corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW 530d m-sport lci Matt grey Arab wagon

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BMW 530d m-sport lci Matt grey Arab wagon
Jimbothebarbarian

User status: Offline
9th Mar 15 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just ran mine on ebays finest replicas in the end. Never had any problems on them!
--ToM--

9th Mar 15 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a fan of the snowflakes don't know why lol, iv trawled ebay and if I go aftermarket the only wheels I can see that I like are the bbs like djgritt has got in either bright silver or black I do really like them, a guy on vxr online has 18" silver pro race 1.2 on his dropped on coil overs and I think it looks a bit gash :/

I do like some of the concave xxr wheels but there a bit sCeNe and I don't want to go that route with huge wheels and loads of stretch
djgritt
Premium Member

9th Mar 15 at 20:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

18s do look small on these. IMO.

I've not had any issues atall with my BBS CH(inese) wheels either.

I saw these the other week - quite like them -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/19-GUN-METAL-OEMS-110-ALLOY-WHEELS-FITS-OPEL-VECTRA-C-02-/400571852742?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5d43f167c6

Also like these Audi RS styled ones -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/19-GMF-NEW-RS6-STYLE-ALLOY-WHEELS-FITS-OPEL-ZAFIRA-05-/271564607833?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f3a831159

I found some real BBS wheels I quite like - if I ever decide to spend more substantial money on the thing - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/19-Zoll-BBS-SR-8-5Jx19-5x112-et46-Himalaya-grau-matt-BBS-SR028-Skoda-VW-Audi-/261489821010?pt=Auto_Felgen&hash=item3ce2020552

I almost bought a set of these last year, but the Refurb was cheaper - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALFA-ROMEO-19-Ti-ALLOY-WHEEL-156082570-BRERA-SPIDER-159-GIULIETTA-set-of-4-/190603248382?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c60d6c2fe

I would have loved a set of these - they a silly money again though -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALFA-ROMEO-BRERA-SPIDER-PRODRIVE-GENUINE-19-INCH-ALLOY-WHEEL-SET-x4-46003037-/191280391479?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c89332537
Corsa_Sport21

9th Mar 15 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbothebarbarian
I just ran mine on ebays finest replicas in the end. Never had any problems on them!

I had a set of the 19" vxr reps and they were all straight never been welded. Sold them to my cousin and he got them refurbed and new tyres put on by probably Scotland's biggest alloy wheel supplier and they said they rarely see the reps crack and the 19" versions are pretty much an identical copy apart from the centre cap and the Ronal stamp.
--ToM--

9th Mar 15 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I actually don't like any of the wheels posted above!

But if your fancying a change I'll buy your wheels off you lol??
Of all the wheels iv seen its the bbs ch I would replace standards with, but as you have a set and a lad locally does on his I don't wanna be a sheep and follow suit I want to do something different but not all scene, my all time favourite wheels are rota gtrs but as said above it might look a bit scene and I don't wanna have to wear s snap back whilst driving my car
Corsa_Sport21

9th Mar 15 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you got Rota GTR's you would most defiantly need to fit a tow strap and 1 bucket seat.
--ToM--

9th Mar 15 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lmao just priced them up out of interest, am I shite paying that for a set of wheels,
Corsa_Sport21

9th Mar 15 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not fancy anything from the Bola range? Seem popular just now.
Jimbothebarbarian

9th Mar 15 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbothebarbarian

I had a set of the 19" vxr reps and they were all straight never been welded. Sold them to my cousin and he got them refurbed and new tyres put on by probably Scotland's biggest alloy wheel supplier and they said they rarely see the reps crack and the 19" versions are pretty much an identical copy apart from the centre cap and the Ronal stamp.

I quite literally put wheels on more often than tyres. It was a novel feeling when I put a new set of rubber on my pingpong copies. I hit quite a few potholes but unlike vauxhalls finest, they didn't drop to bits..
--ToM--

10th Mar 15 at 07:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Yeah iv seen those concave rota grid type wheels they do but they only do 18" I want 19"
--ToM--

10th Mar 15 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Welded up just needs a lick of paint and a new tyre and it'll be my spare the silver one will go black for now to match the others

IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

10th Mar 15 at 11:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is welding up a cracked wheel similar to repairing cracked plaster?

drill a hole into the crack then weld?
djgritt
Premium Member

10th Mar 15 at 12:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
quote:

Yeah iv seen those concave rota grid type wheels they do but they only do 18" I want 19"

What about these ones?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/19-Vauxhall-VECTRA-VXR-06-09-BOLA-B3-4-GUNMETAL-Alloy-Wheels-only-5x110-ET20-/231308416223?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item35db0e54df
--ToM--

10th Mar 15 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
is welding up a cracked wheel similar to repairing cracked plaster?

drill a hole into the crack then weld?

Different people will probably have different ways of doing it, I buzzed off the whole area to check the crack hadn't gone any further that what was visible, ran a thin cutting disc up the crack opening it out a bit and cleaning up the ally inside the crack and making it big enough like a V or wedge shape to get weld inside the crack and not just weld the top of the crack shut so it's air tight wanted to put strength back into it too, so then weld it from both sides till it's filled up then grind back job done.
--ToM--

10th Mar 15 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
quote:
quote:

What about these ones?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/19-Vauxhall-VECTRA-VXR-06-09-BOLA-B3-4-GUNMETAL-Alloy-Wheels-only-5x110-ET20-/231308416223?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item35db0e54df

They look to vag I think
--ToM--

10th Mar 15 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fantastic news went to fit two new rear tyres to find my other rear wheel cracked! Wasn't losing air at the rate the other side was but that's now going to be welded up too, twatbag!
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

10th Mar 15 at 18:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Makes me wonder what mine are like
Corsa_Sport21

10th Mar 15 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Makes me wonder what mine are like

Did it make look up at the sky, put your hand on your chin and think "I wonder what my wheels are like"?
--ToM--

10th Mar 15 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should be ok your on 18s aren't you? Genuine or copies?

Only the 19s that suffer from what iv seen, snowflakes and vxr spoked like mine would be better made out of chocolate literally
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

10th Mar 15 at 19:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

genuine 18's
CORSA NUT

10th Mar 15 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the Insignia VXR rims look good on yours Tom...Can't get a pick but there's some on Google
--ToM--

10th Mar 15 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The black ones with the diamond cut face? There 20s
--ToM--

10th Mar 15 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
genuine 18's

40 profile? Should be sound
CORSA NUT

10th Mar 15 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The black ones with the diamond cut face? There 20s

Yeah?
--ToM--

10th Mar 15 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Genuine are 20 I think but they do them in smaller sizes in copies on eBay I think the diamond cut bit is a bit blingy, really want Matt black bbs ch reps but iv just seen the bbs ch-r and want them more but they don't do em in Vauxhall fitment, also thinking of just keeping mine and refurbing them to tidy them up a bit I love vxr wheels just hate that they crack,

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW 530d m-sport lci Matt grey Arab wagon 23 database queries in 0.2111011 seconds