corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW 530d m-sport lci Matt grey Arab wagon

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BMW 530d m-sport lci Matt grey Arab wagon
djgritt
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th Feb 15 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some Saab 9-3 Aeros and all 9-3 Turbo-X used the 2.8 V6T

--ToM--

15th Feb 15 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With revised chain set ups
CORSA NUT

16th Feb 15 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't realise you were so close to me Tom I'm only around the corner in Belmont Drive

I'll have to do a drive by and see it in the flesh always had a soft spot for these add my mate who's owned nearly every car under the sun inc M3's etc really rated his!

Always thought I'd want an Arden Blue too but the red looks spot on. Noticed you've got access to a workshop? That your work? If you ever need a garage to work in your more than welcome to use mine as I haven't got a decent car anymore so it doesn't get used properly only thing I haven't got is ramps
--ToM--

16th Feb 15 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi mate! I'm on Milner road in guessing the chiropdy shop gave away where I live anyway haha, have to call round some time and I'll take you for a blast in it!

Thanks for the offer mate iv now got an empty garage at home now iv sold my cav and also the workshop is where I work and my step dad has a garage in Birkenhead I have access too as well so no shortage of places to work now lol

Definitely be good to meet you mate!
MikeF86

16th Feb 15 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vauxhall quote £2000 for labour? No chance!!! Other than Chains (which are few and far between) we don't see many problems with these and it's fairly straight forward to retro-fit parts. If you need parts, I'm happy to look at prices on Gen stuff. Likewise if you need working instructions etc.....
--ToM--

16th Feb 15 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apparently so and iv heard this from s few people on various other forums who have gone to them for help and either been declined it or quoted silly money, could just be Internet scaring,
Either way I managed to source gen GM parts from the states in the end, I'll take you up on the offer of instructions though!
MikeF86

16th Feb 15 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah, definite Internet story is that! What do you need?
--ToM--

16th Feb 15 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Auto data on the timing chain replacement job?
--ToM--

16th Feb 15 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well little update ! The reason I bought the Car arrived earlier!

My son was born at 18.27 today and weighed 9lb 7oz the fatty lol

Made up!
Marc

16th Feb 15 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought the badges looked good on the back!
CORSA NUT

16th Feb 15 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
Hi mate! I'm on Milner road in guessing the chiropdy shop gave away where I live anyway haha, have to call round some time and I'll take you for a blast in it!

Thanks for the offer mate iv now got an empty garage at home now iv sold my cav and also the workshop is where I work and my step dad has a garage in Birkenhead I have access too as well so no shortage of places to work now lol

Yeah I recognised the chiropody place sounds like you have got plenty of space! I just don't get to use mine as I can't really afford the luxury of a nice motor now and don't like either of our cars to bother modding them

Where abouts do you work??
MikeF86

16th Feb 15 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Auto data on the timing chain replacement job?

Can get you repair instructions of TIS if you want? What's your email, will see what I can do tomorrow.

Congrats on the news, had a girl 9 weeks ago! Best thing in the world! Bloody difficult mind!
CORSA NUT

16th Feb 15 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Holy shit missed the bit about the baby! congratulations dude

Our girl was 4 today and the wife is 10 weeks gone with the next.

Mike the first 6 months are a piece of piss mate wait till she gets moving
Jed D

16th Feb 15 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what differences have you found from the saab version of this engine and the vec/sig version?
nice looking motor, any power increase plans? i can imagine these z28nets being capable of serious power with a lot thrown at them, just nice to know the weak spots as with every engine
--ToM--

17th Feb 15 at 07:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
quote:

Yeah I recognised the chiropody place sounds like you have got plenty of space! I just don't get to use mine as I can't really afford the luxury of a nice motor now and don't like either of our cars to bother modding them

Work at Cheshire classic cars in Chester mate as a technician! That's why I bought the vxr just before the baby was born as it's my last chance to have something decent before family life takes over lol
--ToM--

17th Feb 15 at 07:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jed D
what differences have you found from the saab version of this engine and the vec/sig version?
nice looking motor, any power increase plans? i can imagine these z28nets being capable of serious power with a lot thrown at them, just nice to know the weak spots as with every engine

Not a lot really primearily the same although Saab did their usual and threw all the gm parts in the bin and used their own I.e chains etc, other than than that their the same, the chains are the only bad point once there done there's no other major issues with them to look out for, major ones anyway , they like to use ignition coils a lot and spark plugs but that's noting really!

