corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Scotland

New Poll
  <<  19    20    21    22    23    24    25  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Scotland
smcGSI16V

User status: Offline
15th Sep 14 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
I think I'd prefer more answers at this point though rather than assumptions and unanswered questions. That goes for both parties by the way.

What are England going to do IF Scotland leaves? It should not just be what are Scotland going to do should they gain independance

This.

There are far to many assumptions and unanswered questions to make an informed opinion, I think for both sides.

Hell, if I was Scottish, just going by the debates on the tele and info I have read, I would be voting no.
Hammer

15th Sep 14 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
them and us.....

Imagine you are Scottish for a second. We do get treated like second class citizens by some, and told what to do and when by a government not of our choosing in another country so I know where some of the ill feeling comes from. Its not as bad as it used to be (hatred of English in certain areas) but it still exists

I can completely understand the principles behind wanting our own country back. I think I'd prefer more answers at this point though rather than assumptions and unanswered questions. That goes for both parties by the way.

What are England going to do IF Scotland leaves? It should not just be what are Scotland going to do should they gain independance

I've lived in Scotland for 30 years and have frequented some of the biggest shitholes in that time. I've never once came across genuine anti-English sentiment or thinly veiled racism other than banter between mates. I don't think Scotland hates England as much as England thinks it does.

I agree I'd like more answers as well but I'm also aware we're in the middle of a dogfight and for concrete answers we'd need agreement between both sides which isn't going to happen. I think the assumptions the Yes campaign are making are based on common sense and logic, there is no other realistic option than a Currency Union but either way we will remain using the Pound as its ours as much as anyone else's.
AK

15th Sep 14 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think we're too young to know/remember some of the real issues (Thatcher etc)
Hammer

15th Sep 14 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
I think we're too young to know/remember some of the real issues (Thatcher etc)

Which begs the question why are the demographic that were our age through that time voting No for the most part?

More scared of change than wanting to right the wrongs of the past. Slightly understandable when they're being wrongly advised their pensions are at risk when the DWP states unequivocally the opposite.
AK

15th Sep 14 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Isnt it more of a geographical though? I know (or have the notion of) a heap more yes voters from the South/West than the North/East.

Hard to pin point really... but read some right bullshit of a article/blog that stated Aberdeen was 80% in favour of Yes.

Complete bullshit targeted/leading analysis.... in a deprived shit-hole area only.

It provides the bullshit figures that both sides are pedaling.

Why o Why did Cameron fuck up and not give/allow/grant a 'Devo Max' option on the ballot paper.

More powers to Scotland, without the upheaval.
RichR
Premium Member

15th Sep 14 at 13:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Remember that with your current assembly, you have a degree of say over Scottish affairs, as do Wales and NI. England however has only the Westminster and not an England only assembly; to that end, we already have the worst end of the stick.
stuartmitchell

15th Sep 14 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Is it true your housing market is starting to collapse?

The fact that solicitors are in Edinburgh are making offers on houses on behalf of their clients subject to a NO Vote speaks volumes mate. I live on a new build estate and they are toiling to sell anything just now too.

I keep thinking i'm missing something with the YES campaign. I've heard the replies of, it will be better for those in poverty and create a more "equal society". Well, Norway still has 75000 kids in poverty against a population of 5 million (and that's on the rise). One of the wealthiest countries in the world too

Also the scaremongering thing is pissing me right off. It's called due diligence or risk assessment if you will. If Scotland was a business no potential buyer would touch this place given the lack of answers to fundamental questions. Above anything else they wouldn't know what currency to buy it in

Finally, I wish folk up here would stop calling it #indyscotland. Makes it sound like a shite concert

Ps. I'm voting No btw
Ben G

15th Sep 14 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hashtagging that's when you know it's bad.
stuartmitchell

15th Sep 14 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm off to Tenerife tomorrow for 2 weeks mate. It's relentless up here! (Postal votes in )

Hope I come back to the same country. I feel quite lucky to be British and Scottish, would hate that to change! In addition much has been made of Scotland "propping" up the rest of the UK?!? I don't think that's really the case but if it is, I'm quite proud that my Tax is helping those in poverty in England, Wales and N Ireland AND Scotland! Bigger picture in my eyes.

