corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Blue Beast - Arden Blue Corsa B 1.4L Breeze Edition

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Blue Beast - Arden Blue Corsa B 1.4L Breeze Edition
oJNAo
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Nov 15 at 02:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been a while since I updated so it is a bit pic heavy

Forge Performance Action Day at Castle Combe on the 12th September

Apart from a few small showers the weather was stunning and really showed off the benefits of polishing and waxing it the day before

Had a fair number of people, after looking at Dave Green's supercharged Corsa C, asking to have a look under my bonnet as well

A week later I woke up one morning to find some senseless cunt had scratched my near side rear quarter, but with some G3 and a bit of polishing with my neighbour's DA I managed to make it invisible to the majority of people but it always catches my eye Shit quality pic though..

Polished and waxed the misses car #TeamCorsa

Won't be attending any shows anytime soon but at least now it's nice to look at when she comes round

and I've been learning to do my own servicing to save a bit of cash and to boost my limited mechanical knowledge

My first attempt at draining oil (tbh it was windy)

Filled up with Shell, fitted new oil filter and didn't forget to get a new sump nut washer

Cleaned up my mess as well

Future updates: Still have the Gaz front coilovers to fit but been debating whether to sell them due to the possibility of getting car numero 2
Ian W

16th Nov 15 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking well this mate, sits perfect as it is
Generation

16th Nov 15 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Use a bigger bowl next time

Wind always catches it when doing mine too, so found some huge water container like 30 litres or something, left lid on, and cut middle out. Never spill a drop now
oJNAo
Premium Member

17th Nov 15 at 00:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
Looking well this mate, sits perfect as it is

Thanks, shame the roads and speed bumps don't agree
oJNAo
Premium Member

17th Nov 15 at 00:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Use a bigger bowl next time

Wind always catches it when doing mine too, so found some huge water container like 30 litres or something, left lid on, and cut middle out. Never spill a drop now

I've learnt my lesson from my first experience, I was trying to find anything to catch the oil without getting shouted at for ruining it though haha
oJNAo
Premium Member

26th Nov 15 at 23:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The past couple weeks as it was getting colder my car would take longer and longer to start, last saturday I had to get a jump start as the bloody thing died on me from trying to get it to fire up so I got myself a new battery and hoped it wasn't the oil temp sensor or something more fiddly as I planned to fix it myself

Old shit battery out

Cleaned up the terminals, put lithium grease on them and fitted the new Duracell one

Sub and lights now work much better and don't strain the battery too much and the car now starts instantly

noshua

27th Nov 15 at 05:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I were you I would think about putting a saab b204 engine in this
oJNAo
Premium Member

8th Dec 15 at 21:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Came across these and bought them within the minute. I'm not one for buying on impulse but always liked these and think they will serve as a decent second set of wheels with a clean up and new matching tyres

I think I'll also put the Griffin on the centre caps when they arrive as well

Cesaros 1

Cesaros 2

[Edited on 08-12-2015 by oJNAo]
RoweY

8th Dec 15 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really like cesaros mate what colour you planning on doing them ?
oJNAo
Premium Member

9th Dec 15 at 02:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really planning on refurbing them but I do like them in anthracite
Jason x
Premium Member

10th Dec 15 at 02:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

These will look good
oJNAo
Premium Member

10th Dec 15 at 02:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that a biased opinion there haha

They will be a second set though as otherwise our cars will be twins if you put MHW's back on
Jason x
Premium Member

10th Dec 15 at 17:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oJNAo
Is that a biased opinion there haha

They will be a second set though as otherwise our cars will be twins if you put MHW's back on

Nope not biased

Nothing wrong with that, I don't mind anyway I'm think of getting mine powder coated a different colour at some point was thinking about a similar colour to what you have

Definitely need to get them on for a while to see what they look like

[Edited on 10-12-2015 by Jason x]
oJNAo
Premium Member

11th Dec 15 at 02:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought your cesaros were in pretty good condition and already gloss black?

I need one of my current wheels refurbed as some cunt smashed his moped/bike into it during the night and it's scratched up
Jason x
Premium Member

11th Dec 15 at 03:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They were when I got them but they aren't anymore , every wheel is scuffed and fronts have some bad curbing.

Photos hide It fairly well though, my cars going to be in need of a bit of a tidy up come summer front drivers arch is hanging off at the moment from going through a flood back arches all stone chipped at the bottom more power/bigger engine bug has got me though even though I said I wouldn't ever be interested I am now

I probably wouldn't even notice with mine, luckily don't have to park on the road as I live next to a pub and drink driving doesn't seem to be illegal where I live

[Edited on 11-12-2015 by Jason x]
oJNAo
Premium Member

11th Dec 15 at 04:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find gloss black shows every bad bit quite easily so a different colour might be good

I've been looking at conversions a while now just need to find a big block that isn't ragged and also someone who can do it for me I'm surprised you've lasted this long in a 1 litre haha
oJNAo
Premium Member

11th Dec 15 at 18:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cesaros came today and I refused them as they came wrapped in cling film and with one missing a centre cap. Will see what the seller says but I think I cannot be bothered to deal with people who post wheels in such a shit state

Untitled

Untitled

[Edited on 11-12-2015 by oJNAo]
oJNAo
Premium Member

10th Jan 16 at 16:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After mysteriously losing my grill I decided to get a replacement off ebay

Took a while to get it to sit right, definitely preferred it gloss black so may spray it in the future

Fixed the fan wiring, as the loom is looking a bit worse for wear, so when the car is on long journeys/overheating in traffic I can manually switch the fan on

Still looking at conversions as decided the car is running very well for it's age with almost no rust but I'm in no rush and will probably save up more for a C20XE or Saab B204

Have also thought about having bumper tops/trim done in anthracite rather than gloss black and searched around to see how it looked and came across this

quote:
Originally posted by SeanXE

[Edited on 10-01-2016 by oJNAo]
Jason x
Premium Member

10th Jan 16 at 18:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anthracite would look good, I thought of doing mine like that but thought gloss black would match wheels better.

Painted arches stone chip like mad though, it's actually pretty annoying
oJNAo
Premium Member

10th Jan 16 at 20:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I've got gloss black wheels so gloss black would be my immediate thought. Having them painted definitely makes them look better but I would wait until spring before I got them done cause I hate stone chip marks
Jason x
Premium Member

10th Jan 16 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I saw an arden one with Anthracite tops etc but with silver cesaros, looked very nice.

You wouldn't believe how bad my rear ones are try and hide it in photos , lost my front arch last night as well.... Well half of it
oJNAo
Premium Member

10th Jan 16 at 21:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I wish I had those cesaros I returned but would really annoy me missing a centre cap even with a partial refund.

So many mods/jobs I like the look of but unsure of for the overall look, how low is yours at the front?
Jason x
Premium Member

10th Jan 16 at 22:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well it's got fk coilovers, which are wound down to last thread but I don't think that's more than 60mm although some people claim it's much more so I'm not sure.

Wish I'd have got ta technix ones, go much lower and I don't really care about ride.

oJNAo
Premium Member

19th Feb 16 at 23:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sold my Gaz coilovers as I wanted to use better top mounts than standards which would've have cost a fair chunk along with getting it properly tracked on the hunter system. Sold them to a guy who has a 1130cc Honda bike engine in a Smartcar Roadster so at least they'll be used

Ever since I put my sub in, the ground cable has been a massive bodge job so fixed it yesterday and fitted it to a proper earthing point this time

Old one that's seen better days and replacement terminal ring

Stripped back the ground cable and fitted the new one

Gave the Blue Beast it's first wash and wax of the year, got a pressure washer now so don't have to lug buckets of water from my back garden to the car repeatedly which makes life so so much better

Only got round to washing it as I was making it clean for it to get professionally tinted today. Always wanted the windows tinted but only did it as I had a very good offer. Typical as I decided I was just going to maintain it while I saved up funds for a second car as I didn't want to pile in too much cash into a 20 year old corsa through an engine conversion and the like. I've changed my mind too many times though and I may even change it again

Couple action shots

and the finished product - Rear windows tinted to 80% by A.M.C Customs in Swindon

After getting the rears done I fancy getting the front side windows tinted to 30% or whatever the legal limit is as I love the look

[Edited on 19-02-2016 by oJNAo]
Haimsey
Premium Member

20th Feb 16 at 23:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks very clean and tidy
I'd be inclined to say some light tint on the fronts would make the tints that bit more subtle. Looking good though!

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread

<<  4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Blue Beast - Arden Blue Corsa B 1.4L Breeze Edition 24 database queries in 0.1072040 seconds