corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Bitcoin

New Poll
  <<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bitcoin
Dan
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Dec 13 at 12:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nows the time to buy LTC is still in relativly early stages, theres alot of talk about being used in shops and all sorts which make me think it may take off. The developer is also public, unlike bitcoin, which will help in the long run.

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
John

11th Dec 13 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To make anything from LTC short term you need loads of money and good timing. With just a couple, you'll never make much anyway, and it's the long game.
Gary
Premium Member

11th Dec 13 at 14:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seen a shop selling stuff for BTC and LTC,

Xbox One was 0.5btc
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

11th Dec 13 at 14:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tried some LTC shares earlier only bought 20 contracts, but made 22 profit in a few hours, its a good share as the price changes so dramatically throughout the day if you have balls you'll make some good cash!
Gary
Premium Member

11th Dec 13 at 17:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jumped a fair bit now. Should have bought some earlier!
Paul_J

11th Dec 13 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO

Agreed. the people in the big money are already on the next thing thats not being discussed on forums (the same big thing Paul_J will be talking about in 6 months time).

Agreed I may be 6 months late, but it's likely I'll be years before these guys - they only hear about things when they are already mainstream. I've got a fairly good finger on the pulse of tech because I work in tech, go to tech events / tech talks, read many tech sites and forums and personally know a lot of people in the same domain.

I wouldn't be surprised if I had come on here years ago talking about bitcoin when it was pence I'd have been laughed away because I would be 'too ahead of the curve' these days I rarely waste my breath on here.
John

11th Dec 13 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a lot of bollocks, people on here at least as ahead of the curve as you.
Ben G

11th Dec 13 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a surprise. Paul J thinking he's better than everyone else.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

11th Dec 13 at 20:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BTC has dropped quite a bit!!
John

11th Dec 13 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It goes up and down constantly.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

11th Dec 13 at 20:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
It goes up and down constantly.

$200 is a hefty drop
Dan
Premium Member

11th Dec 13 at 20:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who wants to buy some shares in a 600gh/s bitcoin mining rig, at $5000

Would mine around $500 a day in bit coins at current rates

:/

My current thinking though, is that bitcoins are not really the future for general use. The value is far to high per coin, and trading in 0.001 coins for a 1$ item just isn't going to happen.

But, for the underworld, bitcoins are defo the future!

John

11th Dec 13 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get Paul_J to tell you what's the next big thing for 6 months down the line that you don't know about and invest all your money there instead.
Gary
Premium Member

11th Dec 13 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan

My current thinking though, is that bitcoins are not really the future for general use. The value is far to high per coin, and trading in 0.001 coins for a 1$ item just isn't going to happen.

But, for the underworld, bitcoins are defo the future!

Bitcoins will be the gold of crypto currency with the others based on the back of that
Dan
Premium Member

11th Dec 13 at 20:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, quite possible. Ive read that in a few reports.

They say ltc will be the silver.

John

11th Dec 13 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Despite the comparisons with precious metals, I don't think it's a good one.

Unless a new supply of gold is found or another substance to take it's place, the value is always there.

Bitcoin, litecoin, normal currency, could be worthless tomorrow. Moreso with brand new crypto currencies.

Although linked at the moment, BTC and LTC prices don't necessarily require that link.
Dan
Premium Member

11th Dec 13 at 20:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why would the value disappear tho? They are getting harder and more expensive to mine, There will become a point where the difficulty is so high, that mining them will be near impossible, or too expensive.

I cant understand why they are so unstable at the moment. From a swing trading style, they are perfect

John

11th Dec 13 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If everybody tries to sell them, they are worthless. The same thing can happen with real money, it just doesn't without some massive world event.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

11th Dec 13 at 20:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been reading the reason it has dropped is the main exchanged got DDOS'd today which dropped the price so much
Gary
Premium Member

11th Dec 13 at 21:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
Yea, quite possible. Ive read that in a few reports.

They say ltc will be the silver.

Hopefully.

Only by luck really. The others now won't get a look in as everyone will be concentrating on the top dogs imo.
Dan
Premium Member

11th Dec 13 at 21:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If everyone sells, them, surely theres has to be everyone buying too??

That's interesting vrs. Hopefully see a huge rise from china tonight then

Id be sticking a buy order on plus 500 for when market resets

VrsTurbo
Premium Member

11th Dec 13 at 21:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan

That's interesting vrs. Hopefully see a huge rise from china tonight then

Id be sticking a buy order on plus 500 for when market resets

its rising slowing now. Plus500 use MTgox
AndyKent

11th Dec 13 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're unstable because people are literally banking on the value going up, and shitting themselves when it swings the opposite way.

I suspect there loads of people making small gains trading but at some point the whole thing will collapse for the scale issue posted above.

Same with litecoin - its value is purely based on the fact it works similar to bitcoin, but its cheaper for normos to get involved in.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

11th Dec 13 at 21:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LTC seems to be best buying around 29.5ish then selling at 31ish as it seems to do that daily at the moment
John

11th Dec 13 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan

What happens is that if everyone wants to sell and no-one wants to buy anymore, they aren't worth anything.

As Andy, says, they are only worth so much just now because everyone is keeping them. The mining aspect is kind of separate to that, although that's obviously a big industry of its own.

<<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >>

New Poll