corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Smokey the SXI SBD ITB Corsa. Another video on p7.

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Smokey the SXI SBD ITB Corsa. Another video on p7.
corsadonk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Jun 11 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I finished off putting my dash back together, I've also replaced all the old blown bulbs with green ones, which you can't see.

While I had the speedo out, I thought I might as well fit the Omega wiper stalk I've had for ages.

And a quick picture of my Vectra gear knob.

I really need a gaitor for my gear stick, because I keep resting my hand down there and getting grease on it.
It also looks poo like that.
corsadonk
Premium Member

27th Jun 11 at 17:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I got in from work, I thought I'd try and up the oil pressure, so I removed the relief valve cap and took the washers out. After thinking about it at work I've used a bit of 1/4'' R6 hose which is nice and soft, and the perfect O.D to fit in the cap. I measured it before I fitted it in the cap, it was 11.25mm long, and the washers I removed added up to 4mm. It now sits at 4 bar when it's cold on tick over, and flicks up to 5 bar with a blip of the throttle.

Thank you Lee.
corsadonk
Premium Member

9th Jul 11 at 16:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On my way home from Billing on Sunday, Smokey made bit of a bang and a very loud squeaking noise, so I switched the engine off, and knocked it into neutral thinking maybe the alternator belt had come off, and rolled it to a lay-by that I knew was close. I popped the bonnet, had a look at the belts all seemed fine but my coil pack bracket had sheared, thinking it might be touching the fan which is always on. I moved it and carried on driving it, still making the noise

I carried on till I got to Savernake Forest, which was about mile away, I got out and had a look around again, and found grease all over the rear O/S wheel.

I touched and it was red hot, I poured water on it, which boiled off:eek:

Sorry about the crap pictures, when I took the hub cap off the next day, it had burnt off all the grease, and went white.

I used my 3/4 drive socket set with a bar to try and get it off, but it just stripped the threads
So I had to unbolt the lot

I had to cut the nut off, but the drum wouldn't come off.

Anyway, I've built it all back up, but I just need some Dot 5 brake fluid, to finish it off.

Lesson learnt don't over tighten the hub nut.
corsadonk
Premium Member

14th Jul 11 at 21:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After bleeding Smokey's brakes, he started giving the Diesel some dirty looks.
corsadonk
Premium Member

24th Jul 11 at 09:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went round Dale's yesterday so he could sort my tracking out ready for next weekend, then we went for a little drive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhT4wzwRcJk
It's good to hear Smokey from the outside for a change, it's pretty loud.

[Edited on 24-07-2011 by corsadonk]
corsadonk
Premium Member

25th Jul 11 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I gave Smokey a vac today getting ready for the weekend.
spankyjames

25th Jul 11 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That tunnels amazing was up there on sat night
Dale

25th Jul 11 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a different one James, no farmers this time...

[Edited on 25-07-2011 by Dale]
corsadonk
Premium Member

26th Jul 11 at 04:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, it's a bit harder to find and no one around for miles.
corsadonk
Premium Member

31st Jul 11 at 09:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I went to get petrol for TVL, something broke in the engine so I'm still not sure if I'm gonna fix Smokey or break him for parts.
corsadonk
Premium Member

9th Aug 11 at 20:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All parts now for sale U2U if you want anything.
spankyjames

10th Aug 11 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much you want for coilovers? And I still need to pick that bumper up lol

<<  4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Smokey the SXI SBD ITB Corsa. Another video on p7. 23 database queries in 0.0133500 seconds