See much of the problem with the SNP is that they strive for a fairer society yet they reduced college places up here by 140000 + LOADS of jobs in Further Education. They then reallocated the budget to allow students to go University for free. The problem? Well only 2-3% of kids in poverty actually go to University with more preferring to go to College for a variety of reasons! I am sure that is mirrored in England too? I see loads of CV's every day of kids who have studied electrical or mechanical engineering at college with very average grades at school who have gone on to do extremely well for themselves. Surely that's the way to create a fairer society?

Let's not forget that many kids go to University and could be funded by their parents or do as you do in England and use student loans! It's a no brainer, better together for me every time!
Tiger

15th Sep 14 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who gives a monkeys, what will be will be. The decision's already made, it'll just be made to look like there was some choice in it. After a week, no-one will know the difference anyway, the Scottish don't us and we don't need them.
John

15th Sep 14 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The decision isn't already made in the way you suggest. The vote won't be rigged
Nismo

15th Sep 14 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it goes YES what will happen to the Union Jack
John

15th Sep 14 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it goes yes who cares wtf happens to the union jack? Keep it.
Nismo

15th Sep 14 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Part of it is the St Andrews Cross of Scotland surely that would not stay

Hammer

15th Sep 14 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stuartmitchell
I'm off to Tenerife tomorrow for 2 weeks mate. It's relentless up here! (Postal votes in )

Hope I come back to the same country. I feel quite lucky to be British and Scottish, would hate that to change! In addition much has been made of Scotland "propping" up the rest of the UK?!? I don't think that's really the case but if it is, I'm quite proud that my Tax is helping those in poverty in England, Wales and N Ireland AND Scotland! Bigger picture in my eyes.

See much of the problem with the SNP is that they strive for a fairer society yet they reduced college places up here by 140000 + LOADS of jobs in Further Education. They then reallocated the budget to allow students to go University for free. The problem? Well only 2-3% of kids in poverty actually go to University with more preferring to go to College for a variety of reasons! I am sure that is mirrored in England too? I see loads of CV's every day of kids who have studied electrical or mechanical engineering at college with very average grades at school who have gone on to do extremely well for themselves. Surely that's the way to create a fairer society?

Let's not forget that many kids go to University and could be funded by their parents or do as you do in England and use student loans! It's a no brainer, better together for me every time!

I can assure you now, you'll come back from Tenerife to the same Country.

Fucking hell
taylorboosh

15th Sep 14 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was just jesting on the last page - i quite like scottish people on the whole and think a lit of it is quite stunning - a lot if english mongs think im scottish regardless... Meh id rather stay together but lets see what happens
Tiger

15th Sep 14 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
The decision isn't already made in the way you suggest. The vote won't be rigged

No but the outcome will be pre planned long ago. Problem Reaction Solution.
John

15th Sep 14 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How can the outcome be pre planned? Other than some sort of psychological engineering, which I don't give either government enough credit for, the only other option is a rigged election.
GB123
Premium Member

16th Sep 14 at 09:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aliens
Ben G

16th Sep 14 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[Edited on 16-09-2014 by Ben G]
Brett
Premium Member

16th Sep 14 at 09:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alan-g-w

16th Sep 14 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by stuartmitchell

I can assure you now, you'll come back from Tenerife to the same Country.

Fucking hell

What do you think of the points he's raised though?
Rob_Quads

16th Sep 14 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting peice http://wakeupscotland.wordpress.com/2014/09/15/ewan-morrison-yes-why-i-joined-yes-and-why-i-changed-to-no/
Steve
Premium Member

16th Sep 14 at 17:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol everything he talks about is exactly how hammer has been behaving in here
Ojc

16th Sep 14 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't wait to see St George cross burnt in Govan

<<  19    20    21    22    23    24    25  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Scotland 22 database queries in 0.2585831 seconds