corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 208 Gti Cheap Lease Deals

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 208 Gti Cheap Lease Deals
Ben G

User status: Offline
24th Jun 15 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
10pa is still probably about half of what most people do realistically a year these days

No way.
deano87

24th Jun 15 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon I do max 10k pa.

Commute to work is about 8.6k. Some weekends my car doesn't move from Friday to Monday.
Steve
Premium Member

24th Jun 15 at 19:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
10pa is still probably about half of what most people do realistically a year these days

No way.

The average annual mileage quoted by valuation websites is 12k
Steve
Premium Member

24th Jun 15 at 19:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87

Commute to work is about 8.6k. Some weekends my car doesn't move from Friday to Monday.

So why do you need a high performance brand new car to drive to work and back
Nic Barnes

24th Jun 15 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do about 4k work and back
Ben G

24th Jun 15 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:

No way.

The average annual mileage quoted by valuation websites is 12k

Which is clearly not double 10k, you imbecile.
Steve
Premium Member

24th Jun 15 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed but I reckon thats well conservative

Either way its well over 5k taking it into the more expensive than buying new region anyway

[Edited on 24-06-2015 by Steve]
Jambo

24th Jun 15 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

This deal is suitable for people who do low mileage per year, the average mileage of the average person (12k btw) is irrelevant to anything?

Jambo

24th Jun 15 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Why do you need a Landrover covered in vynl to go to the shops m8?
Steve
Premium Member

24th Jun 15 at 20:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
quote:

This deal is suitable for people who do low mileage per year, the average mileage of the average person (12k btw) is irrelevant to anything?

It most certainly is suitable for low milers, that isn't what is being highlighted though when people are arguing leasing is cheaper than buying.

I'd also question why anyone would want a lovely new car and not be able to drive it hardly anywhere, I'd hate that,
Steve
Premium Member

24th Jun 15 at 20:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Difference is I'm not paying 200quid a month for the privellage of it sitting on my driveway
NovaGTE2

24th Jun 15 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Difference is I'm not paying 200quid a month for the privellage of it sitting on my driveway

Isnt it your parents drive
Steve
Premium Member

24th Jun 15 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't own the driveway correct, much like you don't own your car.
NovaGTE2

24th Jun 15 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But I do

Only thinking of leasing a new one to release the capital and buy another house which seems better than a car depreciating and costing money in repairs etc. I think I only prob do between 5-8K per year now so does work out quite cheap for me when road tax and warranty on my BMW cost £115 per month!
Dom

24th Jun 15 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Indeed but I reckon thats well conservative.

I doubt it is "well conservative" but it is probably more 14/15k pa.

Either way, that corsa deal doesn't seem too bad, even if you use excess mileage, when compared to depreciation on buying one.
deano87

25th Jun 15 at 05:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Don't need a high performance brand new car. May want one though, and that's the difference.

Plus, you may have ~£150 spare every month. That'll take you a long time to save up enough to buy any car outright. And if you do the sums, £150 per month on a brand new car, whether you own it at the end of the term or not, may make more financial sense than a used car which could cost you £1k for a new engine the next month.
spencer88

25th Jun 15 at 06:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly Deano!

I don't need to shop at River Island for jeans, but I prefer them over Primark ones.

It is simply what people can afford and want.
DaveyLC

25th Jun 15 at 07:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Don't need a high performance brand new car. May want one though, and that's the difference.

Plus, you may have ~£150 spare every month. That'll take you a long time to save up enough to buy any car outright. And if you do the sums, £150 per month on a brand new car, whether you own it at the end of the term or not, may make more financial sense than a used car which could cost you £1k for a new engine the next month.

If you've only got £150/month in spare cash you shouldn't be buying a new car full-stop..

Again peoples priorities are fucked up.. Many people think you're doing well if by the end of the month you're still just about scraping it into the black on the bank balance, honestly that is no way to live your life! Any little problem or change in circumstances and you're totally fucked.

[Edited on 25-06-2015 by DaveyLC]
DaveyLC

25th Jun 15 at 07:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

^^THIS

These low allowance PCP deals are just a convenient way of these companies making money because they know either one of the following will happen:

1) You'll hardly ever use the car, it will remain immaculate and it will be serviced correctly so they will get top money for it when it comes back (PCP company wins).
2) You'll go over the allowance and then they'll charge you for every mile you do, which in most cases this is a staggered charge the more you go over the allowance. (PCP company wins).
3) You'll fuck the car up or not follow the maintenance schedule, so the receive a massive charge to more than cover the depreciation loses incurred. But don't worry they can setup a convenient payment plan to cover this and of-course they are more than happy to roll this up in the finance deal on your next car. (Again the PCP company wins).

[Edited on 25-06-2015 by DaveyLC]
Jambo

25th Jun 15 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What if people need a car Davey, only have £150 p/m spare with no capital and want to lease a controlled cost vehicle that will provide reliable and warranted car for a commute to work to earn money at their job?

Steve
Premium Member

25th Jun 15 at 08:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they need a car that badly they will almost certainly be doing more than 5k per annum.

If they genuinely are only doing that sort of mileage then a reliable second hand car can be purchased for miles less than that. Again dont see the need or attraction of a shiny new nice car that will only get driven 400 miles a month

Surely it would drive you mental sat looking at thinking, I really wanna go for a drive, but shit I cant I'v already done 410 miles this month

[Edited on 25-06-2015 by Steve]
Jambo

25th Jun 15 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok so second hand car, will require finance as stated they don't have the capital to buy a car out right, so instantly lose £500-1k in interest. They will then have to pay annual MOT, higher tax, higher fuel costs, no breakdown included, more expensive insurance etc...

Its not all so black and white, and you mileage comment is irrelevant. A person would need to travel as far as they need to travel. I do 6k p/y as I live close to work.
Steve
Premium Member

25th Jun 15 at 09:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright then go ahead and get one, enjoy driving it to work and back in the traffic and no other times
Ben G

25th Jun 15 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why does it bother you so much, Steve?
Dom

25th Jun 15 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:

^^THIS

You can't compare old to new, so i'm not sure why a select few keep bringing it up

quote:
PCP company wins

Why are you talking about PCP when leasing is typically PCH?

quote:
2) You'll go over the allowance and then they'll charge you for every mile you do...

You get charged an excess which is usually a fixed price per mile. As i've mentioned, sometimes the excess can work in your favor depending on your lease deal.

quote:
Again peoples priorities are fucked up..

You keep dragging the thread off topic by debating whether or not people can afford to lease (or rather finance but i'm not sure WTF that's got to do with car lease deals). As to the definition you posted, if you can lease a car without "incurring financial difficulties" then you can afford it - it's that simple

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 208 Gti Cheap Lease Deals 22 database queries in 0.2122250 seconds