corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Blue Beast - Arden Blue Corsa B 1.4L Breeze Edition

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Blue Beast - Arden Blue Corsa B 1.4L Breeze Edition
oJNAo
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th Feb 15 at 19:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Angel eyes on b's look very dated imo

I don't fancy depos, and morettes are too expensive/hard to come by if they're in decent nick
Generation

10th Feb 15 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not hard to get by any means, your choice of course hough
oJNAo
Premium Member

10th Feb 15 at 22:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I could get morettes with a lugs etc. intact I would be interested but I see most sets sell for £100.

That's why I'm in no rush to buy brand new angel eyes as they're basically £100
Generation

10th Feb 15 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£100 is cheap for a set of lights. Talking more around £150 for a decent set.
RoweY

10th Feb 15 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would pay the extra and get morettes mate definitely worth it Your car tho your choice
oJNAo
Premium Member

10th Feb 15 at 22:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hoping to get Sam's angel eyes and then I'll be sorted for a while with the beast as it may have to go a couple months in storage

Did look at Team Heko wind deflectors and bonnet lifters for smaller and cheaper mods though
oJNAo
Premium Member

28th Feb 15 at 22:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Took a couple of photo's after I dropped the rear a bit more and gave it another clean, love how well Simoniz products work considering all I do is rinse, wash, rinse and give it a quick wipe down with a couple microfibre cloths

Would like the wheels refurbished in gloss black but that costs money

[

[Edited on 28-02-2015 by oJNAo]
Jason x
Premium Member

28th Feb 15 at 22:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good this now, do away with the rear badges and wiper next
oJNAo
Premium Member

28th Feb 15 at 23:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jason x
Looking good this now, do away with the rear badges and wiper next

I use the rear wiper quite a lot so no chance haha!

I'm away next week so I'll probs crack on with a few things when I get back. Main job will be to get a caramel wheel drill part to get rid of the damn glue!
Jason x
Premium Member

28th Feb 15 at 23:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont miss mine at all, even though i cant see out the back of the window after a couple days without washing the car used to have a punto one on mine which looked tidier than standard one.

oJNAo
Premium Member

26th Mar 15 at 19:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haven't messed around with it lately as it is my daily but fitted Team Heko Wind Deflectors that came yesterday and gave it a good clean as the birds seem to love targeting it at work (Not the good kind of birds though )

Have received a GSI rear anti roll bar that I bought of MELV14 and hopefully plan to fit it Saturday

RoweY

31st Mar 15 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks smart mate, get that glue off! haha
oJNAo
Premium Member

31st Mar 15 at 23:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RoweY
looks smart mate, get that glue off! haha

Cheers, hoping to go Castle Combe so they will definitely be off by then haha!
oJNAo
Premium Member

31st Mar 15 at 23:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have been thinking of getting spare plastic trims and possibly doing them gloss black as I'm hoping to get my wheels refurbed soon. There was a lad on AllCorsa who did his and it really makes a difference.
RoweY

1st Apr 15 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like gloss black trims but prefer colour coded tbh. Both would look good tho
oJNAo
Premium Member

1st Apr 15 at 17:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did think colour coded at first but I don't fancy going down the GSI rep route as then it wouldn't look right without skirts. May see what I can get at local scrappys
oJNAo
Premium Member

1st Apr 15 at 17:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here's what I think I'll go for in terms of the plastic trims http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-builds/656-my-corsa-b-project.html
oJNAo
Premium Member

11th Apr 15 at 23:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought a GSI rarb and gave it a quick rub down and paint as it was a bit rusty and had a bit of blue brake caliper paint that I didn't want to go to waste

Came across a massive pain as I struggled to get the standard one out even with copious amounts of WD40 and loads of welly

It looks like the rear axle has rusted to the ends and nothing would get it out so I just put some new bolts in and hope I can actually fit the rarb I bought

Anyway had my wheels refurbed and sprayed gloss black by Ultimate Paint with a cheeky discount, shit quality pic so it doesn't reveal the true beauty of them

After my failure to fit the rarb I gave it a clean and also polished it with this stuff

Gave it a nice sheen even though I only buffed the front properly as had to rush the sides and rear so I could get to work in time

Had to admire the view

When it's closer to Castle Combe one of the guys from Ultimate Paint said he'd give the whole paintwork a good buff to get rid of most of the scratches and then machine polish it with the Autoglym stuff to give it a decent finish, which means no more nasty glue on the sides and most of the scratches should go as well

[Edited on 11-04-2015 by oJNAo]
Jason x
Premium Member

11th Apr 15 at 23:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wheels look soo much better !
oJNAo
Premium Member

11th Apr 15 at 23:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jason x
Wheels look soo much better !

Totally, I'm in love with them!

I always thought I'd go for the matte black look but looking at how good the shine is I've been converted

Plus there was an Audi with matte black wheels in the bodyshop and it wasn't to my taste
Mark.W

12th Apr 15 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cars is looking tidy fella,what is the difference between the gsi rear anti roll bar and the standard one?
RoweY

12th Apr 15 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coming together nicely this mate
Generation

12th Apr 15 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fitting that rarb is going to make no difference to your car.

If I were you I'd concentrate on removing rest of glue off the door. Has come up
Really nice after a clean
davegreen
Premium Member

12th Apr 15 at 11:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good!
oJNAo
Premium Member

12th Apr 15 at 12:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mark.W
Cars is looking tidy fella,what is the difference between the gsi rear anti roll bar and the standard one?

I'm guessing from looking at both it's just thicker and more rigid, the one on my car was bending like mad when I was getting out the rubber holding it in place in the middle

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Blue Beast - Arden Blue Corsa B 1.4L Breeze Edition 23 database queries in 0.1949351 seconds