corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Blue Beast - Arden Blue Corsa B 1.4L Breeze Edition

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Blue Beast - Arden Blue Corsa B 1.4L Breeze Edition
RoweY

User status: Offline
13th May 15 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the bucket seats will look spot on mate
Jason x
Premium Member

13th May 15 at 23:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any pics of the buckets?

I was thinking about bucket type ones for mine at one point, wasn't sure how comfy they would be driving the car daily though

[Edited on 13-05-2015 by Jason x]
oJNAo
Premium Member

13th May 15 at 23:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shit pic but it's a cropped one of what he sent me on Facebook

Personally I think they would fit in with what my current interior looks like, and future plans I have for it will be to convert my little blue beast to a redtop and have it as a proper project/fast road/track car but that won't be for a while haha!

Jason they definitely look comfy but I'm up near the guy end of the month so will have a sit in them to make sure

[Edited on 13-05-2015 by oJNAo]
Jason x
Premium Member

13th May 15 at 23:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would look good

I'd go for them if the price is right. Mine will probably stay a little 12v for the rest of its life just couldn't be doing with the hassle and expense of always fixing bits and the cost to have it done in the first place.

oJNAo
Premium Member

14th May 15 at 00:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jason x
Would look good

I'd go for them if the price is right. Mine will probably stay a little 12v for the rest of its life just couldn't be doing with the hassle and expense of always fixing bits and the cost to have it done in the first place.

Only £50 so if I can fit them on my standard runners happy days and I can swap them in while I'm up North

Redtop conversions are cheap as chips really, but my engine is running sweet atm so the need for speed can wait

[Edited on 14-05-2015 by oJNAo]

[Edited on 14-05-2015 by oJNAo]
oJNAo
Premium Member

15th May 15 at 19:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Detailing goodies came today and couldn't help use them

The 3M Tape, Autoglym Tyre Dresser and Poorboys Quick Detailer+ are my new additions

Quick spray of the Autoglym stuff made the tyres look much better, although this side has a bit more rubbing on the outer, the wheel has a slight kerb mark, and the centre cap bolts need swapping to new shiny ones

[Edited on 15-05-2015 by oJNAo]
oJNAo
Premium Member

17th May 15 at 20:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Helped fit the timing belt kit today so the little blue beast runs fully sweet now, for a 1.4 anyway

Tidied up the engine bay a bit, tied the HID batteries so they weren't loose any more

Re-threaded the front near side centre cap hole so I can have the centre cap on without fear of it falling off when I'm driving

Masked up and tidied the bumper and arch trims with the Autoglym tyre dresser I bought the other day and cleaned up my tyres a bit more so they look sleek

Before

During

After

Gave it a quick wipe down after and swapped over the centre cap key bolts I sprayed gloss black to make the wheels look a bit more neater

Ultra sweet scene pic that oozes instagram likes and promotes Poorboys products

[Edited on 17-05-2015 by oJNAo]

[Edited on 05-06-2015 by oJNAo]
oJNAo
Premium Member

5th Jun 15 at 22:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't end up getting the bucket seats as had a few people say they needed a bit of mucking about with to fit in perfectly so saved myself the hassle and money

Had some pikey kids steal my chrome dust caps I was given when had my wheel refurb so after a right moan bought myself some locking ones that I think look quite snazzy

Parked up at work today and couldn't resist a photo or two after cleaning it up yesterday, love how shiny the AutoGlym tyre stuff makes the tyres and bumper look

[Edited on 05-06-2015 by oJNAo]
oJNAo
Premium Member

19th Jun 15 at 15:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A month after I replaced the timing belt and all bits for peace of mind my gearbox decided to die, found a mint tested replacement for only £35 and had someone degrease, clean and then fit it for a a couple of quid and a bottle of dry white wine

Took some night photos, not amazing quality but alright for an iphone

Also fitted the pressed plates and spent a lot of time and elbow grease polishing it by hand. Haven't got any plans for it in the near future unless stuff comes up cheap and worth having.

