corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Scotland

New Poll
  <<  21    22    23    24    25    26    27  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Scotland
JonnyJ

User status: Offline
17th Sep 14 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One thing im finding interesting is that every news outlet is saying "its on a knife edge" and yet the bookies have it down as an almost certain No vote. You can get 5/1 on a Yes, in a two horse race, thats massive.
mwg

17th Sep 14 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get that you have contributed to it etc. but it's the UK's "stuff". And you won't be part of the UK any more through your own choice if you do leave so I don't think you should be able to use any thing that is currently shared. Maybe I'm being like a bitter ex here but that's just the way I see it It's not like we're kicking you out, it's your decision if you do leave and I can't help but feel that should mean you leave everything. Although that would obviously mean leaving your share of the debt as well.

[Edited on 17-09-2014 by mwg]
Dom

17th Sep 14 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
It is an incorrect perception that everything is England's...

Don't think anyone has said the DVLA (or other services) belongs directly to England; the Union yes, not England though.

This is the exact same bullshite that you complain about when anyone says anything against the 'Yes' Campaign

[Edited on 17-09-2014 by Dom]
Paul_J

17th Sep 14 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
One thing im finding interesting is that every news outlet is saying "its on a knife edge" and yet the bookies have it down as an almost certain No vote. You can get 5/1 on a Yes, in a two horse race, thats massive.

Yeah - probably to do with polling being pretty useless... the polls only need to ask 1000 people and they may be more Yes centric rather than the view of the entire country. The bookies probably know that when the actual vote rolls round there will be many more no's than the poll show.
JonnyJ

17th Sep 14 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
quote:

Yeah - probably to do with polling being pretty useless... the polls only need to ask 1000 people and they may be more Yes centric rather than the view of the entire country. The bookies probably know that when the actual vote rolls round there will be many more no's than the poll show.

Yep, cant read too much into polls and so far only 1 or 2 have shown Yes infront or level. Bookies arent in the business of losing money so to offer that big a price in a 2 horse race either says they know there's little chance of a Yes vote in reality, or they've got it horrendously wrong.

Funny tweet I've seen this morning

https://twitter.com/Emrod_lives/status/512137749668044800
Hammer

17th Sep 14 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

The bookies are suggesting that's to do with covering themselves rather than any inside information or poll results.

Betfair have paid out on a 'No' though.
Hammer

17th Sep 14 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I get that you have contributed to it etc. but it's the UK's "stuff". And you won't be part of the UK any more through your own choice if you do leave so I don't think you should be able to use any thing that is currently shared. Maybe I'm being like a bitter ex here but that's just the way I see it It's not like we're kicking you out, it's your decision if you do leave and I can't help but feel that should mean you leave everything. Although that would obviously mean leaving your share of the debt as well.

[Edited on 17-09-2014 by mwg]

Got it in one, we don't get the assets we don't take the debts.

Everyone will sit down like adults if and when the result comes in and the scaremongering and fear campaign is over and everyone works together to resolve what's best for both parties.
Hammer

17th Sep 14 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

Don't think anyone has said the DVLA (or other services) belongs directly to England; the Union yes, not England though.

This is the exact same bullshite that you complain about when anyone says anything against the 'Yes' Campaign

I know you understand what 'perception' means so I'm not sure what you're getting at? I never suggested anyone said anything, I suggested that's what perceived due to the way the arguments are put across by the Better Together campaign.
Hammer

17th Sep 14 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
quote:

Yes centric? Walk around Scotland just now and you'd think it would be a landslide Yes.

The polls are No centric, if anything. Either way they are a pile of shite as shown by the fact the SNP steamrollered the last Election despite the polls suggesting otherwise.
Rick Draper

17th Sep 14 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

And if iScotland choose to leave the union then why should they be permitted to use the DVLA etc. after all they would be the ones that choose to walk away.
Balling
Premium Member

17th Sep 14 at 10:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there anywhere I can read an objective TL;DR of this whole affair and core arguments of both sides?

Media over here is mostly making it out to be a bit of a joke.

JonnyJ

17th Sep 14 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never mind that Rick, tomorrow is the big day, which way will you be voting?

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
You live in Scotland and it won't be part of Britain when we vote on it!
Rick Draper

17th Sep 14 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

quote:

I was stating that we should have a vote on it seen as it has a massive effect on everyone from England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Sadly that seems wasted on cretins like John.
Hammer

17th Sep 14 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
Is there anywhere I can read an objective TL;DR of this whole affair and core arguments of both sides?

The Wee Blue Book

Better Together
Russ

17th Sep 14 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Yes - close your eyes. Dream a dream. Yes makes it possible
No - carry on as we were and let the Scots run their own shit a bit more.
Hammer

17th Sep 14 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:

Wrong on both accounts.
John

17th Sep 14 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

quote:

I was stating that we should have a vote on it seen as it has a massive effect on everyone from England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Sadly that seems wasted on cretins like John.

No, you thought you had a vote.
Rick Draper

17th Sep 14 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
quote:
quote:

quote:

No, you thought you had a vote.

Sure I did, sure
Rob_Quads

17th Sep 14 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ

Spot on lol
Steve
Premium Member

17th Sep 14 at 12:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically the scots fucking stink
Dom

17th Sep 14 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
...I suggested that's what perceived ....

Fact is, these assets belong to the Union and not a single country. So if anyone is perceiving, be it the 'Yes' campaign or other, that only Scotland and England are involved in the Union then they probably shouldn't be discussing the referendum

quote:
The Wee Blue Book

Why did you not post a link to 'Yes' campaign website (http://www.yesscotland.net/) instead of the biased site you posted?

At least we know where you're getting your 'facts' from though

Hammer

17th Sep 14 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
...I suggested that's what perceived ....

Fact is, these assets belong to the Union and not a single country. So if anyone is perceiving, be it the 'Yes' campaign or other, that only Scotland and England are involved in the Union then they probably shouldn't be discussing the referendum

The picture being painted is England v Scotland, the Welsh and Northern Irish only get a mention when Politicians are being politically correct.

That's the same across the spectrum of voters and campaigners.
Hammer

17th Sep 14 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
Why did you not post a link to 'Yes' campaign website (http://www.yesscotland.net/) instead of the biased site you posted?

At least we know where you're getting your 'facts' from though

Aye because Yes Scotland's website is impartial and unbiased, fucking hell

I posted a link to that website because it is fully referenced to sources; all of which either unbiased or on occasion biased to the other site. I'm unaware of a No campaign equivalent.
GB123
Premium Member

17th Sep 14 at 14:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
They have to decide whether to keep it, or give it away to where their minority status makes them permanently powerless and vulnerable.

That opening quote sounds completely unbiased to me
Skinz

17th Sep 14 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Basically the scots fucking stink

funny how everyone ignored your mega troll

<<  21    22    23    24    25    26    27  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Scotland 23 database queries in 0.1130950 seconds