corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Sell my iPhone 4s for a Samsung Galaxy s2? Am I mad?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sell my iPhone 4s for a Samsung Galaxy s2? Am I mad?
James

User status: Offline
3rd Apr 12 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
So 2 pages later Apple people think the iPhone is better, Android people think the SGS2 is better, lets see what the world thinks:

SGS2 sold 20 million in 10 months
iPhone 4S sold: 40 million in 2 months

Thats a lot of 'sheep'.

Nah mate, they only sold that many because 40 million people fell for Apple's marketing ploy!
Brett
Premium Member

3rd Apr 12 at 15:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Irrelevant, 1 iPhone on offer, countless Android handsets on offer. Yes the thread was originally S2 vs iPhone but it's deviated massively from that.

Lets do Android vs OSX (or whatever it's called)

[Edited on 03-04-2012 by Brett]
Whittie

3rd Apr 12 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put your vaginas back in, its just a fucking phone
James

3rd Apr 12 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Irrelevant, 1 iPhone on offer, countless Android handsets on offer. Yes the thread was originally S2 vs iPhone but it's deviated massively from that.

But on the flipside that's an even less fair comparison, then you are comparing Apple's 1 offering with the offerings from a load of different manufacturers?

Surely the SGS2 vs. iPhone is fairer than iPhone vs. every Android phone ever?

[Edited on 03-04-2012 by James]
Jas

3rd Apr 12 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Overall, smartphone sales in the U.S. are 47 percent Android and around 30 percent Apple blackberry 15 percent
James

3rd Apr 12 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jas
Overall, smartphone sales in the U.S. are 47 percent Android and around 30 percent Apple blackberry 15 percent

But that's fairly obvious. I'd imagine it's heavily correlated to the number of handsets available on each platform (with the exception of BB because BBs are shit).
Dom

3rd Apr 12 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
Nobody has said an iPhone is better.

Plenty of people saying their Android phones are better yet its the iPhone 'fanboys' that always have to proove a point...

Think you'll find nine out of ten times it's the other way around

quote:
I didn't, google did. The fact iPhones can't do live wallpaper satifies me enough that I made the right choice, it's just more visually impressive, don't even throw the battery argument back becaue I couldn't care less. Not only that, but any sane person isn't going to pay the stupid iPhone rates and tarriffs that you're forced to have, it just doesn't make financial sense when you can have a better phone for less.

That's fair enough, it's you're opinion.

quote:
I'll just leave you to it at this point because clearly you're waaaaaayyyy too interested in the topic, clearly read up on it, where as I paste from google. Like I said, live wallpapers is the beginning and end of my research lol I'm honestly not sad enough to care what rates bloody processors are clocked at and bullshit like that, how sad

Then why attempt to post comparisons on details you clearly don't know a lot about (with some being incorrect)? Why not justify on areas you do know like the features of Android you prefer over iOS?

quote:
...and my comment about being too slow is still valid, you were slow writing your response so hadn't seen I'd thrown in a quick edit, it's not a hard conecpt to understand really.

Nope and i was merely agreeing with Dave.

Anyway, thread truly ruined
A2H GO

3rd Apr 12 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

It's not irrelevant, it's a valid point in what the world considers to be a 'better' phone out of the two despite being more expensive.

You can compare Android to iOS but it bears no relevance on which people consider better since one is available on 100+ phones and the other on 3.
Bissmire

3rd Apr 12 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iPhones are almost iconic, therefore will sell more. Same argument as COD vs Battlefield. COD sells more, does that mean its better? No.
James

3rd Apr 12 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I might as well look at how many people like apples compared to bananas. It would be pretty pointless though given there are a shit load of different types of apple and only one type of banana
A2H GO

3rd Apr 12 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LeeM

3rd Apr 12 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i prefer my iphone compared to my cousins sgs2.
ios is smoother and better looking, the app store is better, photostream is great if you have multiple devices, but most importantly my iphone isnt MASSIVE like the sgs2! physically the iphone size is better, and the screen is small enough that you dont have to use 2 hands or shuffle it around to be able to touch all the screen with your thumb.
got my ipad for a big screen
James

3rd Apr 12 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get the impression that Android appeals more to people that like to fuck around with their phones, change the font and theme and put Windows 3.1 on there.

But iPhones are more appealing to people that just want their phone to do what they expect it do and be reliable.
LeeM

3rd Apr 12 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also, the biggest reason the software is better which is indisputable is that its made specificially for one device and apps are written for one version of os for one device.
theres that many current versions of android on so many different devicesthe software just isnt optimised for any, and apps are unpredictable.

and iphones look better
Bissmire

3rd Apr 12 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The argument will never be settled

Out if interest, how many people here have owned both an iPhone 4 and a sgs2/sensation?
evilrob
Premium Member

3rd Apr 12 at 15:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
I get the impression that Android appeals more to people that like to fuck around with their phones, change the font and theme and put Windows 3.1 on there.

But iPhones are more appealing to people that just want their phone to do what they expect it do and be reliable.
Didn't I say this (albeit using more words) a few posts back?

I like a phone that just works and I like a phone I can repeatedly mash the refresh button on xda-developers forum to try the latest wacky ROM.

The phone I pick up for daily use is the iPhone. The phone I like to bugger about with is the S2. Simples.
evilrob
Premium Member

3rd Apr 12 at 15:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bissmire
Out if interest, how many people here have owned both an iPhone 4 and a sgs2/sensation?
Coooey!
Brett
Premium Member

3rd Apr 12 at 15:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
i prefer my iphone compared to my cousins sgs2.
ios is smoother and better looking, the app store is better, photostream is great if you have multiple devices, but most importantly my iphone isnt MASSIVE like the sgs2! physically the iphone size is better, and the screen is small enough that you dont have to use 2 hands or shuffle it around to be able to touch all the screen with your thumb.
got my ipad for a big screen
Love it "I had a go of my cousins SG2 and I couldn't use it as well as my iPhone I've had for a year so it's shitter" - Full of classic lines this thread.

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
Then why attempt to post comparisons on details you clearly don't know a lot about (with some being incorrect)? Why not justify on areas you do know like the features of Android you prefer over iOS?
I said from the start I googled his question "list 5 points", it was literally a copy and paste, requires minimal effort from myself. I'm not the one who needs convincing the SG2 is better, don't need to read up, I know the score.

John

3rd Apr 12 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The reliable thing isn't an issue imo, iphone crashes at least as much as any of the android phones I've had.
Jas

3rd Apr 12 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bissmire
iPhones are almost iconic, therefore will sell more. Same argument as COD vs Battlefield. COD sells more, does that mean its better? No.
yes
LeeM

3rd Apr 12 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

apple customer service is always a nice benefit to throw into the equation
Jas

3rd Apr 12 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My last phones Iphone 3g HTC Desire Iphone4 and Now a Sensation..

I honestly think the sensation/SG2 is a better phone..

Regards
Jas

Dom

3rd Apr 12 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

To be honest you'll find majority of Android users haven't got a clue what a ROM is or how to flash it. Nor will they know how to replace their launcher.

quote:
But what if I have a Sony TV?

Similar to Apple wanting you to use Apple devices, Samsung 'offers' an extra if you use their devices. No different to Sony TV remote controls being used to control PS3's (via CEC).
As for Airplay, there are plenty of devices outside of Apple that supports it (no thanks to Apple though but rather via reverse engineering).

[Edited on 03-04-2012 by Dom]
Jas

3rd Apr 12 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
apple customer service is always a nice benefit to throw into the equation

my mates mic broke on his 4 when he dropped it, apple quoted him £149 to replace the mic... delicate phones
LeeM

3rd Apr 12 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and angry birds lags to fuck on android compared to ios

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll