corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Scotland

New Poll
  <<  20    21    22    23    24    25    26  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Scotland
Ojc

User status: Offline
16th Sep 14 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I won't ever visit Scotland if they go independent, bad enough having to pay to go into Wales
Russ

16th Sep 14 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by stuartmitchell
I'm off to Tenerife tomorrow for 2 weeks mate. It's relentless up here! (Postal votes in )

Hope I come back to the same country. I feel quite lucky to be British and Scottish, would hate that to change! In addition much has been made of Scotland "propping" up the rest of the UK?!? I don't think that's really the case but if it is, I'm quite proud that my Tax is helping those in poverty in England, Wales and N Ireland AND Scotland! Bigger picture in my eyes.

See much of the problem with the SNP is that they strive for a fairer society yet they reduced college places up here by 140000 + LOADS of jobs in Further Education. They then reallocated the budget to allow students to go University for free. The problem? Well only 2-3% of kids in poverty actually go to University with more preferring to go to College for a variety of reasons! I am sure that is mirrored in England too? I see loads of CV's every day of kids who have studied electrical or mechanical engineering at college with very average grades at school who have gone on to do extremely well for themselves. Surely that's the way to create a fairer society?

Let's not forget that many kids go to University and could be funded by their parents or do as you do in England and use student loans! It's a no brainer, better together for me every time!

I can assure you now, you'll come back from Tenerife to the same Country.

Fucking hell

What do you think of the points he's raised though?
he doesnt have an opinion, he has made his funny comment, will come and say something about westminster then go back to reading tea leaves off salmonds ballsack
Russ

16th Sep 14 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
Interesting peice http://wakeupscotland.wordpress.com/2014/09/15/ewan-morrison-yes-why-i-joined-yes-and-why-i-changed-to-no/
that encpsulates the yes campagn perfectly, but some will be too far gone to save

[Edited on 16-09-2014 by Russ]
Hammer

16th Sep 14 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

quote:
Hope I come back to the same country. I feel quite lucky to be British and Scottish, would hate that to change!

Why would it have to? You can have dual citizenship, proper dual citizenship as well. Double lucky.

quote:
In addition much has been made of Scotland "propping" up the rest of the UK?!? I don't think that's really the case but if it is, I'm quite proud that my Tax is helping those in poverty in England, Wales and N Ireland AND Scotland! Bigger picture in my eyes.

It is the case, the factual case not just a fabrication from thin air. http://archive.today/vcQ78

The irony in thinking your tax money is helping the bigger picture is if you actually looked at the bigger picture you would see people feeding their families from food banks whilst millionaire bankers that caused them in the first place continue to pick up bonuses for shafting everyone else. I think your pride is misplaced.

quote:
See much of the problem with the SNP is that they strive for a fairer society yet they reduced college places up here by 140000 + LOADS of jobs in Further Education. They then reallocated the budget to allow students to go University for free. The problem? Well only 2-3% of kids in poverty actually go to University with more preferring to go to College for a variety of reasons! I am sure that is mirrored in England too? I see loads of CV's every day of kids who have studied electrical or mechanical engineering at college with very average grades at school who have gone on to do extremely well for themselves. Surely that's the way to create a fairer society?

Let's not forget that many kids go to University and could be funded by their parents or do as you do in England and use student loans! It's a no brainer, better together for me every time!

We have the highest number of people in Higher Education on record and the current Government are funding College places at a higher level than any other Scottish Government thus far. Not sure where you're getting your hocus pocus figures from?

The problem you are highlighting is poverty not converting those born into poverty into Degree students. If we had control of our own finances we could do something about it but we don't.
Hammer

16th Sep 14 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:
quote:
quote:
I'm off to Tenerife tomorrow for 2 weeks mate. It's relentless up here! (Postal votes in )

Hope I come back to the same country. I feel quite lucky to be British and Scottish, would hate that to change! In addition much has been made of Scotland "propping" up the rest of the UK?!? I don't think that's really the case but if it is, I'm quite proud that my Tax is helping those in poverty in England, Wales and N Ireland AND Scotland! Bigger picture in my eyes.

I can assure you now, you'll come back from Tenerife to the same Country.

Fucking hell

he doesnt have an opinion, he has made his funny comment, will come and say something about westminster then go back to reading tea leaves off salmonds ballsack

I made the funny comment?

I have plenty of opinions, articulated most in this thread. You got anything to add?
Russ

16th Sep 14 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no.

that is the only logical addition to this campaign
Hammer

16th Sep 14 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
no.

that is the only logical addition to this campaign

What campaign? Is this all getting a bit too much for you Russ?

The only logical addition to anything when you don't really know anything is normally nothing.
alan-g-w

16th Sep 14 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There were thousands of college places wiped out Paul, part time courses were worst hit as far as I remember. The merging of colleges means fewer, bigger, classes. I can't remember the guy's name but the education secretery was blasted for it when it all happened.
Russ

16th Sep 14 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i didnt know anything, i'd be voting yes..
Hammer

16th Sep 14 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
There were thousands of college places wiped out Paul, part time courses were worst hit as far as I remember. The merging of colleges means fewer, bigger, classes. I can't remember the guy's name but the education secretery was blasted for it when it all happened.

Blasted from it from whom? His Political opponents point scoring? College funding is at the highest level it has ever been, you can check that yourself it's a fact.

I don't know the details of class sizes or places lost but they are spending more money on Colleges than any other Government has.
Hammer

16th Sep 14 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
if i didnt know anything, i'd be voting yes..

Half the Country clueless the other half well-informed? Interesting theory.
Russ

16th Sep 14 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he's just given you some facts you dont like them, so you throw some other fact his way which makes him seem wrong. love you mcdaid x
Rob_Quads

16th Sep 14 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

textbook Yes campaign answer
Russ

16th Sep 14 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes campaign = textbooks for everyone

stop westminster hoarding textbooks
alan-g-w

16th Sep 14 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Blasted from it from whom? His Political opponents point scoring? College funding is at the highest level it has ever been, you can check that yourself it's a fact.

I don't know the details of class sizes or places lost but they are spending more money on Colleges than any other Government has.

Students' groups blasted thrm, plus there was an outcry from young mothers.

http://www.journal-online.co.uk/article/9741-scottish_government_accused_misleading_parliament this was in the same vein, Mike Russell's the guy I was thinking about.
Hammer

16th Sep 14 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So are you suggesting we should give up the opportunity to choose who runs our Country because the SNP swapped College places for University ones?

Genuine question.
Ste
Premium Member

16th Sep 14 at 22:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So what happens if you get the yes vote through and become independent regarding vehicle registrations? All the jocks who own UKregistered cars, i.e every car in scotland would have to be registered in the new scottish dvla. Will the uk dvla revoke all your personal plates? Also driving licenses and penalty points wil lhave to change too. sounds like a very expensive set-up cost to the new scotland!

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Hammer

16th Sep 14 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste
So what happens if you get the yes vote through and become independent regarding vehicle registrations? All the jocks who own UKregistered cars, i.e every car in scotland would have to be registered in the new scottish dvla. Will the uk dvla revoke all your personal plates? Also driving licenses and penalty points wil lhave to change too. sounds like a very expensive set-up cost to the new scotland!

The DVLA is self-funded through user fees, Scottish people pay their fair share as it is. Independence just gives us the opportunity to streamline the DVLA, DSA, VOSA etc...

We are also not the first Country to gain Independence and face these issues but we are one of the richest. I don't think set up costs would be a problem, relatively, after the period we'd continue to use the DVLA as we do.
p

17th Sep 14 at 01:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon they're going to lose it on a seriously tight majority. Still, not sure what the implications to me would be if they did go independent.
alan-g-w

17th Sep 14 at 05:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
So are you suggesting we should give up the opportunity to choose who runs our Country because the SNP swapped College places for University ones?

Genuine question.

I'm suggesting that we shouldn't be following the guy who's been found to be lying on more than one occasion into battle. It's very easy to turn around on one little point and ask the question you just did - the fact is it's one of many reasons I'm voting No.

[Edited on 17-09-2014 by alan-g-w]
Russ

17th Sep 14 at 06:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So many unanswered questions, so many dreams, all risked on one man's promises, even when dreams contradict, the yes vote will make it happen
Cavey

17th Sep 14 at 06:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At least we won't have to hear about the Scottish league cup second round on the news if they get independence
Hammer

17th Sep 14 at 07:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Genuine question.

I'm suggesting that we shouldn't be following the guy who's been found to be lying on more than one occasion into battle. It's very easy to turn around on one little point and ask the question you just did - the fact is it's one of many reasons I'm voting No.

[Edited on 17-09-2014 by alan-g-w]

That's fair enough, don't make it because you don't like Salmond though - that is stupid.
mwg

17th Sep 14 at 08:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ste

The DVLA is self-funded through user fees, Scottish people pay their fair share as it is. Independence just gives us the opportunity to streamline the DVLA, DSA, VOSA etc...

We are also not the first Country to gain Independence and face these issues but we are one of the richest. I don't think set up costs would be a problem, relatively, after the period we'd continue to use the DVLA as we do.

This is what I don't get, you want to be independent but then you want to keep using some of the same stuff that you do now. Doesn't seem very independent.
Hammer

17th Sep 14 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ste

This is what I don't get, you want to be independent but then you want to keep using some of the same stuff that you do now. Doesn't seem very independent.

That 'same stuff' is as much ours as it is the citizens of any other Country in Great Britain. It is an incorrect perception that everything is England's and they just let us, the Welsh and the Northern Irish use it. What if we become Independent and then tell everyone else to stop using the DVLA or Pound Sterling? You'd laugh and rightly so.

It will be in the interim anyway, we can't declare Independence then start from scratch on day one. Common sense surely?

<<  20    21    22    23    24    25    26  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Scotland 23 database queries in 0.1440332 seconds