corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Blue Beast - Arden Blue Corsa B 1.4L Breeze Edition

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Blue Beast - Arden Blue Corsa B 1.4L Breeze Edition
oJNAo
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Jan 15 at 17:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
Its not that big a job, man up

Nah it's an easy job just tends to be pissing it down or freezing up when I am able to.

I had to finish up putting in the MHW's by half 4 on the day I fitted them as it was starting to freeze the car
taylorboosh

5th Jan 15 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate wear some gloves?
oJNAo
Premium Member

28th Jan 15 at 19:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought a badboy bonnet, coilies and debadged grill the other week, fitted on the grill soon as I could and finished work early today so thought I'd fit the bonnet

Here's my old one with more rust and paint bubbling than I liked

Bonnet needs adjusting on the right side but it's because one of the bolts have broke somehow and it's slightly loose

Hoping to have the gsi spoiler and coilies fitted Sunday

Edit: How do I get the BB Code from Flickr on my phone?

[Edited on 28-01-2015 by oJNAo]

[Edited on 28-01-2015 by oJNAo]

[Edited on 30-01-2015 by oJNAo]

[Edited on 30-01-2015 by oJNAo]
taylorboosh

28th Jan 15 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Use photobucket
oJNAo
Premium Member

28th Jan 15 at 19:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I normally do but I haven't got a laptop till the weekend and I was keen to update as soon as I put the bonnet on today
Jason x
Premium Member

29th Jan 15 at 00:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks evil mate, can't beat a badboyy bonnet

i've been using flickr for ages and dont think you can grab bb code from mobile app, normally just upload them from phone then get bb code off website i can post the images up for you if ya want.
oJNAo
Premium Member

30th Jan 15 at 15:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Managed to get the photos on here after a few edits

The bonnet really makes me want to get angel eyes now!
oJNAo
Premium Member

8th Feb 15 at 22:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought I'd save myself some money and gain a bit of experience and remove my old suspension then fit the FK Coilies

Took longer than I thought it would as I had to wait for extended wheel nuts

Standard front

front part of the coilies fitted and wheels back on

started on the rears and as soon as the wheels were off my problems started

Found the bolts holding the shocks on impossible to take off by myself and required a mate holding two mole grips on the old shock shafts while I undid the bolt

Gave the inside of the arches a good clean while the wheels were off

Before

After

Rear shocks and springs fitted

Love how the lowering the car has given it a meaner look

While the blue beast wasn't being used daily I had my uncle grind the bolts off the spoiler and I stuck it on

Next intentions are to get it tracked soon as possible as the camber's a bit out and sort the knocking sound from the exhaust tomorrow hopefully!

Would like to get angel eye headlights but can't justify the cost this month

Car is absolute filth at the moment from the weather and all my motorway driving so gonna give it the simoniz treatment and get that stupid strip glue off next week

[Edited on 08-02-2015 by oJNAo]

[Edited on 08-02-2015 by oJNAo]
Jason x
Premium Member

8th Feb 15 at 22:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice work , looks 100x better with a spoiler on

Get some better pics of how it's sitting
oJNAo
Premium Member

8th Feb 15 at 22:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I intend to get some when I clean it

I think I want the rear lower already
Jason x
Premium Member

8th Feb 15 at 22:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get some 100+mm lowering springs
oJNAo
Premium Member

8th Feb 15 at 22:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aren't they hard to get a hold of though? your 120mm springs seem to be a very valued item!
oJNAo
Premium Member

9th Feb 15 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gave the beast the Simoniz treatment and took a few photos after

Glue really does let it down but it's a bugger to remove in the cold so gonna whip out the extension cord and hairdryer and hopefully get it all off

Car now sits like this - Is it safe to remove the adjuster cups to get the rear a bit lower or will I just have to get shorter springs?

[Edited on 09-02-2015 by oJNAo]
Jason x
Premium Member

9th Feb 15 at 23:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good now,

I took the adjuster rings out and left the cup in as the FK springs where designed size wise at the bottom to sit in the cup, where as my current springs wouldn't even fit In the cup. I'm sure just removing the cup would be fine though as the car will compress them and they aren't small enough to fall out.

[Edited on 09-02-2015 by Jason x]
oJNAo
Premium Member

9th Feb 15 at 23:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jason x
Looking good now,

I took the adjuster rings out and left the cup in as the FK springs where designed size wise at the bottom to sit in the cup, where as my current springs wouldn't even fit In the cup. I'm sure just removing the cup would be fine though as the car will compress them and they aren't small enough to fall out.

[Edited on 09-02-2015 by Jason x]

Cheers

I was just wondering if the coilies were designed so that the cups could be taken out without making the ride shit that's all

How much did you get your 120mm springs for? I think I would go for 100mm if I could find them, but depends how low taking the adjuster rings out makes the height
Jason x
Premium Member

10th Feb 15 at 00:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£70 I paid for them, I've got some pics in my thread just after I removed the adjusters not sure which page but towards the middle I'll try find it
Jason x
Premium Member

10th Feb 15 at 00:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Page 4
oJNAo
Premium Member

10th Feb 15 at 00:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers
oJNAo
Premium Member

10th Feb 15 at 00:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

These are next on the list to buy although I'm not sure when I will as I've got bigger costs elsewhere at the moment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-CORSA-B-1994-2000-BLACK-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHTS-ANGEL-EYE-E-MARKED/400768765356?_trksid=p2046732.c100040.m2060&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140107095009%26meid%3D77a4373f85134d478992a712192062ae%26pid%3D100040%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D311285719415
corsa-torque

10th Feb 15 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just take the adjusters out completely at the rear. I ran these on my GSi like it with no issues
oJNAo
Premium Member

10th Feb 15 at 14:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-torque
Just take the adjusters out completely at the rear. I ran these on my GSi like it with no issues

Will do, that should give it another 20mm drop at a guess right?
oJNAo
Premium Member

10th Feb 15 at 15:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Instagram shiz

taylorboosh

10th Feb 15 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea just take the cups out alltogether

Also your ment to use an allan key iir in the shock top
oJNAo
Premium Member

10th Feb 15 at 18:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
Yea just take the cups out alltogether

Also your ment to use an allan key iir in the shock top

Mole grips or Allen keys can be used depending on the model, for me I couldn't use an Allen key
Generation

10th Feb 15 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Angel eyes on b's look very dated imo

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Blue Beast - Arden Blue Corsa B 1.4L Breeze Edition 23 database queries in 0.0116589 seconds