corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone on here have a Shotgun/ firearms license?

New Poll
  <<  7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone on here have a Shotgun/ firearms license?
Gary
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th Feb 15 at 17:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate high towers. I reckon I can hit about 1% of them
Doug

28th Feb 15 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The standard driven targets I can cope with. The 120+ft ones I can't hit for toffee. Good job I'm not rich enough to be shooting on high Pheasent estates!
Graeme
Premium Member

28th Feb 15 at 19:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went to a friends farm today. Just got one trap set up on a post we use. Didn't do many but hit most as its a pretty easy set up.

Going to a brand new club tommorow that is £20 a Year membership and 15p a clay!

Only have to join after first time there which is good.
Doug

1st Mar 15 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-POST-MOUNT-CLAY-PIGEON-TRAP-CLAY-TARGET-THROWER-/120744232269?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c1ceac54d

Is that the sort of mount? I was going to get one to use at a friend's farm occasionally. Any good?

15p a clay?!

The cheapest deal around here is £75 per year membership, then your clays drop down from 30 to 20p per clay. So if you shoot 100 sporting each time you need to visit 8 times to be in 'profit'. I'm tempted as it is the closest one to my house but it is only open for a few hours each Sunday. Will be heading down there in a minute actually.
RichR
Premium Member

1st Mar 15 at 08:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has it got different opening times in Summer? Most do.
Doug

1st Mar 15 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sadly not.

Sundays from 10am to 2pm.

In fact, I should probably get moving or I might miss the opening hours
Graeme
Premium Member

1st Mar 15 at 15:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty much like that post one Doug. There ok but can't vary it really.

The 15p a clay place is like a syndicate place. Only open on sat and Sunday mornings and do it in sessions so
25 clays per person.

Went to another place today instead. Did 75. Hit about 30. Was so windy!
Doug

1st Mar 15 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Today was terrible, did 100 at CotswoldCC and only managed to hit 40!

The wind was a joke, some of the clays would just start to fly upwards like a UFO when they entered the kill zone. Very challenging!

I didn't find any noticeable difference between the cheapest hull compx 21gm shells and these Gamebore Evo's.

Will stick to the cheapest ones possible for a while.

If anyone wants to buy any Hull ammo buy the 1k I can beat the Justcartridges prices most times! Let me know.
Graeme
Premium Member

1st Mar 15 at 18:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had so many fly away and up but ended up coming right back towards you.

Or they would be ducking and diving the whole way.

Doug how much can you do 1k and 2k of 21g for?
Doug

1st Mar 15 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hull Comp X 21gm on Justcartridges are:

P: £155.70
F: 163.75

I can do:
P: £148
F: £156

Possibly a little bit cheaper, can confirm when buying.

Could bring them along to any CS meet up we have.

[Edited on 01-03-2015 by Doug]
Doug

2nd Mar 15 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to be two weeks before I can get out shooting again now. Got plans for both Sat/Sun this week
RichR
Premium Member

2nd Mar 15 at 19:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think it must be the weekend of bad shooting-I went on ball trap for the first time in months which I used to love and have a 90+ average on - I gave up counting the hits, can't have been more than 50% at best. Had a go on a brand new XTR high rib with stock extension, not dissimilar to mine but with the high rib; hit all 10 with that - only problem is it's about £3,500+ worth otherwise I'd trade mine in for one.

We supply a guy at work who makes carbon high ribs which attach by magnet to you barrel, might have to get one.
Doug

2nd Mar 15 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone interested in a Barbour Berwick jacket? Medium but wears like a large.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=111610924165

Would rather not sell it on eBay so happy to do a deal. Would accept cartridges or part ex towards a side by side.
Doug

8th Mar 15 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had an interesting weekends shooting.

Spent Saturday in a mates field where we went through 300 clays pretty quickly.

Then today I went back over to Cotswold Clays as its the only place by me thats open on a Sunday.

Managed 50%, not great. I need to improve!

I got a free lesson thrown in with the gun so I need to take that and get myself shooting properly. I want to be hitting 75% within a month or so which seems a distant dream at this point.
Doug

9th Mar 15 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know that we provisionally agreed on 4th April to meet up but I'm going to have to pass as I mistakingly booked to shoot in a registered shoot ha ha

It's not going to go well, but bugger it. Only live once
JordyCarter

15th Mar 15 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the law on de-activated and BB guns these days? For example i assume you cannot just buy the below online?

http://www.gunstar.co.uk/swiss-made-uzi-177-bb-guns-for-sale-in-east-sussex/Air-Guns/748310
Gary
Premium Member

15th Mar 15 at 13:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah you can buy it. Not sure why you'd want to though
Doug

20th Mar 15 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shooting my first registered competition on Sunday at Westfields down by me. Hopefully meet some of the guys on the shootclay forum.

Been shooting 5 weeks and only fired about 500 shells. I'm going to come last but it should be an experience at least!!

Joined the CPSA so can have a lasting memory about how terrible I am.....
Graeme
Premium Member

23rd Mar 15 at 13:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shot another 80 yesterday!

Was very busy so all the stands that were A good variety were taken so got stuck with bloody hard ones and only hit about 35
Doug

23rd Mar 15 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well..... I did shit.
People were telling me the shoot is up there with some of the hardest layouts you can shoot in the UK. People on the shootclay forum even suggested that I didn't bother going as it was a bit much for someone who has been shooting 4 weeks.

I went. I came last.
I had a mental benchmark of 25% to be happy, I managed to get 38% so quite pleased.
I have a lesson with Dan at Prescott Shooting on Saturday morning, then hopefully shoot a registered on Sunday. The weekend after there is a registered at Prescott which I am hoping to shoot, then find something for the Sunday.

Anyone else got plans?

<<  7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone on here have a Shotgun/ firearms license? 22 database queries in 0.0095749 seconds