corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Scotland

New Poll
  <<  16    17    18    19    20    21    22  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Scotland
Hammer

User status: Offline
12th Sep 14 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
Relocation was the wrong word to use, you are correct with re-registering. However, if that had little to no impact on the future for an independent Scotland I'm sure Salmond wouldn't be so pissed off about it.

Pissed off? He has been proven to be correct in questioning rules being broken. Not sure how he that can be turned on him?
Pop

12th Sep 14 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here's a good summary of why they will re-domicile.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-29160255

Loss of tax revenue from the largest banks would be a bit of a sore one. However, once finances had stabilised in Scotland they may look to provide an attractive option to lure them back.
Hammer

12th Sep 14 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jobs and processes will remain despite moving a brass plaque a couple of hundred miles away. Tax is paid in the Country where the transactions take place not where the registered office is. Scaremongering and lies being lapped up by the gullible.
Pop

12th Sep 14 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So why is Salmond so upset about it then? - serious question
Hammer

12th Sep 14 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Upset? He had concerns about rules being broken during a Referendum campaign which have since been proven to be correct concerns. He's been wholly vindicated.

The reason he called out the British Broadcasting Corporation in the first place is due to it breaching its supposed impartiality. They do not want the Union broken and they aren't being very subtle about it. When have you ever heard or seen a BBC reporter heckling someone at an International Media press conference? Amateurish and embarrassing from them.
Pop

12th Sep 14 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Believe me or not, I'm not trying to wind you up. I'm always interested in others views. If everyone sat on the fence life would be boring, but at times peoples views can be blinkered.

I've just found an interesting blog which is refreshingly unbiased. It covers off the bank re-domiciling debate on both sides.

http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2014/09/12/how-scotland-could-be-better-off-without-its-big-banks/
John

12th Sep 14 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BBC have been less than impartial for a while, only a few years ago they were a reliable world renowned news outlet.
p

12th Sep 14 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
BBC have been less than impartial for a while, only a few years ago they were a reliable world renowned news outlet.

Bullshit. BBC have been pro labour and on the left for god knows how long now. Google some of it, might surprise you
John

12th Sep 14 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not even meaning this in particular, its in general, just not what they once were.
Rick Draper

12th Sep 14 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ITV broke the RBS story and the BBC just picked it up, ran with it and got it in the neck off Salmond.
Hammer

12th Sep 14 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nick Robinson got it in the neck off Salmond because the BBC stuck an article online which stated Westminster officials broke rules. In the interim it has been proven to be a factually correct article and Salmond's concerns have been vindicated.

Robinson, after being put in his place, resorted to heckling Salmond when he tried to answer further questions. Amateurish and embarrassing from our National, impartial, broadcaster.
Russ

13th Sep 14 at 07:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Pop
It was underhand what they did, but clearly it was RBS's intention to relocate following a Yes vote. Lloyds, Clydesdale and Standard Life in the mix too.

They'll change the registered address on their letterheads it is a technical procedure, non-story.

Lloyds relocating from Scotland to London has been the best story though. Their headquarters are IN London
fucking hell
ShEp

13th Sep 14 at 07:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The banks is great news.

Means we still get to use the banks, and the English tax payers have to look after them
Russ

13th Sep 14 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

let's just hope you dont have mortgage or pension fund thought eh
Hammer

13th Sep 14 at 08:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Pop
It was underhand what they did, but clearly it was RBS's intention to relocate following a Yes vote. Lloyds, Clydesdale and Standard Life in the mix too.

They'll change the registered address on their letterheads it is a technical procedure, non-story.

Lloyds relocating from Scotland to London has been the best story though. Their headquarters are IN London
fucking hell

irony. I don't have a reply so here's a funny picture from the internet.

Well played, well played.
Hammer

13th Sep 14 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Why? Neither will change. Source - the provider of the mortgages and pension funds.
Russ

13th Sep 14 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks, knew you would like it x
Stu_22

13th Sep 14 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Russ

13th Sep 14 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Why? Neither will change. Source - the provider of the mortgages and pension funds.
Hammer

13th Sep 14 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No reply again I see, best stick to the back pages of the Daily Mail rather than the front
Russ

13th Sep 14 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best stick to youtube videos of rainbows over rivers of irn bru. then you wont have to worry about the real issues. i left some topics of discussion in the first post, where i picked up where you had spoke about ROI business 'booming' and when i questioned it, you said 'the ghost towns were 2 years ago" wrong. they are still pulling them down now and the ones that still stand are being snapped up by investors for nothing - you claimed i was wrong, because you didnt like this answer.
you then said, what does this have to do with scotland - nothing, nothing at all. but i was just correcting your wrong information, this is what you seem to want to do, correct 'wrong' information that doesn't fit with your beliefs

your argument is literally "but salmond said this"

i dont mind if you get independence, doesn't affect me south of the wall, in kings landing. i have friends with property business's in scotland, and i'd hate for them to lose what they have built up for.

can scotland survive as an independent country - yes of course, there's 7 million people, a supply of fuel and scotch to export.

do i think this is the right time for this to happen.. no
AK

13th Sep 14 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You are severely delusional if you think Scotland becoming independent will have no effect on England.
Hammer

13th Sep 14 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
best stick to youtube videos of rainbows over rivers of irn bru. then you wont have to worry about the real issues. i left some topics of discussion in the first post, where i picked up where you had spoke about ROI business 'booming' and when i questioned it, you said 'the ghost towns were 2 years ago" wrong. they are still pulling them down now and the ones that still stand are being snapped up by investors for nothing - you claimed i was wrong, because you didnt like this answer.
you then said, what does this have to do with scotland - nothing, nothing at all. but i was just correcting your wrong information, this is what you seem to want to do, correct 'wrong' information that doesn't fit with your beliefs

your argument is literally "but salmond said this"

i dont mind if you get independence, doesn't affect me south of the wall, in kings landing. i have friends with property business's in scotland, and i'd hate for them to lose what they have built up for.

can scotland survive as an independent country - yes of course, there's 7 million people, a supply of fuel and scotch to export.

do i think this is the right time for this to happen.. no

Firstly, don't patronise me. I've never voted SNP, think Salmond is an arrogant dick and will be voting for a proper party when we finaly get to decide who governs us. Incorrect assumption which has made you look a little silly.

Secondly, what I said is factually correct as I've reiterated already. I spent months of every year in Ireland up until the age of 16 and my family still owns a home not far across the Norther Irish border. I'm acutely aware of their financial situation both before and after 2008. You simply didn't and clearly still don't understand my point which was not related in any way to Ireland being 'alone' and thriving. It was purely the fact Google and other technological giants are choosing to base themselves there in mult-million HQ's because of lax tax regulations designed to get them there. In that respect the economy is experiencing growth and yes, at this point, is thriving.

Lastly, your biggest issue is actually the antitheses of what you are trying to convey. If Scotland becomes independent England is the biggest loser and it hurts for people in England to accept that. English people have gotten used to be the Kings of the Realm and having a wee ankle biter of a Country nipping at you hurts. That's ok, admit it, your pride will take a hit if we decide we're better off without you.
Russ

13th Sep 14 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're right. Please don't go.
Russ

13th Sep 14 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry. Wasn't supposed to patronise, oops.

<<  16    17    18    19    20    21    22  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Scotland 22 database queries in 0.0194440 seconds