Out the box there fast I was shock how well it performs in standard for, a remap wil see over 300bhp and over 400lbf of torque and minimal mods and a map will get it closer to 400 and over 500lbft
Jed D

17th Feb 15 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Not a lot really primearily the same although Saab did their usual and threw all the gm parts in the bin and used their own I.e chains etc, other than than that their the same, the chains are the only bad point once there done there's no other major issues with them to look out for, major ones anyway , they like to use ignition coils a lot and spark plugs but that's noting really!

Out the box there fast I was shock how well it performs in standard for, a remap wil see over 300bhp and over 400lbf of torque and minimal mods and a map will get it closer to 400 and over 500lbft

yeah, iv read they like to do a few of the basic sensors in too...
whats the power differences between the engines in saab and vaux and isnt there a less restricted version in one of the later insignia's or am i just thinking about the speed limit set..?

really nice looking car btw, iv currently got an 07 estate but its just a 120hp diesel for daily use/towing the corsa... had one before and ended up with another... as for vec c's only issues other than dual mass is the rear calipers like to pack up and the lecky window switches are a little temperamental sometimes
djgritt
Premium Member

17th Feb 15 at 09:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

yeah, iv read they like to do a few of the basic sensors in too...
whats the power differences between the engines in saab and vaux and isnt there a less restricted version in one of the later insignia's or am i just thinking about the speed limit set..?

really nice looking car btw, iv currently got an 07 estate but its just a 120hp diesel for daily use/towing the corsa... had one before and ended up with another... as for vec c's only issues other than dual mass is the rear calipers like to pack up and the lecky window switches are a little temperamental sometimes

Saab/GM versions all quote the same power values - there are 3-4 versions ranging from 230-280bhp IIRC.
The Insignia had a speed limiter than was able to be removed with an option when bought. The Insignia 2.8Ts are all a little bit more powerful than the Vectras.

You don't hear much of Sensor issues on these - other than Chains, they seem pretty solid.
Coils/Plugs can be an issue, but it's not exactly a specific issue as it happens to other cars/models - HT systems degrade over time/with use anyway, it's to be expected.
Jed D

17th Feb 15 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with the chain problem, is it not just a case of an oil squirter that blocks up if not maintained/oil change regular enough... similar issue that the z22se's suffer from
djgritt
Premium Member

17th Feb 15 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, it appears to be material failure/fatigue.

Cars with good service history/low miles have suffered as as well as ragged/abused high milers.
There is no pattern to failure - standard and modified examples have both suffered, low and high mileages.
CORSA NUT

17th Feb 15 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
quote:

Work at Cheshire classic cars in Chester mate as a technician! That's why I bought the vxr just before the baby was born as it's my last chance to have something decent before family life takes over lol

Can't believe you work there! I'll PM you
Jed D

17th Feb 15 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A28NEL insignia engine is the quicker one so im being told... 325bhp, different injectors, different ecu...
--ToM--

17th Feb 15 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
No, it appears to be material failure/fatigue.

Cars with good service history/low miles have suffered as as well as ragged/abused high milers.
There is no pattern to failure - standard and modified examples have both suffered, low and high mileages.

And cars with full Vauxhall service history also failing at low milesge so definitely not down to dodgy oil grades or lack of maintenance lol
--ToM--

17th Feb 15 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
A28NEL insignia engine is the quicker one so im being told... 325bhp, different injectors, different ecu...

Yeah but you can chuck insignia injectors in your vxr and map it to more than that too!

And as djgritt will tell you aswell , with these it's not bhp figures that's the fun part it's the torque they pull like trains
Jed D

17th Feb 15 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can imagine

[Edited on 17-02-2015 by Jed D]

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW 530d m-sport lci Matt grey Arab wagon 23 database queries in 0.1974239 seconds