, you can get something really decent for 8k or so and pocket the grand you are saving on leasing and still have some financial asset at the end of it to do with as you wish.

[Edited on 25-06-2015 by Steve]
antnee

25th Jun 15 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is clear that there are certain people against leasing that have no clue about it. There are loads of guys on Cliosport now leasing cars, who are paying only a tiny bit more than the advertised prices to do 10-20k instead of the usual 5-8k in the adverts. I think there is one guy with a Fiesta ST who is paying about £5-10 extra a month to do 15k instead of 5k per year.
Ben G

25th Jun 15 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our Fiesta ST costs £3 more a month to do 9k p.a instead of 6k. Hardly a drastic expense is it?
Jambo

25th Jun 15 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As with anything, it depends on the deal/price/set-up and your personal circumstances. It is not the only solution, but it exists and is popular for a reason.

I am due to hand my DS3 back next month and I would definitely lease again. That coupled to the artifically high priced used cars at the moment means for me personally its attractive.

Will probably end up hanging on to my shed though and wasting billions keeping it on the road
DaveyLC

25th Jun 15 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
but it exists and is popular for a reason.

Because most people are far to greedy and impatient to save combined with wanting to have the latest and greatest thing, gadget, fashion to show off to their equally as fickle friends.
antnee

25th Jun 15 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.gateway2lease.com/z_ford_fiesta_1.6ecoboostst-23dr-newmayoffer_15159_leasing.php#.VYvx5dJJOE4

This is cheaper than the one we bought, lower deposit, lower monthly payments, with higher mileage and same term. That is with having about 20% knocked off the list price (for Ford Privilege scheme) and £750 deposit contribution.
Steve
Premium Member

25th Jun 15 at 12:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not fully against leasing as I looked at it for myself but I couldn't get nd anywhere where the price per month didn't go up massively when you are looking at 15k a year. If you can show me how it will only cost me 5 extra a month to do that sort of mileage il be all ears,
antnee

25th Jun 15 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most of the time you need to contact the companies, not just look online at the deals.
gavin18787
Premium Member

25th Jun 15 at 13:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Who does 5k a year apart from your nan?

Me

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
gavin18787
Premium Member

25th Jun 15 at 13:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Our Fiesta ST costs £3 more a month to do 9k p.a instead of 6k. Hardly a drastic expense is it?

Thats like the difference between not putting your foot down a couple of times per month in fuel savings lol

End of the day works for some people and not for others

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
spencer88

25th Jun 15 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G

How do you cope?

I mean that's like one coffee form Costa less per month, or one pint in the pub?

Living on the edge you are .
Steve
Premium Member

25th Jun 15 at 14:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Except that nowhere has it for £3 extra a month on their website

Apaprently its a secret and you have to ring up for it, which is proof it must be lies because Ben G has a fear of speaking to anyone on the phone
Ben G

25th Jun 15 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You fucking flid, I work for Ford. Why would I worry about speaking to a fellow employee? Not everyone has aspergers mate.

I ordered this one by phoning a guy up and the first time I spoke face to face is when I picked it up.

You don't need to do back handed deals to get a good price of excess mileage. You just need to not be a hermit and actally leave your mothers abode once in a while.

[Edited on 25-06-2015 by Ben G]
Steve
Premium Member

25th Jun 15 at 15:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why are you getting angry at me because you are scared to use a telephone?
deano87

25th Jun 15 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those telephone sales people will do anything to get a few sales at the end of the month.

And everyone knows there is a bracket they can work to and I bet mileage is one thing they can change without much fuss.

Websites will show higher mileage costs in the hope people will do the deal online!
Nic Barnes

25th Jun 15 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

end of the month is always the best time to try and get a deal everyone knows it. targets to be met etc.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

25th Jun 15 at 16:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'll more than likely lease my next car when the abarth goes. Easy hassle free motoring for a set price a month.
Ben G

25th Jun 15 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Why are you getting angry at me because you are scared to use a telephone?

I'm not getting angry. You're imagining it, though I suppose you have nothing better to do with your time apart from build model toys.

<<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 208 Gti Cheap Lease Deals 23 database queries in 0.0211430 seconds