corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » My House:

New Poll
  <<  7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My House:
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Jun 13 at 16:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Above used about 1/10th of tin.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
John

22nd Jun 13 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd get a lot more than 3 coats then
A2H GO

22nd Jun 13 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should you not bring the floor paint up the wall a bricks height? Not sure why but seems to be the done thing...
Haimsey
Premium Member

22nd Jun 13 at 16:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks so good!
Wish one day I could have a garage like this.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

22nd Jun 13 at 17:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
Should you not bring the floor paint up the wall a bricks height? Not sure why but seems to be the done thing...

I will be at some point, usually done up to DPC on exposed brickwork, probably mask around mine at single brick height so 2.5" from floor.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

22nd Jun 13 at 18:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Haimsey
Looks so good!
Wish one day I could have a garage like this.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Tiger

22nd Jun 13 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa
Small update... SWA cable ran in trunking up the wall.

Kitchen units arrived, got them made up so can sort height for dado trunking once all levelled out.

Left a 1m gap between the centre for a small work bench or to store a tool box in the future as will still have workshop for all messy jobs.

Hopefully get trunking on this weekend then get cable ran for sparky to wire up.

Remember you have to run vertical cables a minimum distance of 150mm from the corner of a room for it to pass a test and inspection (by a reputable sparky at least) if you are adding circuits. All to do with domestic zone system.
Tiger

22nd Jun 13 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.diynot.com/wiki/_detail/electrics:installation_techniques:safezones_1_.jpg?id=electrics%3Ainstallation_techniques%3Awalls
Lee_fr200

24th Jun 13 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think you've done a cracking job mate
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

15th Sep 13 at 00:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not been any updates for a while, all sockets wired, all nine lights wired, half floor painted but peeling so back to drawing board.

I moved everything into half the garage to paint half the floor, when it peeled I lost interest a bit. Last weekend I finally decide to shift the full dumpy bag of sand, scaffolding, tools, rearrange the kitchen units.

Its finally a two car garage with two cars in tonight.

GF's dad was throwing away his of Wolf 1.5hp compressor due to not working, he'd already bought a new one so asked if I could have it...

£7.79 on a new regulator from MachineMart and its fixed, so going to order some air line and T pieces to run in the bottom section of my trunking. Put the compressor in the cupboard out of sight.

Need to sort:

Floor, now thinking a poured epoxy resin.
Exterior, thinking a wet dash render and outside lights up.
Roof, board internally after winter.

Seany

15th Sep 13 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just put non skid on the floor. The epoxy resin is a mare to use if not completely flat and if you chip it or dent it it will look poo.
Non skid is cheap and easy to do. Even more so that you have a compressor now. Mix it up pour into funnel attached to air line with a wide nozzle on the gun and away you go. I used to do the decks on aircraft carriers with it. It really is easy.

Also you can have any colour you want really.
marklawton

29th Nov 13 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

update?
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

29th Dec 13 at 18:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by marklawton
update?

Been no real update for a while, as I've not been doing anything in the garage other than using it.

I aquired a tissue dispenser so put that up this morning:

Then thought about time I finally finished the kitchen cupboards so spent rest of day putting drawers together and fitting doors. Still need a bit of lining up and worktops on.

Been speaking with a resin floor company just before Christmas, waiting on a price. Fingers crossed its not too scary and can get that done in the new year.

ash_corsa

29th Dec 13 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking great, using dado is a nice touch.
Will you be sorting out the cables for the lights?
Do you find the lights bright enough?
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

29th Dec 13 at 20:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah Ash, cables all need clipped to the woods going across each beam, also at some point the roof will be boarded so only lights visible.

The lights give off enough light for anything I've been doing in there, perfect for cleaning car, three lights above the worktop so quite bright on there.

If doing anything with the car its parked in the middle, have three lights directly above and then three lights along either side. I have set of spots if more required and never been for them since having the lights up.

ash_corsa

29th Dec 13 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah didn't realise ceiling was being boarded. Will look quality once finished!
rustyarchs

30th Dec 13 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good!!
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

4th Jun 14 at 09:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Outside now rendered, other than little bit above my workshop and neighbours side, still to do.

Painted back and side last night, front needs few more days to dry out, hopefully paint at weekend.

Also got cable ran and out the front for a PIR down lights either side of door.

Cable run in conduit in the roof space ready to be fitted after painting.

Also see in one of pics above small retaining wall and concrete found for rest of wall, that will be raised up and eventually paved when do the patio area. Excuse the over grown grass and weeds popping through. Its been neglected recently.

flybikeslee

4th Jun 14 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

garage
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

6th Jun 14 at 21:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Front now painted and ready for spot lights next.

Now highlights the need for a fresh driveway, never ending list!

Will now try and concentrate on the outside, gate into rear garden and then sort the raised path to side door.

Haimsey
Premium Member

6th Jun 14 at 21:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks fantastic now. Still very jealous

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Graham88

7th Jun 14 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks epic mate I'd love to have that
Ben G

7th Jun 14 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would look better with a pitched roof, but even so, still amazing to have that bit of space for yourself (cars).

<<  7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll