corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW 530d m-sport lci Matt grey Arab wagon

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BMW 530d m-sport lci Matt grey Arab wagon
--ToM--

User status: Offline
27th Feb 15 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Let's be friends so you can continue to enjoy my thread and we can enjoy each other's online company?
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Feb 15 at 22:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Nothing was done about you, so expect the same.

Don't be a fucking nob, I'll act on things when they're reported but if its juvenile shit that belongs in a playground you need to grow up.

Nothing was done about you indeed. Fuck off.

He started it waa waa. Sound like my fucking nephew who is still in short pants.
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Feb 15 at 22:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry for spamming the thread btw ban
Generation

28th Feb 15 at 01:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't say you should act on anything :/ I said nothif was done, not "something should have been done" I didn't report it as I didn't expect anythingo be done either.

I was simply doing what was being done to threads I was making. Since I've done that, Tom has indicated it will stop. No need for you to get involved really in that case as it's over.
Not sure who you're quoting with "he started it" as only person I've addressed about it is Tom.

[Edited on 28-02-2015 by Generation]
taylorboosh

28th Feb 15 at 07:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a fucking cry baby
random dav
Premium Member

28th Feb 15 at 07:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rather you than me!

What sort of time does it quote for the job?

WRLFC !

Project cars
--ToM--

28th Feb 15 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awwwww cmon lets stop ruining my thread now I'll even say please

I haven't looked at the actual time it quotes to do the job auto data wise but there's s bloke who does the job for people on the vxr forum who says expect the strip Down to get to the chains to take around 8 hours, iv probably spent about that on it so far if I add it up as iv been off and on it, probably would of saved a hour if I rememebered to bring my impact gun home from work and didn't have to struggle with the crank bolt

I'm assuming putting back together will take longer as I need to clean all the surfaces etc and re silicone bits not just pull it all off lol
CORSA NUT

28th Feb 15 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks very daunting that man I'm putting off doing my cambelt and that comparison is child's play!
Corsa_Sport21

28th Feb 15 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've done the chain on a 2.2 which was pretty easy, but the job above looks a bit more complex. Fair play for getting stuck in.

Are you following a step by step guide or just winging it?
Generation

28th Feb 15 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said, rather you than me! Probabky made lot harder as doing bits here and there so
It's easier to forget what's what.
taylorboosh

28th Feb 15 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
I've done the chain on a 2.2 which was pretty easy, but the job above looks a bit more complex. Fair play for getting stuck in.

Are you following a step by step guide or just winging it?

He spends his days rebuilding supercar engines - sure it be fine
--ToM--

28th Feb 15 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically it's major amounts of strip down to get the them once your in there it's not bad to actually do the chains but the tolerances are tiny so cant be "close enough" to the marks it all has to be Bob on, I missed the timing mark before because you have to put cylinder one at tdc fit the front bank secondary chain then the primary then rotate the crank to the next mark to fit the rear bank secondary chain but it jumped past the mark so I had to strip the whole lot off and start again! Better be safe than sorry! It's all timed up now and I'm starting to build it all back up I'll upload some piks later on.

As sllready said its one of those jobs that's just very time consuming so I chose to do it at home as in still with the missus and the baby rather than do it in work, but major lack of sleep and constantly being in and out the house to look after the baby is making the job harder lol
--ToM--

28th Feb 15 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As for winging it, in certain parts yes lol, for the setting of the timing I followed auto data, and for the info auto data doesn't give you and you can only gain from experiencing the job before hand iv spoken to a lad who's done literally hundreds of them gave me some useful tips
--ToM--

28th Feb 15 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right then today's progress in between feeds and nappy changes

New oil pump

New oil pump fitted

New crank sprocket

One of the 3 new tensioners

New idler sprockets

New secondary chains

New primary chain

Stage 1 timed up new guides tensioners sprockets etc

Then on goes the primary chain guide and tensioner

Then carefully turn the engine into stage 2 to time up the rear head I missed the mark first time and had to strip it all off and start again lol

All timed up

Turned it all over by hand cleaned off all the old silicone and gaskets etc ready to reassemble fitted a new front crank seal too

Also my car had no symptoms of chain stretch but upon removal they had stretched about 2mm when they get to 3mm you'll start getting limp mode and codes so I'm glad I did them!! Here's the new vs old

Timing cover is all back on now pas pump water pump crank pulley all the aux belt on and tensioned up cam sensors in and engine mounting back on carry on tommorow! How it stands

djgritt
Premium Member

28th Feb 15 at 22:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good work chap.

Big job!

--ToM--

1st Mar 15 at 06:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks mate!

Carry on today
--ToM--

1st Mar 15 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All done and driving spot on!

Also fitted 6 new coilpacks 6 new iridium plugs oil and filter air filter antifreeze and pas fluid

Never want to do that job again
djgritt
Premium Member

1st Mar 15 at 21:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will last years now. Nice one!
taylorboosh

1st Mar 15 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CORSA NUT

1st Mar 15 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one mate
--ToM--

2nd Mar 15 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers lads! Can spend some money on visuals now lol tempted to sell it though it should do good money if I advertise the chains have been done and its on 48k lol
Jambo

2nd Mar 15 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting comparison shot! Just in time.

Thanks for sharing
--ToM--

2nd Mar 15 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah that chain was the front bank which don't suffer as bad the primary chain had about the same and the rear secondary had slightly more that's the main one that suffers.

People say after having them down the car feels like s different car but there the ones that have thrown up codes and the timings moved mine feels the same as it did before throttle response slightly better but power wise the same, nice to know for piece of mind that it's all good now though
--ToM--

2nd Mar 15 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also while it was in the garage the fairys came and took my silver wheels off and put a black set on to make it even faster

Needs a wash but quick snap I just took of it, took it for another run before since chains and big service been done driving really nice and smooth happy bunny, next job is refurb wheels new tyres and lower it.

random dav
Premium Member

2nd Mar 15 at 12:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Top work, intresting to see the difference in the chains.

WRLFC !

Project cars

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW 530d m-sport lci Matt grey Arab wagon 24 database queries in 0.1997700 seconds