Generation

19th Jun 15 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking nice
Mark.W

19th Jun 15 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What kind of car man does work on peoples cars to be paid with dry white wine

Car is looking tidy,would look nice with a nice 3" round tip back box on there instead of the pea shooter
Jason x
Premium Member

19th Jun 15 at 20:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cars looking nice, how come no more plans now? I keep saying that to myself and it lasts... till the end of the month when I get paid
--ToM--

19th Jun 15 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why do you need to mask off to apply bumper shine?
oJNAo
Premium Member

20th Jun 15 at 15:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mark.W
What kind of car man does work on peoples cars to be paid with dry white wine

Car is looking tidy,would look nice with a nice 3" round tip back box on there instead of the pea shooter

He's a neighbour and helped me with any mechanical problems I have, the wine is just on top of cash to sweeten the deal haha

It's 2.5" but that and the centre section was only a cheap replacement, missed a few decent sport backboxes on ebay but I'm not too fussed about that
oJNAo
Premium Member

20th Jun 15 at 15:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--

I was gonna sand down the plastic gradually then do the tyre shine stuff to make it look smoother but I changed my mind after
oJNAo
Premium Member

20th Jun 15 at 15:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jason x
Cars looking nice, how come no more plans now? I keep saying that to myself and it lasts... till the end of the month when I get paid

Change of jobs and car isn't gonna be used as much.

Might save a bit on the side for Gaz coilovers, decent buckets and hopefully a redtop conversion but that's future plans!
--ToM--

20th Jun 15 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oJNAo
quote:

I was gonna sand down the plastic gradually then do the tyre shine stuff to make it look smoother but I changed my mind after

Ahhhhh I thought you had gone mad lol I normally just whack it on with a paint brush and wipe the excess off with a rag lol
oJNAo
Premium Member

20th Jun 15 at 15:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by oJNAo
quote:

Ahhhhh I thought you had gone mad lol I normally just whack it on with a paint brush and wipe the excess off with a rag lol

My masking wasn't that great in the first place tbh haha, the tyre dresser is a spray so it's even easier
oJNAo
Premium Member

1st Jul 15 at 10:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought a few samples of shampoos, a glass sealant and interior cleaner/dresser

Washed it yesterday with AutoBrite Purple Velvet, sealed the glass with Juicy Details Rain Aid and used my Poorboys Quick Detailer to finish off

Went for a drive and took some pics

Cleaned the dash and all the trim and it looks cleaner but felt the interior dresser stuff wasn't worth buying as the grapefruit smell goes after 5 minutes

oJNAo
Premium Member

2nd Sep 15 at 18:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been working at festivals all summer so haven't really had the chance to do much to my car apart from giving it a good wash and wax after it got stupidly dusty at most events

Took a few pics at the misses' before she came out wondering why I was in the middle of the road crouching down

Got a few goodies to sample

Juicy Details Iced Apple Tyre Gel and AutoBrite Liquid Gloss Spray Wax deserve a recommendation

Still gets a good shine after a downpour

Bought these from Mark.W and hope to fit them before Castle Combe to replace the worn FK fronts I have and to get ready for my future plans of putting in a C20XE conversion

Generation

2nd Sep 15 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Comes up really clean, would definitely ditch those front seats though
oJNAo
Premium Member

2nd Sep 15 at 22:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Comes up really clean, would definitely ditch those front seats though

They've done me well since I first bought them haha, they hide the dog hair covered original seats.

Once I find decent buckets I will replace them but all in good time, and most importantly good price
Col004

3rd Sep 15 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Clean example mate. Keep up the good work

If you're going on a cleaning mission purchase some Victoria wax. I polish with mirror image as there is no chalk in it like autoglym, then I wax with this. You'll never use another wax again mate. I've tried loads and nothing compares

[Edited on 03-09-2015 by Col004]
oJNAo
Premium Member

3rd Sep 15 at 12:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Col004
Clean example mate. Keep up the good work

If you're going on a cleaning mission purchase some Victoria wax. I polish with mirror image as there is no chalk in it like autoglym, then I wax with this. You'll never use another wax again mate. I've tried loads and nothing compares

[Edited on 03-09-2015 by Col004]

Thanks

A few people have recommended that, I'm still yet to try a proper wax but seeing the results from the spray wax makes me want to try the proper stuff

[Edited on 03-09-2015 by oJNAo]
Col004

3rd Sep 15 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Blue Beast - Arden Blue Corsa B 1.4L Breeze Edition 23 database queries in 0.1076481 seconds