corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » iPhone Thread - iPhone 5 - Who's got one....

New Poll
  <<  91    92    93    94    95    96    97  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author iPhone Thread - iPhone 5 - Who's got one....
A2H GO

User status: Offline
23rd Apr 13 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Next time the CS Awards come around you're definately getting nominated for 'Biggest Troll'.

Thank me later.

[Edited on 23-04-2013 by A2H GO]
Dom

23rd Apr 13 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome Bro-mate

Unfortunately there isn't the category - "CS member that argues the toss on subjects they show themselves up as having very little knowledge on" - for me to nominate you for....so it looks like you'll continue to be a loser
Dom

23rd Apr 13 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I wonder if people on the iPhone forums have a 93 page long thread arguing about Vauxhall Corsas

I suspect they're too busy making threads about dodgy home buttons.
Balling
Premium Member

23rd Apr 13 at 16:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh you two!

But Ash, bro, you've got to agree that between this statement:
quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
Won't be that 100% due to the sheer number of complications it would cause for the interior components, unless they've actually defied the laws of physics of course.

And this:
quote:
Also agree they could do it now by making the phone bigger or thicker but it's very unlikely they'll do either.

You've kind of added a bit of wiggle room. Wouldn't you say? Bro?

Balling
Premium Member

23rd Apr 13 at 16:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This thread is starting to sound like 2 Fast 2 Furious...

A2H GO

23rd Apr 13 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Balling - Not one bit.

Apple won't make the 5S bigger or thicker than the iPhone 5 (IMO) and therefore unless they can defy physics, it will absolutely not be that shape. Given Doms simple understanding further reasoning has been given in my previous posts. Ie. component size will not have decreased sufficiently enough in time given the smaller internal area.

I know you'll say I added the "if they keep it the same size" bit as an afterthought and that constitutes as 'back peddling' or adding 'wiggle room' but that was genuinely just a given in my mind when making the original statement. It was only added later as rationalisation when Dom was unable to comprehend my opinion making it seem as though it was an after thought to justify my argument.

I'd be obliged to provided further clarification or context should it be required and will endeavour to do so within all of my future posts to avoid any confusion amongst fellow compatriots.

Many thanks

Sent from my Curved iPhone 5S

Dom

23rd Apr 13 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Balling - Not one bit.

Apple won't make the 5S bigger or thicker than the iPhone 5 (IMO) and therefore unless they can defy physics, it will absolutely not be that shape. Given Doms simple understanding further reasoning has been given in my previous posts. Ie. component size will not have decreased sufficiently enough in time given the smaller internal area.

I know you'll say I added the "if they keep it the same size" bit after and that constitutes as 'back peddling' or adding 'wiggle room' but that genuinely just a given in my mind when making the original statement. It was only added later as rationalisation when Dom was unable to comprehend my opinion making it seem as though it was an after though to justify my arguement.

I'd be obliged to provided further clarification or context should it be required.

Many thanks

Clearly your technical knowledge is astonishing and overwhelming and it really shows in your replies, what with all of the supporting technical sources and references you mention. But could you expand on your point that 'it won't work because i say so' in a way that doesn't suggest you're sharing a braincell with your pet goldfish?

I eagerly await your awesome reply!

Your best Bro-Mate,
Dom
A2H GO

23rd Apr 13 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's taken two pages of explanation for you to comprehend a sinple statement without any fancy technical jargon or supporting material, I'm not sure Ian's got the server space for the number of pages needed to spoon feed you the information contained within a supporting link.

Yours
Early Learning Centre
Dom

23rd Apr 13 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
...I'm not sure Ian's got the server space..

Yet it hasn't stopped you posting like a special needs child At least we agree on one thing though, you're definitely an 'early learner'

As always Ash, this has been swell
A2H GO

23rd Apr 13 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love our banter, I still live in hope that one day we'll agree on something, maybe then I can cross it off my bucket list, until then ill be back with some dubious links that attempt to support my theory of the 5S not being curved....to be continued.

Russ

24th Apr 13 at 07:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*read macrumours*
*post the stories as own thoughts on cs*
A2H GO

24th Apr 13 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WWDC announced for iOS 7.

Some thoughts on the logo:

http://www.cultofmac.com/224758/what-the-wwdc-2013-logo-hints-about-the-future-of-mac-ios/

Seems realistic that they're potentially going to start allowing apps to communicate with eachother since iOS 6 was almost entirely to lay the foundations for this through splitting springboard into springboard and backboard.

Coloured iPhones too? Not too sure on that one...
A2H GO

25th Apr 13 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apple just took $8 million in 70 seconds purely on tickets to a conference.
LeeM

25th Apr 13 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still goin downhill though
A2H GO

25th Apr 13 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WWDC Sell out times...

2008: 2 months.
2009: 1 month.
2010: 1 week.
2011: 1 day.
2012: 70 minutes.
2013: 90 seconds.
Dave

25th Apr 13 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wife works for a telecom co, she said a few weeks ago that the new iPhone was going to come in a range of colours.

Got to be honest I just ignored it as a type thing.
LeeM

25th Apr 13 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

XSIHardy

26th Apr 13 at 06:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Wife works for a telecom co, she said a few weeks ago that the new iPhone was going to come in a range of colours.

Got to be honest I just ignored it as a type thing.

I said this to one off my mates the other day, the iPhone I think is becoming a really common item and to a certain degree will put people off as they don't want some thing every one else has. So spicing it up with a few new colours I believe would be a good idea like the iPods ect. And yes I know you can get cases ect but its not really the same.
Nath

26th Apr 13 at 07:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
*read macrumours*
*post the stories as own thoughts on cs*

Whittie

26th Apr 13 at 08:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
WWDC Sell out times...

2008: 2 months.
2009: 1 month.
2010: 1 week.
2011: 1 day.
2012: 70 minutes.
2013: 90 seconds.

Audience getting smaller then?
John

26th Apr 13 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If we get another boring iPad + iPhone refresh this year profits will take a bigger hit, been saying it for ages.

Even the mighty Apple could only get away with it for so long.

I expect something a bit more radical. Not sure if that will be hardware or not, more likely an OS overhaul imo.

If they bring out this rumoured cheap iPhone, that's just diluting the brand even further and not a good step.
Dave

26th Apr 13 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From the point of view of the western market I agree, but it's a difficult decision for Apple re keeping the brand desirable or creating a cheaper product to tap into a potentially massive emerging market.
A2H GO

26th Apr 13 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apple's margin on the iPad Mini is is way below that of the rest of their product range which goes to show they're heading in that direction with 'budget' products.

Also makes it unlikely they'll release a retina version any time soon.

I'd prefer it if Apple went back to the old days now, where they were less popular, only making high end products for markets that don't really exist, and had everything to proove.
Dave

26th Apr 13 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And everything to loose....
LeeM

26th Apr 13 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
If we get another boring iPad + iPhone refresh this year profits will take a bigger hit, been saying it for ages.

Even the mighty Apple could only get away with it for so long.

I expect something a bit more radical. Not sure if that will be hardware or not, more likely an OS overhaul imo.

If they bring out this rumoured cheap iPhone, that's just diluting the brand even further and not a good step.

should they do something like a 4.2, 4.5, 4.7 and 5" iphone? not a great deal you can do with a phone. ill agree ios hasnt changed hugely, but if its not broke dont fix it.

<<  91    92    93    94    95    96    97  >>

New Poll