corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Scotland

New Poll
  <<  23    24    25    26    27    28    29  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Scotland
Pop

User status: Offline
17th Sep 14 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone think that if they vote Yes, there is a chance that all the upheaval will put both the UK and Scotland back into a recession?
JonnyJ

17th Sep 14 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There will be a lot of instability while the details are worked out. Whether that could put us back in recession I'm not sure.
Hammer

17th Sep 14 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Whats really going to make you want to scrub yourself in the bath like a victim of an unthinkable crime is the fact you have probably been unknowingly sat watching the news nodding away in agreement with Rangers fans who you despise. Despise Hamsy, DESPISE.

I have massive respect for Yes voters that support the Club formerly known as Rangers. They understand, as I do, this has absolutely fuck all to do with football and anyone that votes Yes or No based on what football team they support needs their baws chopped off.
Hammer

17th Sep 14 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Originally posted by Pop
Will the result be announced tomorrow night?

Friday morning most likely

6 or 7 am we're being told.
baza31

17th Sep 14 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe the yes vote is what both English and Scottish people need . I think it's about time the people started running both country's rather than these jumped up politicians that do as they please . Let's face it who do you know that's doing really well in life? . I do think we are totally controlled by the powers that be ,by keeping everyone thinking there is no money to spend ie recession after recession then all out basic living costs getting hiked through the roof . If they control our finances they control our freedom . I know it all sounds a bit extreme but I welcome a big shake up . If it all goes to shit the people will have to unite and make them bring Scotland and England back together. Flame suit fully zipped up
andy1868

17th Sep 14 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So if the union breaks up are the English getting custody of Wales? With the Scottish getting them every other weekend? So sad when I household breaks up. It sometimes it's for the best
John

17th Sep 14 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
Maybe the yes vote is what both English and Scottish people need . I think it's about time the people started running both country's rather than these jumped up politicians that do as they please . Let's face it who do you know that's doing really well in life? . I do think we are totally controlled by the powers that be ,by keeping everyone thinking there is no money to spend ie recession after recession then all out basic living costs getting hiked through the roof . If they control our finances they control our freedom . I know it all sounds a bit extreme but I welcome a big shake up . If it all goes to shit the people will have to unite and make them bring Scotland and England back together. Flame suit fully zipped up

You don't need a flame suit, you're an idiot.
andy1868

17th Sep 14 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So john what you mean to say is that if the yes vote goes through The UK government AREN'T going to see the error of their ways , change the way they behave and we aren't all (south of the border) going to live happily ever?

[Edited on 17-09-2014 by andy1868]
Hammer

17th Sep 14 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andy1868
So if the union breaks up are the English getting custody of Wales? With the Scottish getting them every other weekend? So sad when I household breaks up. It sometimes it's for the best

We'll take Wales, you can have Northern Ireland - we wash our hands of that particular fuck up.
John

17th Sep 14 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Baza can't comprehend a fraction of what's been disxussed in here. He couldn't make an informed decision in either direction even if every single statement from both sides was completely factual.

That leads onto what my whole problem has been from the start. I dont trust any of them and unfortunately I'm erring on the side of better the devil you know.

I don't think the majority of people can make a truly informed decision, I certainly don't have enough facts to be particularly confident and because its not something I'm interested in generally, don't have the time or inclination to find out who's telling the truth.
Ste
Premium Member

17th Sep 14 at 22:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still far too many Scots who hate the English because of shit that happened hundreds of years ago.

I personally like Scotland and have many Scottish mates but there are far too many who have a misguided belief that they are 'ruled' by the English when in fact we are a union and the union balances itself out more fairly than a split country.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Cavey

17th Sep 14 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not a fan of the Scots, for no real reason, guess it was just how I was raised.

If I was Scottish my immideate choice would be to vote Yes, but then I'd like to think I'd be sensible, look into it, and vote No. Either way, there's nothing I can do about it, so go enjoy your polls, and have fun with whatever you're left with once it happens.

Either way you'll supposedly be getting more choice in your future than before

[Edited on 17-09-2014 by Cavey]
Hammer

17th Sep 14 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As I said in this thread already, I've lived here for 30 years the anti-English sentiment you are suggesting purely and simply does not exist. In any way, shape or form whatsoever.
Ben G

17th Sep 14 at 23:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So does my other half need a Scottish passport if they become independent, or does she get to choose between either a British or Scottish passport?

[Edited on 17-09-2014 by Ben G]
Russ

18th Sep 14 at 06:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
As I said in this thread already, I've lived here for 30 years the anti-English sentiment you are suggesting purely and simply does not exist. In any way, shape or form whatsoever.
Russ

18th Sep 14 at 06:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as pop idol has proven before, never trust scotch with a vote
baza31

18th Sep 14 at 07:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Baza can't comprehend a fraction of what's been disxussed in here. He couldn't make an informed decision in either direction even if every single statement from both sides was completely factual.

That leads onto what my whole problem has been from the start. I dont trust any of them and unfortunately I'm erring on the side of better the devil you know.

I don't think the majority of people can make a truly informed decision, I certainly don't have enough facts to be particularly confident and because its not something I'm interested in generally, don't have the time or inclination to find out who's telling the truth.

That's strong coming from you . Also I have no interest in what's been 'disxussed' in here between a group of people that don't really know what's going on themselves . Simply because I don't give a fuck .
Hammer

18th Sep 14 at 07:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:

You may be an irritant but you're harmless.
Hammer

18th Sep 14 at 07:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
as pop idol has proven before, never trust scotch with a vote

If generic, pish, reality TV has taught you anything - never back against the Scots voting for their own.
JonnyJ

18th Sep 14 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

You can laugh, but in the 18 months I've lived here I've not had one single anti English comment thing said to me and everyone has made me feel welcome.

The Scottish are lovely folk, it's kind of been embarrassing to be English to see all the anti Scottish shite that's been peddled over these last few months.
mwg

18th Sep 14 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
Does anyone think that if they vote Yes, there is a chance that all the upheaval will put both the UK and Scotland back into a recession?

That's the main thing that bothers me
John

18th Sep 14 at 08:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have to back Hammer up here, apart from the jesting between mates that's already been mentioned, the general public don't walk about hating anything English.
Pop

18th Sep 14 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having lived and worked in Scotland I never had any issues. Anything said was done in jest with no malicious intent.

If anything, all the hatred I saw was between the Scots. This is no different to England.
Reecemac

18th Sep 14 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't care either way, if Scotland wants independence so be it, although Salmond comes across as a complete cunt . . .

Still think there are issues for Scotland that don't seem to have been thought through echoed by the message I was sent earlier "Finally we cannot keep the pound in its current form as it would be run by a foreign entity,we would need to create our own independent Bank of Scotland, good luck with that one.If we had been independent 7 years ago our 2 majors banks would have gone bankrupt and like Iceland our currency,our bonds,our assets would be worth f*ck all,be careful what you wish for."
Russ

18th Sep 14 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

You may be an irritant but you're harmless.
thats what the judge said

<<  23    24    25    26    27    28    29  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Scotland 23 database queries in 0.0985680 seconds