corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Parking a car in your garden...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Parking a car in your garden...
Andrew

User status: Offline
3rd Apr 14 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
That's my worry though, what if they decide NOT to move

Neighbours generally do not want to upset one another. Taking that into account you should be fine.

You may find your neighbours renting out a property and only have a short time left on the lease. In which case they won't give a fuck. You will either have to man up or play the waiting game.
N16K

3rd Apr 14 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Park it imo. also chain of the parking space. How long did previous owner live there? just chain it of when you leave then only you can park.
Haimsey
Premium Member

3rd Apr 14 at 21:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
So I need to check my covenant to make sure it's okay?

Can you advise on the bit I'm more worried about - the access that'll be at the back of the parking space? What if some grumpy cunt parks in the space and refuses to move?

Yeah, just check there isn't anything in there saying you're not permitted to place lorrys, boats, caravans etc upon the land. Probably won't be. You can get consent from the council etc if there is as they're outdated do's and dont's in this day and age really.

The rear access, if deffinately not within your boundary, it will not per se give you an exclusive right of way over it. I could park there and not move, what you going to do?, nothing. Would I do that?, no just one of them things.

I reckon you'd be fine to just get on with it, people need to moan about it for any authority to take action and unless the neighbours are miserable fuckers they wouldn't moan.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
pow
Premium Member

4th Apr 14 at 15:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might speak to my next door neighbour over the weekend to see "if he minds" (read common courtesy)
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

4th Apr 14 at 16:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the neighbours believe that you own it, I wouldn't be telling them otherwise. As long as they see it as being your property, then they aren't going to park in it.

Am I right in saying that you would bring your bin out through that parking space? If so it'd take a properly petty neighbour to not move their car so that you can get your bins out, they don't need to know that Lauren is ready to cruise the camper out as soon as they move.
JM_16v

4th Apr 14 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id look on land registry at who owns that car parking space then put a claim in to own it by the council by grandfather rights

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll