corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Parking a car in your garden...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Parking a car in your garden...
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Apr 14 at 21:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We've been able to keep the camper but I when I move into my new place I want to be able to take it with me.

Would I be allowed to essentially put a hinge on a fence panel that's at the end of my garden and bring the camper into the end of my garden? Is there anything that would stop me doing this? The access is from a shared service road, no driving over kerbs or anything.

I'd make it tasteful, pave it all up etc but I'd feel much safer that it's behind a fence as it is really common for them to be jacked up and towed off and the service road is really quiet and quite insecure! Also, I kinda want to keep my parking space as parking isn't right but there isn't load of room knocking around.

All I can really see is it pissing the neighbours off who would look at it from their spare room but surely they can't do anything official about that?
VegasPhil
Premium Member

2nd Apr 14 at 21:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can do whatever you like with it. It's none of the neighbours business.

You should make it not look too council though

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
RichR
Premium Member

2nd Apr 14 at 21:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just do it, there should be nothing to worry about but don't worry about hinging it; just lift out a panel for now. Also just put two runs of flags as opposed to flagging the whole area-there's no come back on drainage then .
pow
Premium Member

2nd Apr 14 at 21:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was thinking of levelling it out properly, small retaining wall (the garden slopes down from house to the end where the camper would be) and then gravelling it?

The only other issue I can think of is the parking space that the access would be through isn't technically mine but all the neighbours say it is. My back gate is currently in the parking space though. I'll do a pretty picture.

[Edited on 02-04-2014 by pow]
pow
Premium Member

2nd Apr 14 at 22:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Red is my gaff, green is my garage, blue is the parking space that isn't on my deeds but the neighbours say is mine... My current back gate is in the fence at the back of it. Orange is where I'd want the camper, in my garden.
Graeme
Premium Member

2nd Apr 14 at 22:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's fine. Next door neibour to me has his 2nd garage at the bottom of his garden. Just wish I had access to my back garden.
pow
Premium Member

2nd Apr 14 at 22:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even though the access isn't mine? Could some grumpy gut park hit car there and leave it, stopping me from getting the camper out?
ed

3rd Apr 14 at 07:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
All I can really see is it pissing the neighbours off who would look at it from their spare room but surely they can't do anything official about that?

If your neighbours are looking into your garden and seeing stuff they don't like, they shouldn't look into your garden.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

3rd Apr 14 at 07:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Even though the access isn't mine? Could some grumpy gut park hit car there and leave it, stopping me from getting the camper out?

They could block access but then you just ask them politely to shift their car so you can get out
pow
Premium Member

3rd Apr 14 at 08:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's my worry though, what if they decide NOT to move
RichR
Premium Member

3rd Apr 14 at 09:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why would the blue parking space not be your's if its within your boundary?
Tomnova16
Premium Member

3rd Apr 14 at 09:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

extend the garage so its in the dry

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
pow
Premium Member

3rd Apr 14 at 09:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The parking space isn't on my deeds, it's a shared access/part of the little service roads to the garages for the row.

I have the red (house/garden) and the green (garage) on my deeds. The blue bit isn't mine, it's just a flat parking space.

[Edited on 03-04-2014 by pow]
pow
Premium Member

3rd Apr 14 at 09:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
extend the garage so its in the dry

I'd love to but I can't
RichR
Premium Member

3rd Apr 14 at 10:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if green is your garage, then your boundary must extend at least around that? Have you got a copy of your deeds to hand to show the boundary, I would have imagined that it'd be squared off and not toothed to only include the garage.
pow
Premium Member

3rd Apr 14 at 10:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No it's toothed off for sure
RichR
Premium Member

3rd Apr 14 at 10:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well that's all kinds of gay - if you get on with your neighbours, I don't think you'll have an issue but it may be worth looking into if the old owner maintained that area and how long for as you may be able to claim ownership of it - if not now then possibly down the line.
Colin

3rd Apr 14 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the garage is tall enough.....could you maybe open out the back to drive straight through!? Should be simple enough to do.
pow
Premium Member

3rd Apr 14 at 11:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Neighbours call it my parking space and the previous owner used to park in it exclusively. She even had a secuirty light over the space from the side of the garage.

Garage isn't tall enough for the camper Colin
RichR
Premium Member

3rd Apr 14 at 11:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You might have a claim over the land then, may be worth speaking to a conveyancing solicitor briefly to see.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

3rd Apr 14 at 15:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

raise the roof on the garage

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Haimsey
Premium Member

3rd Apr 14 at 18:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A lot of title registers have covenants / restrictions in them preventing boats, caravans and such being parked within the boundaries. Usually older housing estates.

I wouldn't see it as a problem, some houses prevent cars being parked on the frontages but people don't really care and do it nonetheless.
It'll only be an issue if the neighbours complain and the council get involved - if there's anything in the title register preventing it at all to begin with!

If there's nothing, crack on IMO.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
pow
Premium Member

3rd Apr 14 at 18:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I need to check my covenant to make sure it's okay?

Can you advise on the bit I'm more worried about - the access that'll be at the back of the parking space? What if some grumpy cunt parks in the space and refuses to move?
AndyKent

3rd Apr 14 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd just do it anyway. Whats it anyone elses business if you park anything within your own garden?

Be fine.
3CorsaMeal

3rd Apr 14 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just call it camping. People put tents up willy nilly.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll