corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone on here have a Shotgun/ firearms license?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone on here have a Shotgun/ firearms license?
Gary
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Nov 14 at 23:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks the spit of a beretta. I'd avoid personally. You'd pick up a fixed choke decent make for under a grand
csweatherston

15th Nov 14 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see what your saying Gary, just keeping all options open.
What models your Beretta?
I'm shooting with someone tomorrow who's going to let me try their "silver pigeon"

In other news I just got raped for a pair if ear plugs.
Got some Napier pro 10's
And some lightweight rounds (21g 7's)
Gary
Premium Member

20th Nov 14 at 10:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Silver pigeon, those napiers arnt bad at all. My moulded sonic valve jobbies were 110 and if you go i ear digital your looking at 500quid.

Whats with the 21gs?
RichR
Premium Member

20th Nov 14 at 22:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me running eley Olympic blues currently but I'll never use them again - not hitting a barn door with them. Same gun, same stand but using fiocci blacks shells and I'm 100%. Can't figure it.

For ear protection, I've got a set of noise cancelling Peltors, cost a fortune but they work incredibly - only problem is if I wear them slightly wrong, my comb hits them and throws me off.
csweatherston

20th Nov 14 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I found 21gs to be a lot more lenient on recoil, helped hitting pairs a lot!
I have only tried 'hull comps and super fasts' though.

Got a call today, my papers have come through... Interview Monday and hopefully my license too.
csweatherston

20th Nov 14 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having tried out a silver pidgeon last Sunday.. I honestly prefer the bettensoli.
That auto safety is horrible.
Although the trigger pull of the beretta is much nicer I found the bettensoli better for me.
And for the price I can't argue.
So as soon as my docs come through I'll be a happy owner if a brand new Bettensoli Diamond De Luxe
Gary
Premium Member

21st Nov 14 at 07:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it had auto safety it was the game model, mines a sporter so Dnt have that issue
Gary
Premium Member

21st Nov 14 at 07:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to have peltors too rich and had the same issue with banging the stock on them. Although i miss them this time of year now it's cold!
Colin

21st Nov 14 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hold a firearms licence solely for ignition of flare stacks.
taylorboosh

22nd Nov 14 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mates just bought this 243

Badass and dhoots these

Says it would take down a deer
Gary
Premium Member

24th Dec 14 at 16:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any news on your licence? Bit slow down your way at the moment arnt they?
Doug

24th Dec 14 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been waiting for the my shotgun certificate to come through for over a month now. Chased them up and was told to expect a 3-4 month wait. Takes the piss considering I am already security cleared!

Main shooting will be sporting clays with a little bit of rough/driven game where possible.

Shot with Silver Pigeons and really like them, but I seem to get better scores with a B525. I can only assume that the slightly heavier barrels/barrel weight bias on the Browning helps control my swing a bit more?

The comb on the B525 fits me well and I tried a Miroku Mk70 but I found the lower comb didn't fit me that well.

Hopefully be able to go shopping soon enough and get a gun of my own :-)

What should I expect regarding interview and getting the official paperwork through? What happens?

I have got the cabinet installed and a keysafe installed so my security is fine. Police force is Gloucestershire btw.
Gary
Premium Member

24th Dec 14 at 18:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interview is nothing. I was really nervous but turned out it was for nothing. Bloke just asked what I was planning on shooting and checked my cab. I also had a letter from a shooting coach saying I w@s able to shoot safely etc.
harrisp

24th Dec 14 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My interview was more of an informal chat, I was nervous though.
RichR
Premium Member

24th Dec 14 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My interview took 10 minutes and he spent most of the time asking why I drove a Jag.

Went this morning, bloody cold morning but did alright, need a better set of chokes for distance shots though - hope I get some tomorrow!
Gary
Premium Member

24th Dec 14 at 22:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mullers? I fancy a set but since I just bought an auto for myself I'll hold back for now
RichR
Premium Member

24th Dec 14 at 22:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the look of the Browing Invector Plus golds.
Gary
Premium Member

24th Dec 14 at 22:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They do look a bit smart. It boggles me how expensive they are though, for what you get.
Gary
Premium Member

24th Dec 14 at 22:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon it's mainly a mind trick. Have you tried patterning a few differnt carts through your Full and see what you get? Maybe a change of cart might be a better option for the Distance stuff?
RichR
Premium Member

24th Dec 14 at 22:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a full and a 3/4 in now but not matched, ones a miroku and the other is a Winchester - use dad's B725 with a 3/4 and 1/2 and there's one target I can hit every time; it's a straight up but 150m away and half size clay - cannot hit it with mine at all. Same cartridges, I don't rate these Eley Olympic Blues though.
Gary
Premium Member

24th Dec 14 at 22:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fiocci blacks or Hull compx for me. Normally hulls.

Those mini clays are a bastard. There's one where I shoot, really fast quartering away thing and I cannot hit it for the life in me!
RichR
Premium Member

24th Dec 14 at 22:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, I rate the Fioccis too
Doug

27th Dec 14 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got lots of bits including a key safe, cleaning kit and certificate wallet.
Just need the certificate now!

Going to book a couple shooting lessons so I can get a letter from the instructor to give to police showing I am safe.

I'm guessing it's going to be the summer before I can get a gun at this rate! Lots of sporting clay competitions around so I want to get practicing!
Gary
Premium Member

27th Dec 14 at 18:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will be able to have a cs shoot meet at this rate!
Doug

28th Dec 14 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't mind that. Could give me a lesson!

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone on here have a Shotgun/ firearms license? 22 database queries in 0.1005180 seconds