corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My black 1998 1.4 sport on Porsche twist reps,with low mileage and FSH. (CAR NOW GONE!!!)

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My black 1998 1.4 sport on Porsche twist reps,with low mileage and FSH. (CAR NOW GONE!!!)
kylesri

User status: Offline
12th Mar 13 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks the nuts mate them wheels really suit it
BenC1985

13th Mar 13 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Decided to take the badges off the back of my car today. Typical with me i didnt start at a very good time and it ended up dark by the time id finished. Lol heres a crappy photo

The only problem is that when i took the right hand badges off i fould it left some weird marks which annoyed me and made me wonder why i bothered.lol
Heres the pic of the marks, same on the other side but it was too dark to get a pic.
Christopher

13th Mar 13 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Use some petrol on a cloth to get that off buddy, if not it may need a caramel wheel! But looks far better in my eyes!
chrisr195

13th Mar 13 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it did that for me i used T-cut came off striaght away then
BenC1985

13th Mar 13 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive tried petrol(well lighter fluid) auto glym tar remover,all sorts of polish and its still the same. I think it needs a cutting compound and some elbow grease. Or just get the boot painted but thats last resort.
BenC1985

13th Mar 13 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisr195
it did that for me i used T-cut came off striaght away then

I tried everything including t cut but it hasent worked. I will just take it to someone with a brain and get it sorted.lol
M Sutton

13th Mar 13 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it hasnt come off with the above methods its looking like painting is the only option! Strange why it isnt comming off tho! If u want me to have a look at any point let me know

Looks better without the badges tho!
BenC1985

13th Mar 13 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you would look one day Mark that would be great. Im not sure whats happened but its annoying me now ive removed the badges.
Christopher

13th Mar 13 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As mark said buddy! Could be repaint time along with de wipering
BenC1985

13th Mar 13 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah if i get the boot painted it will be dewiperd i think to de clutter it abit more. How much you reckon it will cost to paint the boot after smoothing the wiper off??
BenC1985

14th Mar 13 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heres a daytime pic of the boot debadged. Not happy is an understatement!!! I now have to get the boot paited as the marks wont polish out at all.

Heres a close up in the day of the marks. Same both sides. Repaint it is then.lol

Anyone local to rushden able to do the work or know anyone good who can paint it for me???
BenC1985

27th Mar 13 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not much of an update, had a lot of clunking from something at the front of my car when parking up,mainly from turning one way to the other. So i just rang the nice chaps at autovaux and ordered new bushes for the front arms and ball joints and also some track rods. Im hoping that sorts it and freshens it all up abit and its not the steering rack.lol Then i will be ordering new front discs and pads and new rear shoes because at my mot back in july last year vauxhall said the fronts had about 60% left and the rear shoes had less than 50%. Obviously ive done about 7k since so id imagine there about worn now and i have had some interesting noises from the rears.lol While its all apart i will be painting the calipers and the rear drum as they look crap behind my freshly painted wheels.

[Edited on 27-03-2013 by BenC1985]

[Edited on 27-03-2013 by BenC1985]
Graeme
Premium Member

27th Mar 13 at 14:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

May flat and polish out. If not I can do it for £100
Craig8v

27th Mar 13 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks really nice mate
Damon.c

28th Mar 13 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heya the car looks great remind me of my 1st black b.where you in asda rushden the other day?
BenC1985

28th Mar 13 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Damon.c
heya the car looks great remind me of my 1st black b.where you in asda rushden the other day?

Yeah mate. It was absolutley plastered though. Still is. Haha need to get off my arse tommorow and get it cleaned up as the grit off the roads is a killer. What were you in or was it parked up?
nibnob21
Premium Member

28th Mar 13 at 22:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the white marks are actually under the paint it could just be condensation. It happens often when people remove their door bumpstrips; they get long white streaks. If that's all it is then just gently go over it with a hairdryer and it should go.

MX5 Project Thread
BenC1985

6th Apr 13 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cars currently in having this lot changed and my tracking and front wheels rebalanced.

Hopefully it sorts the knocking out from the front and my front wheels dont shake any more.lol If not looks like ill need a new steering rack.
taylorboosh

6th Apr 13 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those white marks look strange? Get them sorted yet? If not just put the badges back on till you got cash to paint
BenC1985

6th Apr 13 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I havent had time or money to sort it atm. Ive only just got back into work and tbh id rather sort mechanical things first like the knocking, and all the brakes need changing. Once thats all done and my wages start rolling in, i am getting the boot and bonnet painted and all the panels will have paintless dent removal done and a full machine polish to get it looking like new.
BenC1985

6th Apr 13 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad to report the cars a million times better after having the front arms with bushes fitted,and ball joints and track rod ends. Need to take it back after ive driven it a bit and its all settled to re adjust the tracking as they havent set the camber how i asked them to.
BenC1985

6th Apr 13 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also i purchased a punto rear wiper arm for my car to make it look abit smoother/modern.

Before

After

Ignore the state of the car ive just started my new job on a building site and my cars covered in crap. Will be cleaned for tommorows meet in MK.
gav93

6th Apr 13 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wiper looks lovely mate glad it got to you fine car on the whole looks perfect
Christopher

6th Apr 13 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks great bud! Get it dewipered when you get boot painted
BenC1985

6th Apr 13 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Christopher
Looks great bud! Get it dewipered when you get boot painted

I am thinking about it. But when im working on a site and i dont clean my car more than once a week it gets impossible to see out the rear window without a wiper. Lol Im in two minds wether to do it or not.

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My black 1998 1.4 sport on Porsche twist reps,with low mileage and FSH. (CAR NOW GONE!!!) 24 database queries in 0.1124721 seconds