corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My black 1998 1.4 sport on Porsche twist reps,with low mileage and FSH. (CAR NOW GONE!!!)

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My black 1998 1.4 sport on Porsche twist reps,with low mileage and FSH. (CAR NOW GONE!!!)
BenC1985

User status: Offline
4th May 13 at 06:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very small update for this morning. I went outside last night and took the Vauxhall badge off my steering wheel, and fitted my Opel sticker/badge. Only thing is the sticky stuff on the back was crap and i ended up using super glue. Lol Im not 100% happy but its going to look better thsn having the Vauxhall badge when the rest is Opel. And before anyone says its not 100% straight i know thats why im not happy.lol
kylesri

4th May 13 at 07:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good update it doesnt look that bad mate probly wouldnt of noticed until you said about it
BenC1985

4th May 13 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well went work today and finished early so decided to pop to my mums and fit the remaining Opel bits i had.
First off my Opel bootlock badge i bought new from autovaux.

Then my brand new Opel rear mud flaps

So thats the Opelising done. Only thing is the rear badge, the sticky stuff isnt great and im worried it will fall off so ive got it in the car and ill glue it on with super glue later to make sure it stays on. And also you can partly see the old Vauxhall badge behind it up close. But that maybe because im fussy. Haha
kylesri

4th May 13 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks great mate i wish mine looked this lean
BeetleGav

4th May 13 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Opel badge stuck fine. It doesn't seem good but it was a bugger to get off

Don't remove it or superglue it, the glue shows up
BenC1985

4th May 13 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeetleGav
My Opel badge stuck fine. It doesn't seem good but it was a bugger to get off

Don't remove it or superglue it, the glue shows up

Seriously it wasent sticking one bit. If i hadent of removed it, it would have fell off before i got back to my girlfriends flat. Lol I have glued it on with a very tiny amount of this awesome super glue i got. No glue is visable where ive put it on and its not budging at all now. Do you know if you can buy just the bootlock surround brand new without a badge because its annoying me that the old Vauxhall badge is sorta visable. Not in the pics but close up you can.
BeetleGav

4th May 13 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It'll disappear eventually mine did. It annoyed me too.
BeetleGav

4th May 13 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you clean it with white spirit first?
BenC1985

4th May 13 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No i stupidly thought at first that the badge was mainly held on with the lugs. But after cleaning it with autoglym bumper care when i took the vauxhall badge off i realised the opel badge actually stuck on too. Lol my fault really but i did clean the bootlock with a cloth and even tried using a heat gun on it to get rid of the vauxhall badge mark so by the time id done that there was no bumper care stuff on it. And the badge still didnt stick. Its ok its on now and no super glue is visable trust me. Just the mark from the old vauxhall badge. Lol
ArdenblueDan

4th May 13 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks really nice mate
shadyche

4th May 13 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks the dogs pal!
BenC1985

4th May 13 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well it would be if it was shiney. Lol It will be washed tommorow as its the only thing i do every sunday without fail.

[Edited on 04-05-2013 by BenC1985]
Adam C
Premium Member

4th May 13 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice job Opelising, started Opelising mine a while ago and didn't think of ordering the Opel stuff through Autovaux, may have to give it a go.

I had the same steering wheel badge as you but I couldn't bring myself to fit it.
Now wondering, if you got the other Opel stuff from them then could they get the origional Opel steering wheel badges aswell?

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
BenC1985

4th May 13 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I only got the bootlock badge from autovaux because i couldnt find one anywhere. And Shadyche told me they sold them so i rang them and ordered it. I got the brand new mud guards off addiliser off here. The grill came off gidget500 second hand. The engine cover off gav93 second hand. And i was really struggling to find a badge for my steering wheel,autovaux said they couldnt get one so ordered that one off ebay and it turned up with an invoice from LMF.lol The steering wheel is only temporary untill i find a genuine Opel airbag.
BenC1985

5th May 13 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I gave my car its weekly wash today and got some half sharp pics on my phone while it was shiney. Here they are

ArdenblueDan

5th May 13 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks stunning matey
M Sutton

5th May 13 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice
Christopher

5th May 13 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awsome buddy! Looks sooooo clean
BenC1985

5th May 13 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks people. Next things to be done before pvs are get my 256mm brakes on and new rear shoes and the boot and bonnet painted. Boot to get rid of them stupid marks from the badges,and im in two minds wether to get the wiper removed. And the bonnet to just get rid of a small amount of rust off the front edge and theres a few deep scratches and stone chips. While the cars having that done paintless dent removal on both the sides then the whole lot mopped to bring it back to new. Then it will be mot/service time and then tune the engine a tiny bit to make it a bit nippier.
BenC1985

11th May 13 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Today the plan was to have all the brakes changed. Got up at 8am and dropped the car off to my mate to fit the 256mm discs,pads and calipers and new rear shoes. They are only open till 1pm normally so i thought that would be loads of time. Lol went down there for him to say he didnt have time to do the rear shoes. Got the fronts done and all bled and they feel alot better but because there brand new pads its a bit scary at the moment. Lol In a way im glad the rear shoes havent been done as id have no braking power at all. Heres two crap pics ive taken of the fronts.

Yes i know im missing my valve caps because some pikey kids knicked them while my car was parked at work lol And i will be repainting the calipers but not sure what colour?? Maybe just black tbh
AlexW

11th May 13 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the way this sits.

Silver for the calipers, keeps it oem looking. I'd paint the disc centres too.

Noticed in the steering wheel pics, you need a leather wheel, those rubber ones are nasty.
gav93

11th May 13 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup hammerite smooth silver on them buddy looking great see you at PVS
BenC1985

13th May 13 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paintless dent removal all done this morning, by a company called Body poppers ltd. Based in Northants and i would recommend him to anyone. Heres some pics i took to try and show some of the dents(not all) before he started.

And just a cheeky shot of my car and his van together

His vans pretty damn cool too. Rolling on 20's with cool graphics

Im a very happy chappy. Now just to get my boot and bonnet painted end of the week and give it a spit shine before pvs so it looks good on the stand.
BenC1985

13th May 13 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and over the weekend i took ten mins out of my day to fit these that i got off ebay cheap. Irmscher door pins. The o-rings were shagged but luckily i had some more at home so fitted some new ones.
kylesri

13th May 13 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks great mate what polishes are you using? and also the lips on the wheels look great

<<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My black 1998 1.4 sport on Porsche twist reps,with low mileage and FSH. (CAR NOW GONE!!!) 24 database queries in 0.2341299 seconds