corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 208 Gti Cheap Lease Deals

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 208 Gti Cheap Lease Deals
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
15th Jun 15 at 18:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Colin you fucking mug with two hassle-free nice cars that aren't actually costing any more than they'd depreciate if you bought them outright
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Jun 15 at 18:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That was a joke BTW
ed

User status: Offline
16th Jun 15 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think PCP might be better than leasing as you can swap the car part way through the term, plus you get a bit of equity in the vehicle to use for the next one. My 500 will cost me something like £3.8k in the 18 months I plan on keeping it and it needs no tax, MOT or servicing.
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Jun 15 at 17:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would the accumulation of equity not mean your payments were too high?

ie. lease and put £50pm under the bed is the same.

I do genuinely feel the maths will balance whatever the approach, you're only fighting depreciation ultimately.
ed

16th Jun 15 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could lease and save I suppose. The only difference then would be the ability to walk away. Like you say, all you're really paying for is the depreciation, and a little interest on to too. The rates on cheapo things like Fiats are pretty good, plus the resale on 500's is pretty good so they're not that expensive to finance to start with.
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Jun 15 at 18:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm always surprised when I go looking for something big for work and end up looking through the cheap stuff. I remember when £150pm was a bargain balloon deal, nowadays you actually have lots of choice at half that pm.
SVM 286

17th Jun 15 at 02:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are you referring to there Ian?
Jambo

17th Jun 15 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PCP usually carries a heftier deposit.
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Jun 15 at 00:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286

When I go looking for something that can tow and end up wanting a Chevrolet Spark.
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Jun 15 at 00:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.nationalvehiclesolutions.co.uk/Audi-A4-Saloon-1.8-170ps-Blk-Ed-Nav-Business-Lease/30221

ed

18th Jun 15 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Running a pretty local business if you're only doing 5k a year in it
DaveyLC

18th Jun 15 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Running a pretty local business if you're only doing 5k a year in it

Anything more than 8k/year it says POA

Theres a £1,500 (+VAT) deposit and a £199 admin charge too.
Nic Barnes

18th Jun 15 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thing is, you could buy a t4 transporter, have it for 3 years, and its made you money. you also would own it in that time.
deano87

18th Jun 15 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fiesta Zetec S 1.0 125ps models can be had for about £130 Inc VAT at the moment.

And judging by the 1.0 100ps Focus I drove yesterday, that will be a splendid little car.
antnee

21st Jun 15 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For all the h8erz, have you considered that people just want a nice car, that is why they spend a lot of their income on one? I know I would much prefer to drive home after a long day at work in a brand new car not an old shitter where you worry if every little noise could mean a ride home courtesy of the AA.

With current interest rates there is no point doing any savings, but you can borrow/finance stuff cheaply so it makes sense to enjoy the money instead of it devaluing in the bank.
Ben G

21st Jun 15 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No antnee. All people can see is their rose tinted version whereby used cara never break down.

Like i said, these people probably have mortgages. Major facepalms.
antnee

21st Jun 15 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only time a lease doesn't make sense is if the car doesn't depreciate as much as the GFV on normal finance.
DaveyLC

22nd Jun 15 at 07:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antnee
For all the h8erz, have you considered that people just want a nice car, that is why they spend a lot of their income on one? I know I would much prefer to drive home after a long day at work in a brand new car not an old shitter where you worry if every little noise could mean a ride home courtesy of the AA.

With current interest rates there is no point doing any savings, but you can borrow/finance stuff cheaply so it makes sense to enjoy the money instead of it devaluing in the bank.

So a Pre-reg or 6 month to a year old car is an 'old shitter'?

quote:
Originally posted by antnee
The only time a lease doesn't make sense is if the car doesn't depreciate as much as the GFV on normal finance.

Also those talking about depreciation you clearly are living in another dimension to the rest of humanity because you do realise finance companies are NOT charities, they are making massive profits and they are certainly not doing that by leasing cars at a lower than cost price.

By the way you are talking about having new stuff Antnee I bet you are one of those sorts who has 2 or 3 phone contracts
Ian W

22nd Jun 15 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I genuinely don't know anyone with 2 or 3 phone contracts? Is that really a thing?

I know plenty of people who spend an insane amount of money every year to have a new phone which I think is mental but then I doubt they think me pampering an old Corsa makes much sense either
antnee

22nd Jun 15 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't have a single phone contract
antnee

22nd Jun 15 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
So a Pre-reg or 6 month to a year old car is an 'old shitter'?

No, people are comparing running a brand new car (ie on lease) to running a 15 year old cheapy motor

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
Also those talking about depreciation you clearly are living in another dimension to the rest of humanity because you do realise finance companies are NOT charities, they are making massive profits and they are certainly not doing that by leasing cars at a lower than cost price.

Some lease deals do end up costing less than the depreciation, the lease company will probably still make money as they will get the cars much cheaper than Joe Public does.

This deal http://www.gateway2lease.com/z_renault_meganecoupe_1.6vvtdynamiquetomtom3dr_15669_leasing.php#.VYiDFflViko works out at £10613, cost of car from Renault is £18250 and there is an example on Autotrader at 3 years old for £7500 which is £137 worse off if you bought it.
SVM 286

22nd Jun 15 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:

When I go looking for something that can tow and end up wanting a Chevrolet Spark.

SVM 286

22nd Jun 15 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
http://www.nationalvehiclesolutions.co.uk/Audi-A4-Saloon-1.8-170ps-Blk-Ed-Nav-Business-Lease/30221

46mpg is pretty good going for a petrol car of that sort of size too.
Jambo

23rd Jun 15 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

46mpg is pretty good going for a petrol car of that sort of size too.

All new cars are this efficient pretty much Jim.

Spend less on Petrol/Ins/Tax, spend more on the car
3CorsaMeal

23rd Jun 15 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spend less on the car, spend more at demon tweeks

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 208 Gti Cheap Lease Deals 22 database queries in 0.1386290 seconds