corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Real ale

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Real ale
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

User status: Offline
7th Dec 13 at 20:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never liked them. But I've been well into them recently.
Drinking loads haha. Try the app called "untappd" it's brilliant!

Cole

7th Dec 13 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tried broadside today did not like that at all
Daveskater
Premium Member

9th Dec 13 at 13:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Broadside is ok, to me it's a slightly not as good version of Old Peculiar.

Haven't seen many decent offers recently so haven't really tried much new stuff. Had Co-Op Goldminer last night which was ok, nothing to write home about, though.

Can never fault Old Hooky

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

9th Dec 13 at 13:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tesco by me and in southport and Liverpool are doing 4 bottles for £5 on all real ales. Not sure if it's a nationwide thing or just a local one though?
Ronson

9th Dec 13 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brewdog Punk IPA is nice, wasn't so keen on their 5am saint.

Another Hobgoblin (5.2%) lover here strange they knocked their keg down to 4%

I seem to like them dark and strong

Adnam's Broadside
Shepard's Neame 1698
Bishops Finger (get some funny looks when you tell people you had a Bishops finger inside you last night)
Black Sheep Yorkshire Square ale
Jennings Cumberland ale
Badger Fursty Ferret quite light this one but its lush

An advantage of working for a brewery I get to taste some good beers and get free entry to the local CAMRA beer festivals

Gary
Premium Member

9th Dec 13 at 15:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ronson

Have you visited one of their bars yet?

Worth a visit imo
Ronson

9th Dec 13 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No but there is one in Newcastle near the quayside, quite a few good real ale pubs down that way.

The problem I found with the bottle of 5am saint is it was too gassy. The carbonation process kills some of the flavour too in order to provide a long shelf life as a cask is only good for about 5 weeks due to it being purer.

[Edited on 09-12-2013 by Ronson]
mantamark

9th Dec 13 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got right into them over the last year.

Parents have an apple tree and it was a bumper crop this year so i decided to make cider, thats now bottled so i decided to try my hand at ale, just bottled a 5.8% IPA and have a hoppy lager on the go now, should be bottling that this weekend and going to put another kit on, probably another ipa as i love them, but will experent with fermentables and use some extra hops.

Tesco have a 3 for £21 offer on so ive bought 9 crates (6 bottles) to try, bonus is i can reuse the bottles for my brews. Also reregistered and got a £15 off £60 voucher so it came to £51 for 30L ale.
Robbo

9th Dec 13 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loving craft beers lately and small independent brewers; Brewdog, Camden Town Brewery, Meantime, Brewdog, London Fields Brewery etc.
Robbo

9th Dec 13 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
quote:

Have you visited one of their bars yet?

Worth a visit imo
Seconded, superb places. The one in Camden will occasionally knock you up some tactical nuclear penguin
Gary
Premium Member

9th Dec 13 at 16:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
No but there is one in Newcastle near the quayside, quite a few good real ale pubs down that way.

The problem I found with the bottle of 5am saint is it was too gassy. The carbonation process kills some of the flavour too in order to provide a long shelf life as a cask is only good for about 5 weeks due to it being purer.

Brewdog beers all all keg, not cask. The bottling process does differ to the keg though, obviously.

Some ales are nicer in bottles though, Ossett blonde is one. HIgher % in bottles make it a nicer drink imo

[Edited on 09-12-2013 by Gary]
Ronson

9th Dec 13 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kegs have an even longer shelf life than cask. Hmm I'll have to try some brewdog stuff from the tap. Punk IPA from the bottle is awesome though.
mantamark

9th Dec 13 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is my IPA, there was this much left after bottling, so drank this, bar being flat it was very tasty. Only problem now is not having any til jan / feb at earliest!

I used some extra hops in this one...

This is the cider...

Gary
Premium Member

9th Dec 13 at 19:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Kegs have an even longer shelf life than cask.

I know this.

Punk IPA is better in bottles imo.
Dan
Premium Member

9th Dec 13 at 19:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was in a local Belgian themed pub at the weekend, and had a couple of kriek beer. Which is like cherry flavoured!

Cant believe ive never had it before, I was absolutely gorgeous. Will be amazing in the summer I would imagine!

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Ronson

9th Dec 13 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was in a pub that sells beers from around the world and I'm quite partial to some Belgian stuff particularly the high %, shame it sends me nuts and I end up shouting at hot chicks I've only recently met no wet dick for Ronson
Dan
Premium Member

9th Dec 13 at 20:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They had this rocheford 10, chocolate beer, at 11.3%, looked like tar :/

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Ronson

9th Dec 13 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Straffe Hendrik 11% is a nice dark beer as is their light 8%, made my stomach ill for about 4 days though lol
Dav

11th Dec 13 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not been on CS for a while. Good to see there's a growing Real Ale and Craft Beer scene.

I love the stuff! More so American craft beers and Belgian ales, but a big fan of Scottish stuff too - which is just as well as I used to work for Williams Brothers for a while. I lived on Joker IPA, Caesar Augustus and Fraoch Heather Ale. And as they own a craft beer bar and bottle shop in Glasgow there's always something new to try!
BrewDog beers and the bar guest beers (Mikkeller, To Ĝl, 8 Wired, Stone, etc.) are regulars too, the more hops and complexity the better! And discounted too as I'm a shareholder. Planning on a few other Scottish brewery share purchases soon too.

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
Try the app called "untappd" it's brilliant!

https://untappd.com/user/dav
Robbo

11th Dec 13 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had a sate the other night and was drinking bottols of dead pony club. im convinced it imporved my performance.
Marc

16th Dec 13 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Marstons Strong Pale Ale 6.2% - Actually stronger than I was expecting.
Gary
Premium Member

16th Dec 13 at 20:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got tickets to Saltaire 's festive ale club/festival thing this Friday

Definitely gonna drink too much and fall over
mantamark

16th Dec 13 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you see this on tap, try it, Thornbridge Jaipur, i think its the nicest thing ever. Really hoppy. Though 5.9%, lethal after a few!
Dav

16th Dec 13 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mantamark
If you see this on tap, try it, Thornbridge Jaipur, i think its the nicest thing ever. Really hoppy. Though 5.9%, lethal after a few!

Yeah, definitely a good beer In fact the whole Thornbridge range is good! I've never had a bad beer from them.
I've got a couple of their 500ml bottles in the beer cupboard just now - a 2009 bottle of Bracia (10%) and a bottle of this years Russian Imperial Rasperry Stout (10%) colab' with S:t Eriks in Sweden. Looking forward to those over Christmas.
Robin
Premium Member

17th Dec 13 at 21:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Landlord is the king of ales

Only just tried this. I agree.

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Real ale 23 database queries in 0.1106629 seconds