corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Smokey the SXI SBD ITB Corsa. Another video on p7.

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Smokey the SXI SBD ITB Corsa. Another video on p7.
GregGsi
Premium Member

User status: Offline
23rd Apr 11 at 16:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi pal loveing the car
can i just ask were did you get the linkage from pal and how much

BHP vaux
corsadonk
Premium Member

23rd Apr 11 at 20:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I made it, it's just the extended linkage, with some rose joint, which I got for free off a made in the hydraulics trade.

Thank you.

Two of these, and some threaded bar, and a few nuts will do the job.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/M8-Female-Rose-Joint-Bronze-Lined-RH-Thread-Rod-End-/160440368804?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item255afdbea4
corsadonk
Premium Member

23rd Apr 11 at 20:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gazza808
No the alloy ones aren't threaded either.
Yeah I just drilled a hole in the chassis mount lol.

I think I need to take it off again anyway, because the engine is hitting the bonnet.
kyleclub11

2nd May 11 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good job pal !! been fun reading how you done it inspires people like my self
corsadonk
Premium Member

3rd May 11 at 18:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks very much, get on it.
corsadonk
Premium Member

3rd May 11 at 19:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another video I made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDMUnHnE6Y4
corsadonk
Premium Member

9th May 11 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sold my Sport on Friday, and picked up this oil burner on Sunday.

Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

9th May 11 at 20:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

YES!!!!! frost blue i hope you are going to add some nice goodies on that!

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
corsadonk
Premium Member

10th May 11 at 05:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I might fit my Irmscher pre97 bodykit, but it does need lowering, and I'm gonna wind up the boost.

I said at the Mig meet I liked the colour of yours, bodywork isn't very good, so no point going mad.

It's for the bird really anyway.
Darryl H
Premium Member

10th May 11 at 08:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah great! Yeah I remember you saying that. I take it it's a diesel?

Would look prety good with the irmy kit on it

corsadonk
Premium Member

28th May 11 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Today on Smokey I made a few little brackets for the expansion tank, and FPR, because they were just floating about in the bay.

I cut a section of the battery tray out, so it didn't rub through on the level gauge, then I gave it a lick of paint because it was rusty, I also changed the pipe, because it was covered in the stuff used to seal the heater matrix.

I'd like to tidy up the fuel pipes next, along with changing them to braided ones.
corsadonk
Premium Member

3rd Jun 11 at 20:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought a heater matrix today and fitted it after work, if I'm gonna be driving to PVS on Sunday morning it's gonna be pretty early, so could do with some warmth.

I also fitted a sun strip yesterday, because I haven't got any sun visors, and it's a bit lighter.
But I did take any pictures.

I want to get the tracking done tomorrow morning, and make some proper fuel pipes, I ordered aload of bits at work, I'm hoping they turned up today.
corsadonk
Premium Member

4th Jun 11 at 18:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went to get my tracking done this morning, but when I got there they said they couldn't do it till 11am.

So I thought sod it I'll pop over to Bells to get my exhaust sorted, which they did while I waited.

Which they did a pretty good job of.

So I set off to the other side of Swindon when I started to get a rattle from my engine
I drove Smokey home back to Marlborough nice and slowly. Then started to strip the engine down with Craig, who was passing. It sounded like it was coming from the top end, so I remove the camshafts, and lifters and found everything fine :confused:

Then we got started on the bottom end, and found the big end bearing to be buggered

But the crank looks fine to me, I'm thinking it's been re-ground in the past, because it's not the crank which was in the engine when I bought it.

The crap in my sump.

The rest of my link pipe, with out a manifold.

All this the week before PVS, at least it did happen on the way.
spankyjames

4th Jun 11 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsadonk
Premium Member

5th Jun 11 at 08:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's still do able, but I might turn up on Sunday in the Diesel.
Darryl H
Premium Member

5th Jun 11 at 09:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bugger, unlucky mike Rotten luck, but like you say a lot better than having it go on the way!

Hope you get it sorted, was looking forward to seeing this in the flesh

corsadonk
Premium Member

5th Jun 11 at 11:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My main issue is I still don't know the cause, I really wanted to see what times it could do
corsadonk
Premium Member

6th Jun 11 at 19:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Before work today I thought I'd best take my oil pump off, glad I did because it would of been playing on my mind.

This is what I found.

I think it's broken. I've ordered, a new pump, SBD inner gear, big end bearings and a new sump gasket. Should be here tomorrow, so I can crack on and should be done this week, if all goes well.
corsadonk
Premium Member

9th Jun 11 at 18:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I've been flat out after work since Tuesday when all my bits turned up, I didn't get many pictures, I couldn't be arsed to be honest.
This is my new pump, with the uprated steel gear from SBD meant to be good up to 8k

I also fitted my nylon pressure relief valve.

All back together.

I've since then been building it all back up, because I had removed the cams looking for the problem. It's all up and running now, but the lifters are very noisy now which they never used to be, even when cold. Also my sump is still leaking even with the new gasket and rtv, it must have a crack or something

I now what to fill it up with petrol for the weekend, go get it hot and drain all the oil and fill it with fresh, and change the filter.
fazza

9th Jun 11 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Top work mate. Speedy turnaround
Jed D

9th Jun 11 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love this

mega to you
corsadonk
Premium Member

9th Jun 11 at 20:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thank you, I'd best see what 1/4 mile time it will do on Sunday
corsadonk
Premium Member

23rd Jun 11 at 19:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I drove to PVS and back without any trouble apart from my sump still leaks, and I covered Mark Astra in oil

I throught I'd best fit something to keep an eye on my oil pressure, I've always liked the OE Audi gauges, so I splashed out on a set.

I had to drill and tap out one of the blanks that sit above the oil filter, on the oil pump for the temp sender.

A touch off centre

I went out for a drive to test them out, does my oil pressure look ok at the that temperature? It sit at 3bar when cold.

I just need to tidy everthing up now.
Jed D

24th Jun 11 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love the work thats gone into this, keep it up
corsadonk
Premium Member

25th Jun 11 at 12:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thank you very much.

<<  3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Smokey the SXI SBD ITB Corsa. Another video on p7. 24 database queries in 0.1119621 seconds