corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 208 Gti Cheap Lease Deals

New Poll
  <<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 208 Gti Cheap Lease Deals
Liam

User status: Offline
27th Jun 15 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
What the fuck are you clowns talking about.

You don't get this type of bullshit when you rent a car for a week.

Can't remember being financially oppressed last time I hired a van to go to a car show.

Its only maths. I do think there is some anger in that you can be sensible and save up and work hard but people still have nicer stuff. That's got to hurt a bit.

Personally I couldn't GAF what its called, I'd be making a considered decision from all the options, as would any sensible person.

If I'm financially oppressed because I choose to get a brand new car for work that's going to be reliable, then spend the money that isn't tied up in a paid-for car to put in to a business and earn more money, then I guess I'm financially oppressed.

Or I might carry on driving a car which is old and shit and keeps breaking, but at least I can hold the moral highground.

Did you ever hear anything so ridiculous.

no one is suggesting everyone should drive old shitters..

Like I keep saying the definition of AFFORD seems to have shifted in recent years..

People lease cars out of convenience you don't lease a car to save money..

I have managed to save money by leasing...

M135i - £252.48 x 23 months, £1600 deposit, 10k PA on my lease.

To buy the equivalent car brand new, my local BMW dealer wanted £8000 deposit, £330 x 47 months, 8k PA

I can afford both options, but I didn't see the point in buying one, when in two years time I'd of wanted something else anyway?
sc0ott

27th Jun 15 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But really you're not 'saving' money. You're paying that much just to rent the car for 2 years and at the end have nothing to show for it other than probably a few pictures of a car you rented.

Ben G

27th Jun 15 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve, has your old Queen been down to the Vauxhall garage yet?
Steve
Premium Member

27th Jun 15 at 13:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Load of shite.

Went to vauxhall, no movement on the prices so 210 for 15k,Peugeot 208 gti nowhere close, ford fiesta St 265+vat,so it's not really that cheap is it if you are wanting to do 10-15k a year, may still do the corsa deal as it's loads better than ford or Peugeot, but a wait til September, really not encouraging me that much
Ben G

27th Jun 15 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£265 + VAT the ST3 we have is £235 on 9k pa and thats on pcp. Leasing would be cheaper I bet.
Steve
Premium Member

27th Jun 15 at 14:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also turns out now that vxr deal might not even include maintenance
Andrew

27th Jun 15 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
5k a year though? I could do that in a busy 2/3 months. I'm still averaging at 15k a year.

I'll do 20k this year minimum, anything leased will just cost to much money.
I've done the Focus on Ford Finance. Not because i couldn't buy outright but becasue it worked out cheaper in camparison when looking at depreciation and running costs. After 3 years i give it back with 100k on the clock and it's cost me £180 a month which includes service and MOTs. I also have an unlimited mileage warranty.

It's hassel free motoring and works out ok for me at the moment.
Steve
Premium Member

27th Jun 15 at 15:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hassle free my arse, today has been nothing but hassle, still have to pay for it to be serviced, pay for worn tyres, no car til mid sept etc etc etc

Its all bullshit

Best iv got is that corsa vxr on 15k p/a for £199 a month with a service thrown in for free. Fuck me what a ballache to get that though.

Having a think whether to go for it or not
Nic Barnes

27th Jun 15 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What does your mum say?
Jambo

27th Jun 15 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't bother with dealers Steve. Brokers will do better
antnee

27th Jun 15 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most lease deals are about 6p per mile for going over the deal amount. so if you do 15k and the contract is 6k, it is only an extra £45 a month.
3CorsaMeal

27th Jun 15 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you can fix a car yourself then it makes no sense at all imo. Things don't really cost thousands of pounds and is quite rare for something massive to go wrong with a car from the last 20yrs or so. Its really just general maintenance. People are just lazy or too busy because they are lame at working.
Colin

27th Jun 15 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Golf R

£189 a month 6+23.

2700 quid a year. Tax included.

Car was a bit late (no real inconvenience) so I've got servicing thrown in.

That's why I lease

Think the worst but is going to be handing this car back....its fecking awesome!!

Ben G

27th Jun 15 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve:

http://www.employeevoucher.co.uk/

Everyone knows someone who can get a voucher. Yes it's slow, but I drove 2 different ones to Scotland and back with no problems, was perfectly fine.

£25 a week for a brand new car
CORSA NUT

27th Jun 15 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus who's that from Col? What was the deposit?
Colin

27th Jun 15 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deposit was just over 1100. Was with a company called lease cars. Deals long gone now. That was last September I ordered and the car ended up being a few months late & was delivered in May. Was supposed to get it March but a huge backlog at the German port delayed it 2 months.

[Edited on 27-06-2015 by Colin]
Colin

27th Jun 15 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ojc

27th Jun 15 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

189 a month for that madness
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Jun 15 at 03:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
If you can fix a car yourself then it makes no sense at all imo. Things don't really cost thousands of pounds and is quite rare for something massive to go wrong with a car from the last 20yrs or so. Its really just general maintenance. People are just lazy or too busy because they are lame at working.

Source?

I'll use mine as examples - this is over about 12 mo

Freelander

- Clutch and DMF - 200ish in bits and prick of a job, 400ish at an indy. Not actually done it yet because its wobbling so I suspect its going to get expensive when I get it in bits. Could also be other things, but the clutch is slipping. Prop bearings, VCU, who knows. Not grands but also a pain in the tits and in bits for weeks while I try not to buy things it doesn't need and find good prices for things it does.
- Fuel pump the other week + recovery + inconvenience.
- Intercooler pipe - again not expensive but bugged up the day because although its a roadside bodge it did make me late.

Discovery

- Prop UJ, not expensive but needs a press, which means it needs to be taken off in one workshop and driven to another one
- Wheel bearing - took the ABS tone ring with it so ABS/TC/HDC lights on which needs diag reset. I have the tool to do it which cost 250. Hub was 50. Brake pipe burst after I'd been moving stuff around in the arch so that needed a new pipe making and the brakes bleeding.
- Aux belt idler, twice. First one was just a breakdown and some faffing around Liverpool. Second was recovery off the M5, burst pipes and suspected overheat which meant it was off limits for long journeys while I regained some confidence in it.
- Got a clunk from the rear end, probably bushes, probably a prick. 100 quid for the poly kit which I may or may not need all of. Could spend less and not fix it, who knows.

None grands, but not far off if you were chucking it in somewhere. A lot of which would be wasted because half the problem with half those faults is that its not immediately clear what is going on.

That's all on top of general maintenance.

I can do it all no problem. But most is short notice, urgent and unexpected. Hence why although I don't really want to lose grands running something newer, I can see why it might make sense.
Colin

28th Jun 15 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
189 a month for that madness

Exactly...I'm under no disillusion it's going to depreciate more than it will cost me, it's not like they are rare or hugely sought after.

Last new car I bought the conventional way was a pre-registered 3series saloon & it done me for 13k depreciation in the 29months we had it. Plus whatever the finance cost. Never again while there are deals like these.
antnee

28th Jun 15 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Have you looked at many cars built in the last 20 years? There are big things that go wrong with all cars and modern cars are shit for working on because everything is packaged so tightly. I am handy with a set of spanners, having built race cars, maintained mine and my family's cars, got a degree in motorsport engineering, etc, but can I be arsed to spend my weekends crawling around under cars? No. I used to enjoy doing it, but now I would much prefer to drop it of somewhere and collect later on and the dirtiest part of the job is touching the chip&pin machine when I am paying.
Liam

28th Jun 15 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
But really you're not 'saving' money. You're paying that much just to rent the car for 2 years and at the end have nothing to show for it other than probably a few pictures of a car you rented.

The negative equity I'd of been in after 2 years, plus the depreciation and cost of tax etc would of been much more than the overall cost of this, so as you say it's not saving money as such, but it's going to be a hell of a lot cheaper than if I'd of gone down the pcp route.
ShEp

28th Jun 15 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

You're full of sh!t, just because you have a 100 year old VW and an audi that your parents gave you.

A3 2.0tdi I had, the head cracked, the turbo seals went,

Both expensive & time consuming jobs, not ideal for someone to be fixing that at home if they need the car., Most people like to drive cars, as they need them, not to sit and look at them in bits.
ShEp

28th Jun 15 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair old deal on a wee city car here
http://www.centralukvehicleleasing.co.uk/vehicle/choose_your_lease/64220/citroen/c1/10_vti_feel_5dr.html
Ojc

28th Jun 15 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi lads

<<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 208 Gti Cheap Lease Deals 22 database queries in 0.0217822 seconds