corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Urgent - Clio DCI immobiliser fault - UPDATE

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Urgent - Clio DCI immobiliser fault - UPDATE
ChrisBoom

User status: Offline
8th Feb 11 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats the thing, loving driving it again . Seems vauxhalls are always there to fall back on haha.

Spent a few hours on the car tonight, list of what all has been checked:

Crank sensor removed and cleaned
All engine bay relays removed and cleaned
Checked wiring around fuse box (Found 1 broken wire, repaired)
6v going to all glow plugs
Power going to glow plug control unit

Also wrapped the key in tin foil and it made the immobiliser light flash rapidly, so I think the key is OK.

Im stumped now, what next? Really dont want to put it into the garage
Mertin

9th Feb 11 at 01:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What made you thinl the key is ok, is there a check to do?
Have you checked they rear light connectors too? I had 3 weeks of troubles and key battery solved it for a week then come mot time it was the rear lights that fucked me and wouldnt start. Also, it would not start with me then went to garage and went through book and tried everything ( have you tried pressing key fob while starting) and as a last attempted disconnected battery for a few hours and still nothing. Went into car a week later in minus 7 temps for deicer and thought id try it and went first time after missing mot by 1 day. Bloodu tempremental bastards. Story doesnt exactly make sense but id a good month and a half woth tempremental
Electrical problems between as, new year amd being offshore
ChrisBoom

9th Feb 11 at 05:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forgot about the rear light earth, will check that that. The immobiliser light flashes rapidly if there's a key fault, and stays solid if its something else, light us staying solid so I'm assuming it's not the key.

The pressing the central locking trick only works on 98-01 models apparently, made no difference to mine. Also had the battery off overnight and charged it.

Joys of French electrics eh!
Matty W

9th Feb 11 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last thing you can check really is lives and earths at the computer. After that it pretty much needs going on a CLiP diag laptop
ChrisBoom

9th Feb 11 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will try that tonight. Have a mechanic friend of mine with diagnostics, doubt it's the same gear that Renault use though.
Matty W

9th Feb 11 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah we use renaults own diag equipment called clip. the immobiliser is built in as part of the injection computer. launch style code readers are good but i doubt it would tell you anything.
there are 2 lives to the computer 1 perminant and one ignition. not sure if your familiar with how an injection computer works but to put it simply, it takes a live and switches the earths open and closed circuit to control various components. if you have a bad earth from the computer, say, due to corosion.. the component wont work and shows up as a fault. you can work through process of ilimination by using a known good wire and bridging where it goes from and too.
ChrisBoom

9th Feb 11 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck it, im burning it, guy couldn't make it tonight. I spent another hour in the pissing rain to no avail. Fucking french piece of shit.
Matty W

9th Feb 11 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisBoom
Fucking french piece of shit.

My favorite scentence on a daily basis
ChrisBoom

9th Feb 11 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well he did turn up in the end, and hes equipment cant connect to the ECU. We were thinking that there must be a wiring fault somewhere? Someone has been in about the wiring in this thing before, so its looking like a loom out job and check every wire
Matty W

9th Feb 11 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you shouldnt have to check every wire. have you searched the net for a wiring diagram? it will give you the pin locations on the computer, which colour is which ( carefull with this though.. the colour codes are for the french spelling of the colours ,eg bl = blanc etc) . i can access them all at work but they are on the renaultnet system, cant get access to my emails at work either
ChrisBoom

9th Feb 11 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup, cant seem to find any diagrams online. The guy who did the diag said he should have them on his system somewhere, so he is going to print them off for me.
Matty W

9th Feb 11 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get him to write down or print off the colour codes too. ive been doing it 4 years with renault and it still confuses me
ChrisBoom

10th Feb 11 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will do, cheers.

Where are all the major earths located on the car? Need to check all of them too.
Matty W

10th Feb 11 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the main earth is ontop of the gearbox and runs to the chassis. its a braded bare cable
( http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/_User-folders/vBulletinImg/2008/1/%257BD3961AA3-5983-404B-9B02-B12DA7B4BA61%257D.jpeg&imgrefurl=http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/showthread.php%3Ft%3D36016&usg=__QzKbDbqlhm7N-DXmPWprXCavwgE=&h=262&w=350&sz=11&hl=en&start=0&zoom=0&tbnid=5cGKna4cd4i3yM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=120&ei=wDFUTd74BoaEhQeD383bCA&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dclio%2Bbraided%2Bengine%2Bearth%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1345%26bih%3D528%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=164&vpy=152&dur=2354&hovh=90&hovw=120&tx=86&ty=69&oei=wDFUTd74BoaEhQeD383bCA&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r,s ) looks like that
. other earths are close to component locations around the body, they all use the chassis an a single earth return.
ChrisBoom

10th Feb 11 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not fun

DERV-POWER

10th Feb 11 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you checked the wires coming from the 3 black relays
ChrisBoom

11th Feb 11 at 00:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There was 1 broken wire from one of those black relays, can't mind which though. Haven't tested them properly yet, could do with a wiring diagram first!

I reckon someone has had this problem before, as the same wire I fixed has been patched before, and all the fuses and relays were just thrown back inside the box. Also lots of new tape and coverings on the loom.
Matty W

11th Feb 11 at 01:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can try to email you a wiring diagram but it will be a pdf format, no guarantee i will be able to send it, not sure if i can still access my email at work but if you u2u me your reg and a contact email adress, i'll try my best to get a diagram to you
DERV-POWER

11th Feb 11 at 07:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when the one i fixed wouldn't start , i also found the ecu to be knackered aswell
Matty W

11th Feb 11 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've picked up the 2001 clio disc from work with all the wiring diagrams on. I'll get the injection computer one out to you when I get home
ChrisBoom

11th Feb 11 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good man! Very good of you

Went to the scrappies today and picked up a few relays and the pick-up ring from a 1.2 clio, try them on it.
Matty W

11th Feb 11 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive just sent you 2 pdf files, one with relay information, the other is the diagram for injection computer ( component number 120 )
hope it helps at all

( the engine is a K9K, keep it in mind when looking through the relay document as it has all the clio range in it )

[Edited on 11-02-2011 by music1990]
ChrisBoom

11th Feb 11 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

K9k, is that the petrol engines is it? What engine code is the 1.5 dci?
ChrisBoom

11th Feb 11 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scrap that, just read the email!
Matty W

11th Feb 11 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Noo, k9k is the 1.5 dci

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll