corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My black 1998 1.4 sport on Porsche twist reps,with low mileage and FSH. (CAR NOW GONE!!!)

New Poll
  <<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My black 1998 1.4 sport on Porsche twist reps,with low mileage and FSH. (CAR NOW GONE!!!)
Christopher

User status: Offline
13th May 13 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No pictures of it done? You numpty! Hahaha shall look excellent thought buddy! cant wait to see this at pvs
BenC1985

13th May 13 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not sure what polishes to use. Lol While the car is having the boot and bonnet paint,Greame off here (whos doing the painting) is gonna mop the whole car with cutting compound then polish it and wax it all with a machine polisher to get rid of most of the swirl marks and small scratches. So i doubt i will really need to polish it much before pvs. But i more than likely will polish and wax it on the saturday before pvs. Might have to order some new cleaning products but theres too many to choose from lol
BenC1985

13th May 13 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Christopher
No pictures of it done? You numpty! Hahaha shall look excellent thought buddy! cant wait to see this at pvs

I was working so had to just run down and check it and pay the bloke and go and carry on working. Lol Then when i left work its pissing it down so once its clean again ill put some pics up. I admit im a numpty. Haha
Graeme
Premium Member

13th May 13 at 16:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Carry (bodypoppers) is very good. Done some amazing work for us over the past.
kylesri

13th May 13 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will look great once mopped i always use autoglym to do mine but never get the shine you have seems quite dull
nibnob21
Premium Member

13th May 13 at 18:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What sort of price did you pay for the dents to be removed? I have a few small ones on my car I may consider getting sorted.

MX5 Project Thread
BenC1985

13th May 13 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I paid £90 for him to do a handfull on each rear quarter panel and one on each front wing and maybe one or two off each door. He was going to do two tiny hardly noticable dents on the roof but it would have meant the roof lining coming off, or some power to use glue and he done it while i was working on a building site so it wasent possible. He said if i really want them two tiny dents off the roof he can do it at my house where power is available. There was also a dent on the bonnet that he couldnt do because the frame of the bonnet was in the way. But Greame is painting it so can be done with filler. Seriously impressive stuff to watch really and im really happy with the outcome.

[Edited on 13-05-2013 by BenC1985]
BenC1985

14th May 13 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More Opel bits to finish the car off. Some thieving little kids nicked my smiley face dice dust caps. So i looked on ebay and ordered these for £2.54 delivered from China. Lol

All fitted, like to see the kids nick them now. Lol

nibnob21
Premium Member

14th May 13 at 16:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be careful with cheap locking valve caps. I bought a set of wheels once that used them and they'd rusted so I couldn't get them off. Ended up having to pay a garage to replace all of the valves.

MX5 Project Thread
BenC1985

14th May 13 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the heads up. I might take them back off and use some sort of grease on them to stop that happening. Lol
BeetleGav

14th May 13 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love this car soooo much! Have to say though, you need a nice back box or something!
BenC1985

14th May 13 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeetleGav
I love this car soooo much! Have to say though, you need a nice back box or something!

You cant love it more than me. Lol And how weird that you say that. When i dropped my bros bday card off to him yesterday he mentioned it and i agreed. Lol not sure what style or size though. Was thinking 3" outward rolled sportex. But thinking it may be a bit big.
nibnob21
Premium Member

14th May 13 at 17:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With regards to the caps, beware of the grub screw itself getting rusty too. They may be fine but just something to keep your eye on.

3" isn't that big to be honest. Anything bigger starts looking silly though. I personally prefer inward rolled tips, the 3" outward rolled tips are incredibly common.

MX5 Project Thread
BeetleGav

14th May 13 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BenC1985
quote:
Originally posted by BeetleGav

You cant love it more than me. Lol And how weird that you say that. When i dropped my bros bday card off to him yesterday he mentioned it and i agreed. Lol not sure what style or size though. Was thinking 3" outward rolled sportex. But thinking it may be a bit big.

That's what I had on mine it looks perfect aslong as its pulled up tightly to the bumper
Miss mine
BeetleGav

14th May 13 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here was mine

BenC1985

14th May 13 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need one. Looks nice that. I know a few people on here have them. Id be interested to know are they loud? Thats the main reason i kept my standard back box for so long. Lol
nibnob21
Premium Member

14th May 13 at 18:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could always wait and have a proper look/listen at PVS so you can have a proper informed decision over what you want.

MX5 Project Thread
BenC1985

14th May 13 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will do more than likely. Would be nice to have a shiney exhaust on my car to finish it off before pvs but id rather make the right decision tbh.
BeetleGav

14th May 13 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine was loud but I had a race tube aswel I loved it

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w93/gaaavin/9711F95A-CAEA-4B52-A6DA-4292DA8D1219-50762-0000284D05411FC7.mp4
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w93/gaaavin/DSCN0499.mp4

[Edited on 14-05-2013 by BeetleGav]
Christopher

14th May 13 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a silenced centre section and a 3inch back box from sportex and was fairly quiet which was annoying as i wanted the rasp! :/
Vaux-Dan
Premium Member

14th May 13 at 19:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks well mate

ive got a decat with racetube and 4" rolled out back box and it's LOUD pops and bangs when down shifting
BenC1985

15th May 13 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well that was a suprise. Went garage on my way to work to get fuel, and realised im missing my fuel cap. Lol What happened was the paintless dent removal guy removed the fuel flap and cap to get to one of the dents and accidently took it with him lol. All is good because he is bringing it back to me in a bit. Thank f**k for that.
Haimsey
Premium Member

15th May 13 at 10:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

random

Looking good. One of my favs on this site.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
BenC1985

15th May 13 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Haimsey
random

Looking good. One of my favs on this site.

I know i can be random.lol Your car is one of my favourites on here too. I couldnt find a decent white sport or i would have got one instead of my black one. Lol
Jason x
Premium Member

15th May 13 at 11:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a 3" Sportex backbox on mine with everything else standard not loud at all but mine is a 1.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVvlWjvHXd8

<<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My black 1998 1.4 sport on Porsche twist reps,with low mileage and FSH. (CAR NOW GONE!!!) 24 database queries in 0.0411320 seconds