corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Sell my iPhone 4s for a Samsung Galaxy s2? Am I mad?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sell my iPhone 4s for a Samsung Galaxy s2? Am I mad?
stan_the_man

User status: Offline
2nd Apr 12 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had iPhones now for a few years and after a shot of my mates S2 I quite fancy one.

Anyone else done the same or the opposite and has views on both?

Sick of having to charge my iPhone every 18 seconds.
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Apr 12 at 20:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

S2 is an awesome phone, got one myself. Pisses on the iPhone tbh, although I doubt the battery will be any better. I have to charge mine each evening, but I have everything turned on, listen to music at work, etc.

[Edited on 02-04-2012 by Brett]
Stuart H

2nd Apr 12 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sold my 4s and bought a s2 don't regret it one bit , s2 is much better IMO
_Allan_

3rd Apr 12 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SIII will be out in the next couple of months. Maybe month end
Jakey
Premium Member

3rd Apr 12 at 00:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate at Phones4u reckons the SIII will be out in a matter of weeks.
Russ

3rd Apr 12 at 06:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want an out of date plastic phone then go for it.
Brett
Premium Member

3rd Apr 12 at 06:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like to think that phones other than those manufactured by Apple indicate that you have the power of thought and can make decisions for yourself. It's quite a bold statement not having an iPhone.
Nath

3rd Apr 12 at 06:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a Nexus just because I wanted a flagship phone that wasn't an iPhone.
adiohead

3rd Apr 12 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You just won't be cool anymore
Jas

3rd Apr 12 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
I like to think that phones other than those manufactured by Apple indicate that you have the power of thought and can make decisions for yourself. It's quite a bold statement not having an iPhone.
this
stan_the_man

3rd Apr 12 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Galaxy S3 could be interesting....

Right enough about the plasticky feeling though. Not sure if I could live with it. Will see how the S3 feels.
Brett
Premium Member

3rd Apr 12 at 09:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plasticy? gtf
James

3rd Apr 12 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure the S2 is a good phone, but if you think it's better than an iPhone then you aren't using the iPhone to it's full potential.

I'm not saying the iPhone is better, but they are at least equal.
Jas

3rd Apr 12 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stan_the_man

Right enough about the plasticky feeling though. Not sure if I could live with it. Will see how the S3 feels.

I've got the HTC equivalent Sensation, and its far from plastic... its far more sold that the iphone, It has gorilla glass ffs

S3 looks very nice, insane spec

I'm not saying the Samsung is a better phone, but its definitely no worse
Brett
Premium Member

3rd Apr 12 at 10:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
I'm sure the S2 is a good phone, but if you think it's better than an iPhone then you aren't using the iPhone to it's full potential.

I would argue that if the iPhone was jailbroken then it might come slightly close to the S2, but the reality is you're wrong, sorry.
Dom

3rd Apr 12 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I would argue that if the iPhone was jailbroken then it might come slightly close to the S2, but the reality is you're wrong, sorry.

You say it doesn't come close but don't offer an explanation to why; so why is the S2 'better' than the iPhone?
Brett
Premium Member

3rd Apr 12 at 11:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
You say it doesn't come close but don't offer an explanation to why

Yeah, you're right.
Whittie

3rd Apr 12 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbf, my mate has the s2, and its much better than my phone

Bought too many apps I use daily to be changing platform though tbh!
Dom

3rd Apr 12 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom

Yeah, you're right.

Are you Bubble in disguise? He had a habit of spouting but couldn't back it up or offer explanations
A2H GO

3rd Apr 12 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jas
quote:

I've got the HTC equivalent Sensation, and its far from plastic... its far more sold that the iphone, It has gorilla glass ffs

@ plastic HTC being more 'solid' (presume thats what you meant) than the glass/alu framed iPhone.

iPhone uses gorilla glass btw.
A2H GO

3rd Apr 12 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

If you can give me 5 reasons why its better other than the buggy software I'll let you off with that comment.
Dom

3rd Apr 12 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
quote:
Originally posted by Jas
quote:

@ plastic HTC being more 'solid' (presume thats what you meant) than the glass/alu framed iPhone.

iPhone uses gorilla glass btw.

Glass backed though which is prone to breaking and i would see that being a bit of a design flaw.

Both phones have there merits though, certainly Apple has a better established App store if that floats your boat although Android is far more customisable off the bat.
Otherwise it's horses for courses, better off making the decision yourself though.....

A2H GO - Comment about buggy software/Apps applies to both Android and iOS devices; both suffer from it.

[Edited on 03-04-2012 by Dom]
A2H GO

3rd Apr 12 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had an iPhone 4 since day one and it still looks a good as day one, no broken glass. If you drop it then thats to be expected, nethertheless the build quality is superior to any other phone currently on the market (maybe rivalled by the Nokia Lumia ignoring the silly sim door).

Agreed both iOS and Android are buggy, but it is more prominent in android in my experience, that said ICS is very good (even if they still have quite got the scrolling physics quite right).

As you say, horses for courses, but to outright say one is better than the other (especially with no justification) would be naive.

[Edited on 03-04-2012 by A2H GO]
Brett
Premium Member

3rd Apr 12 at 12:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
If you can give me 5 reasons why its better other than the buggy software I'll let you off with that comment.

Here you go, google it for you, save my effort.

1. Display Size: iPhone 4 have 3.5-inch widescreen Multi-Touch Retina display and Samsung Galaxy S II comes with massive 4.3&#8243; WVGA SUPER AMOLED Plus screen size. Galaxy S II display quality is much better than iPhone 4.

2. Weight: Galaxy S II is of 4.3” display and iPhone 4 is just of 3.5” display but iPhone 4 weights 137 grams and Galaxy SII weights only 116 grams lighter than iPhone 4.

3. Processor: Galaxy S 2 runs on 1.2GHz ARMv7 dual-core processor and iPhone runs on 1 GHz ARM Cortex-A8 single core processor. Again Galaxy S II is much faster than iPhone 4.

4. Camera: iPhone 4 offers 5 MP, 2592 x 1944 pixels, autofocus, LED flash primary camera and a secondary VGA camera for video calling. Galaxy s2 comes with primary camera of 8 MP, 3264×2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash and 2MP of secondary camera. Another reason to buy Galaxy S II.

5. Apps: If you are thinking that there are less apps in Android market than Apple App Store read research2guidance.com research report which says that Android market will soon overtake Apple App store. 64% of the apps on Android Market are free to download.

There are many other reason why you should buy Samsung Galaxy S II like there is no MicroSD slot in iPhone 4 and in Galaxy S II you can expend memory up to 32GB, Galaxy S II offer talk time Up to 18 h 20 min (2G) / Up to 8 h 40 min (3G) and iPhone 4 just offer Up to 14 h (2G) / Up to 7 h (3G) of talk time.
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
Are you Bubble in disguise? He had a habit of spouting but couldn't back it up or offer explanations

I don't need to really. You guys stick with what you're told to buy, no skin off my nose.

[Edited on 03-04-2012 by Brett]
Dom

3rd Apr 12 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom

Yeah, you're right.

I don't need to. You guys stick with what you're told to buy, no skin off my nose.

For starters i don't own an iPhone And secondly, if you can't elaborate on your opinion then your replies are pointless to the discussion

But thanks for playing anyway

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll