corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » My House:

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My House:
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

User status: Offline
31st Jan 13 at 08:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not been doing a great deal of late, too dark after work, too cold to do anything with frost / snow.

Got a bit more scratch coating done inside, pretty much half way round the internal walls. Then cement render to go on top of that.

Just ordered 8 JCC slim strip lights which I plan to try and set in between the roof joists and leave flush with the boarded ceiling when done.

Just need to decide how to lay them out as original plan was to have a section at the back partitioned off for all the clutter.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
ash_corsa

1st Feb 13 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They aren't the kind of lights you want in a garage pal.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

1st Feb 13 at 22:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Meant for an office I know but will do the job I want especially with 8 of them. Will have a few lamps for when cleaning cars.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
kennySRi

2nd Feb 13 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure why they can't go in a garage, should look really nice
VegasPhil
Premium Member

2nd Feb 13 at 09:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Produce dark spots

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

3rd Feb 13 at 17:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Inside scratch coated, now need to start putting smooth cement render on ready to sort electrics.

My old man is on holiday again so floor has been put off until he returns to give me a hand, or rather me give him a hand!

Bought a site light so I could get on at nights, bulbs didn't last an hr so hoping to get it swapped! And back to it after work this week.

Ben G

3rd Feb 13 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that door looks like a nice bit of kit. need something like that in mine as i'm sick of having to open it with a key.
John

3rd Feb 13 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've started putting the car in the garage and doing it manually is a right pita, getting an electric opener in the near future. Keeping my eye on gumtree, they are only about £150 new.
BeetleGav

5th Feb 13 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That door looks the same as mine. This garage will be ace when finished. Proper decent size

[Edited on 05-02-2013 by BeetleGav]
whitter45

8th Feb 13 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I've started putting the car in the garage and doing it manually is a right pita, getting an electric opener in the near future. Keeping my eye on gumtree, they are only about £150 new.

they are brilliant - so handy to have

Garage looks ace Daniel
ash_corsa

10th Feb 13 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kennySRi
Not sure why they can't go in a garage, should look really nice

Because the spread of light wont be great for a garage and the nice shiney chrome controllers (which are required to reflect the light) will be covered in dust after about an hour of getting them out of the box!
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

12th Feb 13 at 08:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got another light for garage so now have 9. Hoping for it not to be a dusty environment, although it obviously will have some everything will be sealed. Floors / Walls / Ceiling all painted, door is perfectly sealed. Either way the lights will be fine worst case I take the louvers off. Still be a slim light fitting in comparison to other tube lights.

Done spare room out also while on with garage, missus chose some Laura Ashley paper so got that hung, new carpet walls painted cream and opposite duck egg to match the paper.

TV on wall, furniture back in, new bed, curtains hung so will get a finished pic tonight.

VegasPhil
Premium Member

12th Feb 13 at 10:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will be interested to see the duck egg. My missus keeps on about it for the bedroom.

Ben G

12th Feb 13 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very nice. saw that paper in laura ashley at the weekend. not cheap stuff at all.

phil, we have a duck egg wall in the living room. it used to be dulux malt chocolate and it's really brightened the room up.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

12th Feb 13 at 14:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No wasn't the cheapest of papers Ben, think I squeezed it out if two rolls so wasn't too bad. Still far cheaper than my office NY mural, that's never coming off haha.

I wasn't really a fan of duck egg, few different shades about but this does look nice and bright, now its done got to admit its nice.

Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

12th Feb 13 at 17:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finished pics:

Ben G

12th Feb 13 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that looks very smart. how comes the pics look a bit distorted?
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

12th Feb 13 at 17:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben Ghow comes the pics look a bit distorted?

iPhone panorama

VegasPhil
Premium Member

15th Feb 13 at 17:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have those curtains in our lounge. Dunelm Mill?

Duck Egg looks nice

Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

17th Feb 13 at 17:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
We have those curtains in our lounge. Dunelm Mill?

I'm pretty sure they were Phil.

Finally got the block work finished above the steel beam today, then applied the scratch coat, so thats all the block / brick work finished other than putting some copping stone above the door stop water seeping into any gaps between the blocks.

(bits of wood on the top are there as a straight edge, will remove once cement sets a bit more.)

nathy_87

17th Feb 13 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome! Bet it's nice just to stand back for a moment and smile at the work you've produced.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

27th Feb 13 at 13:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Inside scratch coated, except for couple of pillars.

Bit of a tidy up last night in prep for concrete floor going down, bit of work to do first but got most of next week off so plan is to get ready mix delivered one day.

Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

6th Mar 13 at 15:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Electric supply cable extended and now buried under the floor. Ready mix wagon couldn't get down drive so as expected had to barrow concrete from road to garage.

But it's in, just waiting for it to go off a bit more to polish it up again.

noshua

6th Mar 13 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's fucking huge
VegasPhil
Premium Member

6th Mar 13 at 19:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is massive. Well done

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll