corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Blue Beast - Arden Blue Corsa B 1.4L Breeze Edition

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Blue Beast - Arden Blue Corsa B 1.4L Breeze Edition
oJNAo
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Apr 15 at 12:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Fitting that rarb is going to make no difference to your car.

If I were you I'd concentrate on removing rest of glue off the door. Has come up
Really nice after a clean

After yesterday I've been thinking the same haha, the glue is coming off next weekend along with most of the little scratches and marks on the paintwork
Simon_16v

12th Apr 15 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're wanting a RARB then look at the cavalier one
oJNAo
Premium Member

12th Apr 15 at 12:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Simon_16v
If you're wanting a RARB then look at the cavalier one

Funnily enough I was going to buy one off the same guy I bought the GSI one but he sold it locally
oJNAo
Premium Member

14th Apr 15 at 15:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought Sam_Homepc's angel eyes and they arrived today, just figuring out how to do the wiring then gonna fit them today as I'm too impatient to leave them lying around

I have ordered some more fly eyes tint so gonna strip the old tint off, give the lights a clean and get them looking a bit cleaner before Castle Combe

Fitted the angel eyes and the HID's but noticed the smaller side light above the indicators doesn't come on either side, although it was really hard to tell in this sun. Main beam, full beam and indicators work so everything else is fine electrically

Also found that the angel eyes don't fit perfectly and the front bumper seems to sit a bit lower like it's almost sagging but the nuts holding it were fine albeit a bit rusty so will get round to replacing them

Gave the engine bay a wipe down as I hardly ever touch it unless I'm checking the oil

The batteries that power the HID's weren't placed in the best position but going to bolt them to the inside of the wings like I have seen other people do.

The Loom is all over the place and the fan still needs sorting out as it's wired to always run but will get round to that when I have a friend replace the timing belt next month as he knows what he's doing

Angel eyes fitted until new fly eyes kit arrives

[Edited on 14-04-2015 by oJNAo]
oJNAo
Premium Member

19th Apr 15 at 19:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally the update most people have waited so patiently for

Had a guy who works at Ultimate Paint, where I had my wheels refurbished, wash and clean her down both inside and out.

He then removed the nasty glue strips on the sides and any scratches that weren't stupidly deep, and also debadged the rear before waxing and polishing it up

Photos are pretty shit quality but shows the results, can't wait to take it to Castle Combe next Saturday

Gonna redo the tints on the angel eyes sometime next week and fit a K&N panel filter I got cheap. Have been thinking about drilling the airbox to complement the nice burble the Cybox centre pipe and exhaust make even though they are cheap ebay parts

[Edited on 19-04-2015 by oJNAo]
Jason x
Premium Member

19th Apr 15 at 20:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good. Don't usually like angel eyes but these look really good with the bonnet.
oJNAo
Premium Member

19th Apr 15 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I don't fancy the normal angel eyes with black backing on it now, especially as they come up on loads of nasty B's on Facebook now

It's a pain trying to sort the wiring for the HID sidelights though as most of the wiring for it has been spliced etc.
oJNAo
Premium Member

19th Apr 15 at 20:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much are pressed plates? had the plates taken off and cleaned/polished behind but they're bending like fuck now and stick out like a sore thumb to me
Jason x
Premium Member

19th Apr 15 at 20:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had bought ones like that for my first B, looked shit never made it to the car.

Pressed plates are £20 but make sure you get the right ones some are shit aren't even properly Pressed

[Edited on 19-04-2015 by Jason x]
Jason x
Premium Member

19th Apr 15 at 20:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also what do you use on the bumpers? Need to blacken mine in the mean time before they get painted
oJNAo
Premium Member

19th Apr 15 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used this

Don't know the exact product that the Ultimate Paint guy used to make the bumpers shine but he used it on the plastics in the interior too. Feels a bit greasy at first but dries well
Mark.W

19th Apr 15 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking tidy
oJNAo
Premium Member

19th Apr 15 at 20:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers bud
anthcorsa

19th Apr 15 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like a dodgy movie that trim stuff .. 'Forever black'
anthcorsa

19th Apr 15 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On a serious note I love that front end bonnet looks class
oJNAo
Premium Member

19th Apr 15 at 21:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by anthcorsa

quote:
On a serious note I love that front end bonnet looks class

I was thinking the same thing but glad I went with it, worth masking up before hand though it's a pain to get off once it dries

and cheers man, grill is slightly wonky at the top but I'm just being picky as usual
anthcorsa

19th Apr 15 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm abit OCD when it comes to my car like but so far this looks class, don't normally like the bad boy bonnets but that looks class.
oJNAo
Premium Member

19th Apr 15 at 22:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'm abit OCD when it comes to my car like but so far this looks class, don't normally like the bad boy bonnets but that looks class.

Thanks man means a lot

Really wanna start getting busy with the engine bay but my mechanical knowledge is amateur at best haha
Jason x
Premium Member

19th Apr 15 at 22:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That last pic inspired me to go outside and change my grille back to the slatted De-badged one from the Opel one at 11pm with a torch
oJNAo
Premium Member

19th Apr 15 at 22:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jason x
That last pic inspired me to go outside and change my grille back to the slatted De-badged one from the Opel one at 11pm with a torch

haha why's that?
Jason x
Premium Member

19th Apr 15 at 22:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gone off the opel one now, think the de-badged one looks cleaner and better with bb bonnet
Mark.W

20th Apr 15 at 02:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

oJNAo
Premium Member

21st Apr 15 at 11:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Took the headlights out yesterday and stripped off the old fly eyes kit, gave it a clean and put the new fly eyes on

Before with the fly eyes adhesive on it

After cleaning - Couldn't manage to get off the old rust marks but the bad boy bonnet hides it anyway

Fly Eyes Tint redone

Having a problem with the wiring as my side lights don't come on, I believe the 3 black one is responsible for the side lights somehow but it doesn't plug to the angel eyes anywhere

[Edited on 21-04-2015 by oJNAo]

[Edited on 21-04-2015 by oJNAo]
oJNAo
Premium Member

29th Apr 15 at 18:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Castle Combe Spring Performance Action Day Update

Cleaned the car inside and out till it was spotless the day before

But it decided to rain over night and it got stupidly dusty on the short drive down there

On the Weekend Racer Stand next to a tidy blacked out Golf, wheels were mahoosive on it

Quite a variation on the cars that I was lined up next to

Probably could have parked it up better as well, was bricking it beforehand in case I messed up reversing

Took a fair few pics but only on my phone so most aren't that great quality

The Mad Vauxhall Club had some nice engine bays on show

For my first show Castle Combe was brilliant, highlights were the drift shows and a Renault Clio running 300+ bhp and a Skoda Yeti with 500+ bhp destroying everything when they were on track

[Edited on 29-04-2015 by oJNAo]
oJNAo
Premium Member

13th May 15 at 18:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haven't done much to it since Castle Combe as it's ma daily

Gave it a clean and polish, you really do pay for quality with Autoglym

Atm I'm deciding on whether or not to buy bucket seats cheap from a lad up North, just need seat runners and they're good to go

Getting the timing belt kit done at the weekend for peace of mind as it's nearing 80k now and doesn't sound so healthy

Just bought some Autogym instant tyre dressing and Poorboys Quick Detailer

I'm such a sad bastard that I'm actually excited for them to arrive so I can use them

[Edited on 13-05-2015 by oJNAo]

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Blue Beast - Arden Blue Corsa B 1.4L Breeze Edition 23 database queries in 0.1099420 seconds