corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » My House:

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My House:
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Oct 12 at 17:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Started taking more of the roof off between finishing work and not being able to see anymore.

Left inside looking something like a bomb had gone off

Spent an hour filling bin bags to take to tip, lucky it's a 2min drive away in car, no skips here

Joists out, the two courses of bricks holding the joists came out with them so started laying a course of blocks to replace them.

Then I over estimated how much water was in the sand when doing a mix, so used the left over to start scratch coating.

That now just requires the 4x2 wall plate and straps on. Hopefully roof sheets will be here soon, taken a week off work to hopefully get cracking, fingers crossed its dry.

Get rest of roof off tomorrow between F1 and football, more tidying ready for tip, bit of stress relief knocking central wall out and shouldn't be far off by next weekend.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
VegasPhil
Premium Member

7th Oct 12 at 07:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good work. Most of the leaves gone off the trees behind already.

Hope you get some drier weather for the roof. My back garden is saturated at the moment.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Gareth T

7th Oct 12 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The garage is going to look spot on when done Dan.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

7th Oct 12 at 17:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Roof all off, seven trips to the tip and its all disposed of. Good tidy up and knocked a bit of wall down so I could back fill the insides and get some bricks to go under roof plate.

Cars washed and back to TV in time for football.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Graham88

7th Oct 12 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome work, enjoying watching this
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

14th Oct 12 at 18:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well got some more done again today, cut a few of the old 6x2 joists down to 4x2 so could use as wall / roof plate.

Fitted lintel above side door, built up the side wall and back wall to finished height. Need wall plate along the other side when cut some more 6x2 down.

Next job is to get garage door off, pour bit more foundation for the extra pillar required for new door. Pretty much ready for the steels now. Spreading the rubble across the floor, saved a barrow load of cement waste from knocked down wall to compact in the holes.

Hopefully more progress next weekend if stays dry, dark nights have put stop to much through the week now.

Anyways, pics:

Anybody after the old garage door 7ft (W) x 6ft 6ins (H) it's going cheap, if collected.

Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

21st Oct 12 at 15:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well yesterday I got side door off, garage door off, wall knocked down to open up the space. I can only describe as HUGE now all the wall and pillar is down.

Used the bricks from the wall as hardcore to level off the base, bit of massive jigsaw puzzle.

Dug where the pillar will be built and mixed up a bit of concrete. That's now set and ready to build, fingers crossed steel beams will be here this week.

Need to dig a trench for the 6mm armoured cable and join it with a submarine joint so it will reach up the pillar where fuse box will be located.

Hopefully someone bids on the door ending tonight, so can get it collected and out the way.

Anyway photos:

willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

21st Oct 12 at 15:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bet you are PROPER excited
Jon_C
Premium Member

21st Oct 12 at 21:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is gonna be huge
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

21st Oct 12 at 21:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's awesome, would love that

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Ben G

22nd Oct 12 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that is going to be an epic man cave

bet your neighbours think you're building an immigrant hostel or something.
Graeme
Premium Member

22nd Oct 12 at 22:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's fucking huge!

Wish I had the width. I've got the length, just not the width!

Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

24th Oct 12 at 21:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup it's going to be a great space, 45 sq mtr of floor space.

Graeme luckily I've got both, hardly taken any of the garden away really, by time I change the layout probably have more grass than before.

Kev_GSI

25th Oct 12 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just started to read this epic thread
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

7th Nov 12 at 12:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not been any updates for a while, due to waiting on my steel I beams. Ordered a few weeks ago, finally being dropped off this Friday or Saturday with a 4" plate welded on the front so can hide it with block work.

Garage door sold on eBay for the large sum of £0.99 collected last night so thought would try the car in for size haha...

Got the trench dug for the electric supply, and will extend the 6mm cable with a submarine joint so can get that filled in again.

Can't decide what to do with the existing concrete floor, smash it up and start again or pour some fresh over the top.

Fingers crossed roof should be on within the next two weeks and can start plastering inside on wet days.

baza31

7th Nov 12 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you go over top it will raise overall floor height . I'd personally have it all out and start again
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

10th Nov 12 at 12:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a good job was no H&S officers around here this morning, would have had a heart attack haha.

6.0m steel beam spanning roof in centre - check
4.5m steel beam spanning door opening - check

Some interesting improvisation to get them fitted, glad that's out way now et ready for the roof and finish building the front up!

ljames555

10th Nov 12 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Out of interest how much do steel beams go for at that size ?
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

10th Nov 12 at 16:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ljames555
Out of interest how much do steel beams go for at that size ?

Best way to work it out is half the weight so say 30kg p/m it would be £15 p/m

Front was roughly 30kg p/m and centre was 35kg, haven't got the final price yet as on mates account. Plus blasting and painting with red oxide.

Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

12th Nov 12 at 17:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Slightly under estimated how many blocks I need to finish the front.

Two courses to go on the front which will hide the steel, about 20 blocks (will pick up this week) but can atleast get the joists hung Sat morning ready for the roof sheets at first opportunity.

Lee_fr200

12th Nov 12 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good mate
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

12th Nov 12 at 23:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im confused.

is this having a slanted roof but flat at the front?
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

13th Nov 12 at 06:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
Im confused.

is this having a slanted roof but flat at the front?

Yes, as I think it will look better from the drive being flat than sloped across 6m

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa
Planned double:

IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

13th Nov 12 at 09:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah i see
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

15th Nov 12 at 14:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ready for the roof sheets, just need collected from depot hopefully get chance this weekend.

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll