corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » iPhone Thread - iPhone 5 - Who's got one....

New Poll
  <<  89    90    91    92    93    94    95  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author iPhone Thread - iPhone 5 - Who's got one....
A2H GO

User status: Offline
3rd Apr 13 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the budget iphone looks like this I'd be tempted to get one just because...

http://cultm.ac/12fk19e

Also reports of Apple engineers with carry privileges walking round campus with those screen protectors that make the screen look black from an angle, possibly to hide Ives redesign of iOS 7.

[Edited on 04-04-2013 by A2H GO]
sc0ott

3rd Apr 13 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite like the budget version.
Dom

3rd Apr 13 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
.....possibly to hide Ives redesign of iOS 7.

Currently rumoured that they're dragging OSX devs away from 10.9 to get iOS 7 finished as they're massively behind - let's hope it doesn't end up a bodge job like other products they've rushed out the door

[Edited on 03-04-2013 by Dom]
John

3rd Apr 13 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

'That'll do' and 'budget', tut tut tut.
Simon_16v

4th Apr 13 at 07:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd sack my iPhone 5 off for that budget version!
Jambo

4th Apr 13 at 07:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
'That'll do' and 'budget', tut tut tut.

Graves turning
A2H GO

4th Apr 13 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
.....possibly to hide Ives redesign of iOS 7.

Currently rumoured that they're dragging OSX devs away from 10.9 to get iOS 7 finished as they're massively behind - let's hope it doesn't end up a bodge job like other products they've rushed out the door

[Edited on 03-04-2013 by Dom]

I'd like to say this wouldn't have happend under Jobs but then they had to do the same in 2007 (although that was to get the actual phone out the door rather than just the software).

I hope they make a good job of it, I don't want a re-design/overhaul, just some improved functionality where needed (which is not the same as additional functionality) and some minor aesthetic tweeks.
Whittie

22nd Apr 13 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dom

22nd Apr 13 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rumoured case for the 5S?
Whittie

22nd Apr 13 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sure is!

Wish they'd work on the iOS instead of the case
mwg

22nd Apr 13 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A design where 2 sides are longer than the other sides, forming a rectangular type shape. Interesting
Rob_Quads

22nd Apr 13 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure that image has been around for ages. The curved phone has been a concept for a while people keep pulling out.
Dom

22nd Apr 13 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems strange to do a complete case redesign for the 'in between' model, makes me wonder (if true) that it's for a new generation (ie - iPhone 6) rather than the 5S. It does look good although it resembles a Lumia a fair amount.
LeeM

22nd Apr 13 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wont be, flat screens are better
A2H GO

22nd Apr 13 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do they normally put branding on the prototypes?

Won't be that 100% due to the sheer number of complications it would cause for the interior components, unless they've actually defied the laws of physics of course.
Dom

22nd Apr 13 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
wont be, flat screens are better

Why are flat screens better? It also doesn't necessarily mean the screen will be curved just because the case is.

quote:
....sheer number of complications it would cause for the interior components, unless they've actually defied the laws of physics of course.

What 'complications' exactly? Just because the case is curved, it doesn't mean PCB/components need to be 'curved'
Balling
Premium Member

22nd Apr 13 at 17:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
If the budget iphone looks like this I'd be tempted to get one just because...

http://www.cultofmac.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Budget-iPhone-2.jpg[/img]
I fucking love that!

LeeM

22nd Apr 13 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it wont be curved, an old patent popped up with curved screen so people have made concepts off the back of it.
A2H GO

22nd Apr 13 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom

quote:
....sheer number of complications it would cause for the interior components, unless they've actually defied the laws of physics of course.

What 'complications' exactly? Just because the case is curved, it doesn't mean PCB/components need to be 'curved'

Exactly my point. If you've ever seen inside an iPhone there's not a cubic mm to spare and that's in a rectangular shell whereby Apple are able to make optimal use of the space.

Think of all the wasted space inside that shell with rectangular components, chips, logic board, camera, battery etc. They physically wouldn't get it all in. If they cant make a rectangular phone that thin (given thinness was clearly their priority over everything else with the iPhone 5) then to think they can do it in a curved shell would be very optimistic.

Tbf, even if Apple released a flying car now people would say they're doomed. People have come to expect too much of them so no matter what they do people are disappointed.

Nath

22nd Apr 13 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where as you....

Dom

22nd Apr 13 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom

quote:

Exactly my point. If you've ever seen inside an iPhone there's not a cubic mm to spare and that's in a rectangular shell whereby Apple are able to make optimal use of the space.

Think of all the wasted space inside that shell with rectangular components, chips, logic board, camera, battery etc. They physically wouldn't get it all in. If they cant make a rectangular phone that thin (given thinness was clearly their priority over everything else with the iPhone 5) then to think they can do it in a curved shell would be very optimistic.

Tbf, even if Apple released a flying car now people would say they're doomed. People have come to expect too much of them so no matter what they do people are disappointed.

So what you're saying is - you can't do it therefore no one else can.........awesome! Have a thumbs up

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
it wont be curved, an old patent popped up with curved screen so people have made concepts off the back of it.

Oh right and there was me thinking it was real

But back to the question you dodged - Why are flat screens better?

[Edited on 22-04-2013 by Dom]
A2H GO

23rd Apr 13 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom

quote:

So what you're saying is - you can't do it therefore no one else can.........awesome! Have a thumbs up

Bro, do you even read my posts before responding?

Why on earth would I ever think I could do it, my names not Jonny Ive and I don't work for Apple.

If anyone can do it, it IS Apple, but they're a few years off that (unless they're using that shell for the budget iPhone with components stripped out, which I doubt).

The only innovation we'll see this year is possibly a fingerprint scanner (as in iPhone 5S (for scanner))/ Even then people will say its not innovation as the techs been around for years yet will glorify Samsung for 'innovating' with useless features like eye scrolling.

[Edited on 23-04-2013 by A2H GO]
Dom

23rd Apr 13 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Bro, do you even read my posts before responding?

Yes, hence my reply - you say it can't be done for what ever reason (you haven't really given a reason, you just believe a phone couldn't be stuffed into that rumoured casing); and i'm saying it can and basing it on the fact there are a fair few phones that are packaged smaller and thinner than the iPhone 5 (Oppo has a few, Huawei P1, Droid Razr, Fuji Arrow etc) and the continuation of smd/soc miniaturisation (there's already talk of Apple shifting to TSMC's 20nm SoC design, if not 28nm, for the A7/X).

But good talk, Bro, good talk
Nath

23rd Apr 13 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bro
LeeM

23rd Apr 13 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom

But back to the question you dodged - Why are flat screens better?

[Edited on 22-04-2013 by Dom]

glare and shit.

<<  89    90    91    92    93    94    95  >>

New Poll