corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » My House:

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My House:
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Mar 13 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks fellas! Yup it looks bigger everytime do something now. Can't wait for it to be finished and painted white!

Just waiting for it to dry still, been over it again but still a bit wet, could be a late night or early morning!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Graham88

7th Mar 13 at 03:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Epic!!
Ben G

7th Mar 13 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that is simply amazing

you going to keep the floor as concrete or paint it? white walls and a nice grey floor is a good look and keeps the dust away.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

7th Mar 13 at 20:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben, yup being painted at some point paint is in shed ready, white walls, grey floor. Possibly tiles in the future when build funds up again.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

19th Mar 13 at 20:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cement render starting to go on the walls, back wall done and between first pillar also done.

Hopefully get few more done soon, give week or so to dry and maybe even splash some paint on over Easter (if I get carried away)

Gareth T

20th Mar 13 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Garage looks good Dan.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

10th Apr 13 at 12:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been a bit quiet of late, other than a bit of painting.

Back to it this week, got the neighbours external wall scratch coated, that took some doing being 7.5m in length.

Got the copping stones above the door, makes it look more finished.

Done the slope into the garage to meet the floor so once that's set can start parking the cars in again.

Also to try keep the dust down I've added a coat of PVA to the concrete floor, that's drying at the moment will get another on tonight or tomorrow.

Walshyposse

15th May 13 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read from start to present, very impressed mate nicely done.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

15th May 13 at 20:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Walshyposse
Just read from start to present, very impressed mate nicely done.

Thank you

Russ

17th May 13 at 04:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Home gym would go nice in there...
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

19th May 13 at 19:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Small update... Getting there!

All rendered inside, painted white just one small patch on back wall needs another coat.

Now ready for trunking to go on and start running electric cable for lights and sockets.

Graham88

21st May 13 at 06:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks so good
Walshyposse

22nd May 13 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fantastic that, you should be so proud of it. I have to say that in the building and electrical game I haven't seen much better.
baza31

24th May 13 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Walshyposse
Fantastic that, you should be so proud of it. I have to say that in the building and electrical game I haven't seen much better.

Are you for real ? What do you build for a living sheds?

baza31

24th May 13 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also why didn't you run cables first to save mini trunking all over
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

24th May 13 at 12:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
Also why didn't you run cables first to save mini trunking all over

Not using mini trunking.

Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

30th May 13 at 19:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Small update... SWA cable ran in trunking up the wall.

Kitchen units arrived, got them made up so can sort height for dado trunking once all levelled out.

Left a 1m gap between the centre for a small work bench or to store a tool box in the future as will still have workshop for all messy jobs.

Hopefully get trunking on this weekend then get cable ran for sparky to wire up.

16vKarlos

3rd Jun 13 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dan how is this going? I'm following this on DW too
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

4th Jun 13 at 08:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 16vKarlos
Dan how is this going? I'm following this on DW too

Nothing really mate, got all units levelled out work top rested on and height for trunking which starting tonight.

Hopefully have all electrics ran this week or a good start on them anyways.

Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

7th Jun 13 at 21:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trunking all fixed to wall last night...

First fix done on all the sockets, (still need to decide on where to put lights) and spent tonight cutting all the facias tonight...

All cables ran back to fuse board location, now just waiting on sparky to wire it up next week, while I sort lights.

Graham88

7th Jun 13 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good stuff, I'm quite excited to see this all done
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

22nd Jun 13 at 15:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
Good stuff, I'm quite excited to see this all done

Cheers Graham, just needs your Imola M3 or an Imola Z4 Coupe to live in there.

Small update... Bit of frame work up to suspend my lights from, 9 lights will be going up in total, first 3 up and wired in so can finally get rid of extension reel and site light.

Excuse mess and wires, all still to clip to frame out of sight even tho ceiling will be boarded over time.

Light above the garage door took bit more working out, nice and snug for the door rolling up

Fuse board connected up, overkill put was as cheap as a smaller board whilst on offer so just lots of spare breakers.

Trunking to go back on, hiding SWA etc.

Finally had a clear up, Henry spent a good while sucking all the dust up so I could put a 1st coat of floor paint down, will do other side then shift everything out for a second coat over whole floor when next off work.

John

22nd Jun 13 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that the standard 20l floor paint off ebay? Any good?

I'm trying to decide whether to go for that or the proper epoxy stuff, leaning towards the paint though because of the massive price difference.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

22nd Jun 13 at 16:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah John it's eBay floor paint, had it about 3yrs was going to do original garage when moved in.

Few folk have used it and seems to hold up ok. Epoxy is a lot better but talking at least 10x price.

Can't really give verdict other than applying it seems to have gone ok.

John

22nd Jun 13 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think I'll just go for that, should be enough in that tin to do 3 coats in my garage at least I'd think.

<<  6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll