corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Smokey the SXI SBD ITB Corsa. Another video on p7.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Smokey the SXI SBD ITB Corsa. Another video on p7.
corsadonk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th Feb 11 at 20:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a day off today, which turned into a wash out

But this came in the post, and I'm not sure if I like it. Looks a bit too big, and my old Trooper vent looked better.

What do you lot think? Looks a bit over the top.
corsadonk
Premium Member

25th Feb 11 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I removed the rear beam the other week, the hand brake cable had rusted through in the guides. So I bought a new one which came in four sections, just for the rear.

But it does look like if I want to change to disc's at a later stage, I can just change the last join

[Edited on 25-02-2011 by corsadonk]
corsadonk
Premium Member

25th Feb 11 at 20:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After that it started to rain, and I had to go out. But when I got back, I fitted the O.E trigger wheel back on which I removed, when I had the bottom end lightened and balanced last year. I didn't need it before when I was running ignition only when I had carbs.

Nice early crank.
ARP shot.

spankyjames

25th Feb 11 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice mate scope might be a little big but if it serves it's purpose to get air to the nice bodies underneath
corsadonk
Premium Member

26th Feb 11 at 09:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can see the drag it causes to slow me down more, than the extra power it gives in cold air
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

26th Feb 11 at 11:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking well

Scoop does look a tad too big though

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Dale

26th Feb 11 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do what i said today
corsadonk
Premium Member

26th Feb 11 at 21:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Darryl H
Looking well

Scoop does look a tad too big though

Yeah I know.

Thanks.
corsadonk
Premium Member

26th Feb 11 at 22:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dale
do what i said today

Fucking cable popped off the pedal, just before VW on the way home

Seems fine now, thanks again for your help, I owe you one

I might go from in front of the inner arch with some 4'' ducting. For ultra stealth
corsadonk
Premium Member

27th Feb 11 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tried to get a bit done yesterday, first off buy getting some fluid to the rear brakes after I had removed the rear beam, but both bleed nipples snapped off

So I drove to Swindon get some new wheel cylinders, when I was on Junction 16 my clutch cable snapped also on my Sport I didn't bother taking my phone with me because I was only popping out for a bit. :doh: I tried both of the near by Hotels to see if I could ring the AA, both didn't have pay phones So thought sod it I'd best get walking, in the hope that Dale would be home working.
Yay he was, so he gave me a lift to the motor factors I was goning to anyway He then drove my car back to his with no clutch Fair play buddy I owe you one.

By the time I got home, I couldn't be bothered to do anything

But today started great, made breakfast, then went out to do some work, like change the rear wheel cylinders

This was some of nice fluid that came out of the system:yuck:
corsadonk
Premium Member

27th Feb 11 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because it kept raining, I didn't achieve much, so I mostly minced about a bit.

The side walls on the R1-R's are pretty wide, from the outside edge of the rim, to the sidewall is like the width of my little finger.

I gave the rear inner arches a good wash, then I wanted to know what Smokey looked like with the Comp's and front coilovers.

This is the view of the front turret, very solid

Back on the deck.
Dale

27th Feb 11 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do recovery now
corsadonk
Premium Member

27th Feb 11 at 22:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsadonk
Premium Member

2nd Mar 11 at 19:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I ordered these bad boyz off Ebay, because my rear tyres touch the springs.

To say the craftmanship was poor, is a pi55 take, I reckon I could better with a hand drill and a pair of tin snips The picture was taken at night, so you can't see them very well, but the holes look spot on:confused:lmao

So I went to a company that does hydraulic ram repairs, and they whipped these up for me, they also Helicoiled the hole for the alternator bolt, which was nice of them.
Thank you Gilson Engineering:beer:
bigron1988

2nd Mar 11 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha the state of that spacer
corsadonk
Premium Member

2nd Mar 11 at 21:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know the bloke I bought them off was saying they're fine, and I had to fight to get my money back

corsadonk
Premium Member

5th Mar 11 at 19:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a little bit done on Smokey today. Like fitting the spacers, along with the studs and nuts.

I also removed the front bumper, rad, anti-roll bar, and loads of plugs. I didn't get any pictures because it was dark.
corsadonk
Premium Member

5th Mar 11 at 19:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My custom header tank turned up today, I asked to have 1/8 bsp ports, so I could have a gauge on the side, so I fitted the elbows we had in at work, and some clear hose.

corsadonk
Premium Member

5th Mar 11 at 19:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a job in Andover this morning, and thought I'd pop into a scrap yard on my way back and found this fitted to a MK4 Astra.

Might fit it to my other Corsa.
corsadonk
Premium Member

6th Mar 11 at 18:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I started late today on Smokey, but I'm pretty happy with what I got done

This is how I left it last night.

So today I cracked on getting the engine and box out.

I then split the box from the engine.

Then I dragged the crane out of the shed, and lifted the engine out, so much lighter than my XElmao

Then I loaded up my boot, for a trip to the scrap yard, and try and get some money back

I'm gonna look like a right pikey.
corsadonk
Premium Member

11th Mar 11 at 20:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well after seeing how much wobble Nic had on his track rod ends, I thought I'd see what mine are like.

If you look the threads on the Comp brake jobbies are about .1mm bigger, doesn't seem a lot, but they do wobble a lot on my GM rack.

Also they're a lot longer than the oe ones.
So when you wind them on you have to turn them till they stop on the rack, but when you do that you can screw the joint all the way in, so then you have to shorten the thread.

See the mark on the thread. I gave up with the hack saw a used the grinder, and found out my overalls, and jumper aren't flame proof.

In the end I did remove the locknut on the rack.
corsadonk
Premium Member

11th Mar 11 at 20:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With all the time off this week, I don't seem to be getting anywhere. I bolted on my sump yesterday, with RTV. Then thought I haven't done my crank bolt up:doh:

So removed that again today, I also didn't order any washers to go with the bolts, but they should turn up soon.

My cam and belt covers are painted.

Cheeky TB shot.
corsadonk
Premium Member

11th Mar 11 at 20:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had bit of an idea, fit my gearbox, then bolt the engine to it in the bay, might work.

See through shot of the diff.
corsadonk
Premium Member

11th Mar 11 at 20:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I finally got a good bit of work done today, 8Valve Craig came round to drop off a coil-pack, and he timed it perfect to help me get the engine out of the garden.
Thank you:beer:

My plan to bolt the engine to the gearbox already in the bay, just went compeletly wrong So I ended up taking it all out again. But in the end I had this

I only chipped a few bits of paint off do it as well
Once in I thought I'd best see how much room, my trumpets had.

Not a lot really

After I adjusted it with a hammer, they now kind of fit.

After spending ages trying to find stuff, I got this far today
corsadonk
Premium Member

11th Mar 11 at 20:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A shot of the bag of washers that turned up yesterday, Just for Kev. Which I fitted to the sump today.

Craig came round again today, fairplay to give me a hand. Thank you again.

We got a lot done, but it still looks a f**king mess.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Smokey the SXI SBD ITB Corsa. Another video on p7. 24 database queries in 0.1797631 seconds