corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Sell my iPhone 4s for a Samsung Galaxy s2? Am I mad?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sell my iPhone 4s for a Samsung Galaxy s2? Am I mad?
Brett
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd Apr 12 at 12:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did, but unfortunately you were too slow typing out your witty response mate.
Dave

3rd Apr 12 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or he was replying while you edited
Brett
Premium Member

3rd Apr 12 at 12:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice bit of input there Dave, thanks for joining in. You told me.
Nath

3rd Apr 12 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This thread needs more winks.

Dave

3rd Apr 12 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Happy to clear things up.
Brett
Premium Member

3rd Apr 12 at 12:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[/daimo b]
Nath

3rd Apr 12 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daimo King Winker.
A2H GO

3rd Apr 12 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
If you can give me 5 reasons why its better other than the buggy software I'll let you off with that comment.

Here you go, google it for you, save my effort.

1. Display Size: iPhone 4 have 3.5-inch widescreen Multi-Touch Retina display and Samsung Galaxy S II comes with massive 4.3&#8243; WVGA SUPER AMOLED Plus screen size. Galaxy S II display quality is much better than iPhone 4.

2. Weight: Galaxy S II is of 4.3” display and iPhone 4 is just of 3.5” display but iPhone 4 weights 137 grams and Galaxy SII weights only 116 grams lighter than iPhone 4.

3. Processor: Galaxy S 2 runs on 1.2GHz ARMv7 dual-core processor and iPhone runs on 1 GHz ARM Cortex-A8 single core processor. Again Galaxy S II is much faster than iPhone 4.

4. Camera: iPhone 4 offers 5 MP, 2592 x 1944 pixels, autofocus, LED flash primary camera and a secondary VGA camera for video calling. Galaxy s2 comes with primary camera of 8 MP, 3264×2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash and 2MP of secondary camera. Another reason to buy Galaxy S II.

5. Apps: If you are thinking that there are less apps in Android market than Apple App Store read research2guidance.com research report which says that Android market will soon overtake Apple App store. 64% of the apps on Android Market are free to download.

There are many other reason why you should buy Samsung Galaxy S II like there is no MicroSD slot in iPhone 4 and in Galaxy S II you can expend memory up to 32GB, Galaxy S II offer talk time Up to 18 h 20 min (2G) / Up to 8 h 40 min (3G) and iPhone 4 just offer Up to 14 h (2G) / Up to 7 h (3G) of talk time.
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
Are you Bubble in disguise? He had a habit of spouting but couldn't back it up or offer explanations

I don't need to really. You guys stick with what you're told to buy, no skin off my nose.

[Edited on 03-04-2012 by Brett]

I see what you're getting at but the're almost all cons as opposed to pros.

1. most people want a phone not a phablet

2. fair play but hardly suprising when made of plastic over glass

3. Thread compares 4S to GSII...I won't pull out the benchmarks showing which is faster (it barely beats the 4 which is 12 months older tech)

4. Nothing in the camera between 4S and GSII

5. Quality not quantity. (Plus app store rapidly filling up with retina apps which look incredible)

Expandable memory, what is this 2001...cough iCloud cough.

[Edited on 03-04-2012 by A2H GO]
Nath

3rd Apr 12 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brett
Premium Member

3rd Apr 12 at 12:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
which is 12 months older tech

Right, glad we cleared that up, so it's the lesser phone as said. Thanks for the chat.
James

3rd Apr 12 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi mate. Can I stream video wirelessly to my TV with an S2?
mwg

3rd Apr 12 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Opinion appears to have become FACT in this thread.
Dom

3rd Apr 12 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Or he was replying while you edited

Exactly this but nevermind.

But you raise some interesting points and comparisons although there are a few oddities.
Firstly you're attempting to compare an older product with a newer product, 11months difference in release dates, so you have technology evolution at play here. And if you compare the 4S to the S2, which is closer in terms of release dates (and technology), then some of your points are invalid (ie: primary camera).
Secondly, the retina display is technically better having a higher resolution and pixel density on both 4 and 4S. Although there is perhaps the issue with colourisation on the 4/4S, ie: yellowing of the display.
And thirdly, you mentioned the S2 as having an A7 when, iirc, it's an A9 similar to that used in the 4S albeit clocked slightly faster. And 'coreage' is vastly dependant on how the OS, and in turn applications, make use of threading and the extra core; it isn't black and white to dual-core being better than single-core.

But as said, it's horses for courses.....
Brett
Premium Member

3rd Apr 12 at 12:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't, google did. The fact iPhones can't do live wallpaper satifies me enough that I made the right choice, it's just more visually impressive, don't even throw the battery argument back becaue I couldn't care less. Not only that, but any sane person isn't going to pay the stupid iPhone rates and tarriffs that you're forced to have, it just doesn't make financial sense when you can have a better phone for less.

I'll just leave you to it at this point because clearly you're waaaaaayyyy too interested in the topic, clearly read up on it, where as I paste from google. Like I said, live wallpapers is the beginning and end of my research lol I'm honestly not sad enough to care what rates bloody processors are clocked at and bullshit like that, how sad

...and my comment about being too slow is still valid, you were slow writing your response so hadn't seen I'd thrown in a quick edit, it's not a hard conecpt to understand really.

Bissmire

3rd Apr 12 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, can anyone tell me what makes an iPhone so much better than any other handset? Besides the massively restricted software, poor camera and fragile design?
James

3rd Apr 12 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bissmire
Hi, can anyone tell me what makes an iPhone so much better than any other handset? Besides the massively restricted software, poor camera and fragile design?

What does it restrict you from doing?
Have you seen any photos taken with an iPhone 4S?
How is it a fragile design?

If you going to lay into the iPhone, at least come up with some decent examples.
Brett
Premium Member

3rd Apr 12 at 13:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Such a fanboy.

That's the problem with iPhone owners on the whole, so defensive, think they feel they need to be to justify the money wasted.

John

3rd Apr 12 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iPhone isn't better than any other handset.

All of the top end phones have their ups and downs, the iPhone does have a lot of stupid restrictions.

From as simple as not being able to change your voicemail number to devs not having access to the hardware video decoding chip so it can't play formats that it's more than capable of
Brett
Premium Member

3rd Apr 12 at 13:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly, hence my jailbroken comment which actually acknowledges that it could be an ok phone.
Whittie

3rd Apr 12 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you got an iPhone Brett?
John

3rd Apr 12 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best thing about the iPhone is the materials and build quality.

I'm not saying HTC/Samsung or whoever are crap but apple definitely know how to screw some aluminium and glass together.

As for OS, again both have their pitfalls, I still like android a bit better.
James

3rd Apr 12 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Such a fanboy.

That's the problem with iPhone owners on the whole, so defensive, think they feel they need to be to justify the money wasted.

I'm not a fanboy. I don't think the iPhone is better than anything else on the market.

However, I don't really think anything else on the market is any better than the iPhone.

You can throw specifications at me all day, the iPhone suits my needs better than anything else because of the way it integrates with iTunes, my iPad and my Apple TV.
mwg

3rd Apr 12 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone sent me subliminal messages telling me to buy an iPhone
Bissmire

3rd Apr 12 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
quote:
Originally posted by Bissmire

What does it restrict you from doing?
Have you seen any photos taken with an iPhone 4S?
How is it a fragile design?

If you going to lay into the iPhone, at least come up with some decent examples.

I just did? I've seen photos taken by the 4s. No better than a HTC Sensation, and worse (imo) than the Galaxy S II.

What doesn’t it stop you from doing Not strictly just the software, but an iPhone is restricted far too much for my liking. Can I select a theme of my choice to suit my tastes? Change fonts or even text size perhaps, or heaven forbid, remove the battery?

Why the lack of SD card, and minimal visual changes that can be made? What are my options when it comes to modifying my phone? Trying out other OS/ROMs? Am I able to flash new custom ROMs, user made tweaks or use improvements made by other iPhone users/devs? Modify game graphics, or download apps/games unavailable in the standard marketplace?

When I am at a friend’s house, am I able to simply plug in my iPhone, and drag and drop photos, apps, games and songs onto my handset? Is it possible to then plug my iPhone in at home without wiping my new found apps?

Just a few questions to get you started. Not trying to argue for arguments sake, but there is no way an iPhone is so much better than handsets nowadays. On a par, perhaps, but I cant say its better.
Brett
Premium Member

3rd Apr 12 at 14:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Recycling the joke but you guys just got your bonfire Bissed on.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll