corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Smokey the SXI SBD ITB Corsa. Another video on p7.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Smokey the SXI SBD ITB Corsa. Another video on p7.
Mark.W

User status: Offline
11th Mar 11 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Were the rear collies rubbing on the rear tyres?
corsadonk
Premium Member

11th Mar 11 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, but only a touch, the R1-R's only come in a 50 profile, and the side walls are wide. Would be ok with 45 T1-r's.
spankyjames

12th Mar 11 at 00:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not long now if you ever need a spare hand an no ones around you can always contact me as il be happy to help
corsadonk
Premium Member

12th Mar 11 at 09:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers I'd best get my arse in gear, and sort the wiring out
corsadonk
Premium Member

14th Mar 11 at 22:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had trouble getting a spark, since Saturday but after Brian S saying it will be the crank postion sensor, I found it wasn't pushed in properly.
But this morning I got it started.

But I'd say my heater matrix is a bit shafted, looks like the former keeper didn't like anti-freeze.

All of this ran out of it
corsadonk
Premium Member

15th Mar 11 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well had Smokey mapped today, and he lived up to his name, and the exhaust wrap set on fire under the sump:eek:

Dave a Mech Motorsport had a Sauna when he switched on the hot air lmao, But the leak seems to of fixed it's self, with some radweld stuff.

Fairplay to him, he worked on it for hours, and used up about £40 worth of Super

At one point 206 BHP flashed up on the sreen But he said it wasn't a true figure, and it made 188 in the end. I was a bit worried when he said, have you got ARP bolts fitted? Then took it all the way up to 7500RPM, which sounded pretty epic

I've got to give a massive thank you to Craig 8 valve, for making me carry on. Also Dave at Mech Motorsport, for doing the mapping.
spankyjames

15th Mar 11 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloody hell mike you don't hang around figures seem good can't wait to hear it raring around Combe
corsadonk
Premium Member

15th Mar 11 at 20:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers, it does sound pretty good, just need to sort out my exhaust properly.
corsadonk
Premium Member

20th Mar 11 at 21:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I got home the other day, I needed to swap the cars around on the drive. When I drove Smokey down to a turning spot, a load of smoke came from the foot well, and it cut out. Because I was in such a rush getting ready, the wires didn't get tidied up, because I didn't have time. Being lose they got caught up in the U.J for the steering column, which I found out today. I was lucky not to have a fire really.

This is the switched live.
I think the term is a Muppet.
corsadonk
Premium Member

20th Mar 11 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Today I tidied up the car loom, to keep it away from the steering column, also it looks better inside the bay.
I also spent flipping ages, farting about with the handbrake cable, which has a bit too much travel, stupid pattern parts!
I wasn't keen on the void left by the radio, once all the ashtray, and glovebox is back in, so cut this out of a sheet of Carbon fibre I've got in the shed. Still needs a trim but looks better, than a hole.
corsadonk
Premium Member

25th Mar 11 at 06:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A quick short shift video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHJVqIt6P2A

I'll try and get a better one soon.
corsadonk
Premium Member

31st Mar 11 at 19:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got Smokey MOT'd yesterday, which is one less thing to worry about, since the Action day is next Saturday. But I'm very cross with Adrain Flux because they still haven't sent out my insurance cert, but they have sent me one for my old van. So I can't tax it to drive it about, which would be nice, since I've spent loads of time and money on it.

The leaking heater matrix is doing my head in, so today I bypassed it with a brass 5/8 joiner I got from work.

I've also ordered a coilpack mount, and dizzy blank from SBD.
corsadonk
Premium Member

1st Apr 11 at 19:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On my way home today, I was near a scrap yard I like, so I popped in to see if they had the speedo drive I was after. As ever they came up trumps.

I'll wire that in tomorrow.

Also Adrain Flux did c0ck up my insurance, but it's sorted now. I'll tax it tomorrow and go for a good drive.
corsadonk
Premium Member

2nd Apr 11 at 18:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a load of things done today, first off I wired in the speedo transducer. I still haven't tried it out. But I'm hoping it will work, and I should be able to have working EPS
corsadonk
Premium Member

2nd Apr 11 at 18:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My bits from SBD, and QED turned up today.

First is the dizzy blank, and camshaft blank.

You can almost see the ball bearing.

This is the coil bracket, which didn't come with any nuts

All fitted
corsadonk
Premium Member

2nd Apr 11 at 18:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Next up was take the sump off and take them nice purple alloy bolts out. Because when I had a look, I found 7 had sheared off:eek: So it was only the other seven on the oil pump side holding the sump on.

They came out ok which was lucky, so I think I might get some stainless ones this week.

After that I went round the front end making sure everything is tight, ready for next Saturday
Dale

2nd Apr 11 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good man shiny shiny no good
corsadonk
Premium Member

2nd Apr 11 at 19:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, piss poor imo.

I think they're .90p each + .60p for the washers.
spankyjames

2nd Apr 11 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good mike cant wait to see this at combe
corsadonk
Premium Member

2nd Apr 11 at 19:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought a tax disc for today, so I'm off to test it out in a bit. Try and find the flaws early.

[Edited on 02-04-2011 by corsadonk]
Dale

2nd Apr 11 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

come swindon mike
corsadonk
Premium Member

9th Apr 11 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well that was the best day I've had in a car.

The only fault I could find was the engine mounts are very soft.

I went to Castle Combe by the way.
spankyjames

9th Apr 11 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the ride today mate absolutely loved your car will load that video up soon
corsadonk
Premium Member

9th Apr 11 at 19:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No problem, happy to take someone round.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

10th Apr 11 at 00:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You beat me

Looked like it was going well, good to speak to you again

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Smokey the SXI SBD ITB Corsa. Another video on p7. 23 database queries in 2.2990620 seconds