corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 208 Gti Cheap Lease Deals

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 208 Gti Cheap Lease Deals
Ben G

User status: Offline
10th Jun 15 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, nic try telling the poor cunts that who got £1 for their northern shit houses.
spencer88

10th Jun 15 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So many factors that affect housing prices, you cannot say that they simply go up and down in value together.

For instance, derived demand.
If a new university is built in a location, the demand will be for more student type accommodation/ 1 bed lets etc, so the value of these will go up. However, the need for 4 bed homes may not be as substantial anymore, lowering the value of these, due to lower demand compared to supply.

Graham88

11th Jun 15 at 00:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
I personally think leasing is kind of pointless. Same as renting a house.

However. That being said I'm concidering one of our lease deals in work

Brand new clio rs cup spec, £125 a month for 9 months. No deposit. No final payment. After 9 months. Get a new one.
Concidering getting one for me and the Mrs to use when she passes her test and keep the mini for abit more weekend use.

Unless there is anything in the small print, if I got offered that I would take that deal tomorrow and sell both mine and the Mrs cars. No point running old shitters for that amount per month. In fact anything under £200 is worth it. Guy at work pays £350 a month for a Mazda 2 & Mazda 5, not my cup of tea of cars but for that money a month you can't knock it
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

11th Jun 15 at 16:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
quote:

Brand new clio rs cup spec, £125 a month for 9 months. No deposit. No final payment. After 9 months. Get a new one.
Concidering getting one for me and the Mrs to use when she passes her test and keep the mini for abit more weekend use.

Perfect example of when it works, if you bought that cash now you would easily lose a good few grand in 12 months if you came to sell.

I am assuming in 9 months you can't just walk away though?

Yer after 9 months the car goes back and I don't have to get a new one. No final payments. Unless I go over 12000 miles. In which case it's 6.5p per mile?
quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
Perfect example of when it works, if you bought that cash now you would easily lose a good few grand in 12 months if you came to sell.

I am assuming in 9 months you can't just walk away though?

I assume he works in a dealership and You'll probably find its a pre-reg scheme to keep the numbers up.

You would assume correctly about the dealership but not about the pre reg scheme.
quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
quote:

Lol id wager the clio is far far better than the mini

Mini would spank the clio to be fair.
Standard form the clio would be a lot better but after the work I've done to the mini. It wouldn't be.
quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
quote:

Unless there is anything in the small print, if I got offered that I would take that deal tomorrow and sell both mine and the Mrs cars. No point running old shitters for that amount per month. In fact anything under £200 is worth it. Guy at work pays £350 a month for a Mazda 2 & Mazda 5, not my cup of tea of cars but for that money a month you can't knock it

Nope. Nothing on the small print buddy. It is what it is.
9 months
No deposit
No final payments
£125 a month

I'm concidering it. Only thing that would reck my brain is I can't modify it. Would love to chuck an exhaust and few other bits on one. Have a proper play around but we can't.
BeetleGav

11th Jun 15 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Modify it. Then de-mod it!
Steve
Premium Member

11th Jun 15 at 18:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u lot r twats
ed

11th Jun 15 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't spend your money of anything, it's better off sitting in the bank slowly reducing in value.
taylorboosh

11th Jun 15 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My clio 200 was fat better than my pals modded cooper s - fantastic little cars are the clios

Compounded by the fact myself and jambo have love for them even after owning m3s ect
Graham88

12th Jun 15 at 01:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Nope. Nothing on the small print buddy. It is what it is.
9 months
No deposit
No final payments
£125 a month

I'm concidering it. Only thing that would reck my brain is I can't modify it. Would love to chuck an exhaust and few other bits on one. Have a proper play around but we can't.

That wouldn't stop me. Like someone said if you really want to stick an exhaust on then do it and take it off before you give it back! Is this deal exclusive for you, trade?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

12th Jun 15 at 04:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll take a clio at that price please
Kippers

12th Jun 15 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Assume that clio deal is like a special staff deal?
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

12th Jun 15 at 22:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is indeed. Employe lease schemes.
Can also get a brand new twingo for £43 a month
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Jun 15 at 23:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
It's not garaunteed reliable motoring though. Granted it won't cost you anything if it breaks, but that's not to say it won't leave you stranded.

Less likely to do so though I would think. Its not the cost as such, its the fact that I need to trust the car.
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Jun 15 at 23:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Not sure I understand the attraction behind leasing.

Why spend £250 a month leasing when you could spend £250 a month on finance and own the car at the end of it all.

Then even if you sold the car at the end of the term and started again, at least youd have 10k or whatever in your back pocket

Because people are so strapped up already they haven't got the deposit available for the finance

That's not true though is it? Lease deals will require a deposit comparable or sometimes more than finance. Can't remember ever having put down anywhere near a grand whenever I've financed but there are plenty of 3+23, 6+23 deals about which take you close or over that figure.

And re Steve's point, the difference is that £250 pm on finance gets you <£9k over 36 whereas a lease of that cost and length would only be the dep. of £9k on a car which costs more.

Not sure if I posted on here but there was a Touareg deal I saw a while back, comparable in figures to what my Astra cost in 2003 but that was an £18k car and the VW is £44k. And don't talk about residuals with HP, I took £5k for the Astra five years later. So that's £3k pa up my arse whatever you write on the paperwork.

But that's mostly because it was a new Vauxhall. Not because of how "strapped up" I was.

Obviously these days I'd buy salvage and bodge that up but that's not quite the rose garden it first appears, particularly when it comes to trying to realise equity and no one wants to touch it.

Probably mug deals in every approach so that's what you'd be avoiding. Not the whole concept.
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Jun 15 at 23:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Personally find it really hard to understand why anyone would want a brand new car

what do you really gain other than an object that will be worth significantly less the moment your name hits the V5C..

With the exception of Holidays my mantra is any significant purchase you make is only worth-while if the object you have purchased could be sold the next day for close to what you paid for it

They don't break being a big one.

Plus they're nice and other intangible things you're completely overlooking.

I totally agree its a mugs game, I've been there and I'll probably not do it again but you surely must see the benefits even if you choose not to personally indulge.
3CorsaMeal

13th Jun 15 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The shocking thing for me is that people think a Peugeot is alright.
Colin

13th Jun 15 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got 2 cars currently on lease, if you want zero hassle and to be in a new car every couple of years it's deffo the way to go.

Use and return, fixed cost and no hassle at either end you just order online wait for the delivery then they send someone to pick it up afterwards. No financial tie in's as either a cash buyer or on paper El pcp. With the deals seen on the table just now I cannot see around them.

If you want to feel a sense of ownership, spec up to the hilt or modify then it's not going to be for you.

I've bought outright and financed cars before, but now I prefer to know the amount it's going to cost upfront. Let the manufacture take the gamble on the residual value.
Colin

13th Jun 15 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a Ford Smax titanium and a VW Golf R. The fords fully maintained tyres etc I'm just over 5k a year for them both. Someone please show me a way to do that cheaper that wouldn't involve a balaclava and a shotgun!
Colin

13th Jun 15 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That 208 gti deal sounds incredible for under a hundred a month. Crazy deal for the spec & power!
Ben G

13th Jun 15 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How you finding the R, Colin? It seems to be the complete package, albeit void of any decent steering feel (same as my Z4, electric power steering is crap).
Colin

13th Jun 15 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brilliant car! Comparable to the focus RS but much less of an arseholes in your face car. It's a better all round package and actually puts its power down well in all conditions and can return good economy as well. Steering isn't bad at all I thought, obviously less feel than something with hydraulic or nae pas but It's spot on at the back roads I like to take my thrash on and does better on it than some more expensive cars.

[Edited on 13-06-2015 by Colin]
Ben G

13th Jun 15 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Comparable to the mk2 focus RS is a rather amazing statement sounds like a nice practical proposition, if only I jumped on the cheap lease deal
Colin

13th Jun 15 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Compatible in class but I think it's better than the mk2 focus in every way.
MikeF86

13th Jun 15 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Colin, just proves what I was saying earlier to Davey about saying leasing is for mugs. For some it works, others it doesn't.

And you having two, blimey, Davey will be going mad in his pikey summerhouse reading this!!
Wrighty_1988

14th Jun 15 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find i have to concentrate to get a nice smooth 1-2 and 2-3 gear change in my R when being ecomonical, change at higher revs and its smoother. Not major but slightly annoying. The corsa vxr was the same though.

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 208 Gti Cheap Lease Deals 22 database queries in 0.0160122 seconds