corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My mates 205 Turbo crash at KH

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My mates 205 Turbo crash at KH
FlamingCorsa

User status: Offline
25th Jul 10 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am looking forward to my track day next week now :-) hehehehe
taylorboosh

25th Jul 10 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thing is, the 205 may aswell of stayed behind as the civic would pass him on the nest straight
Steve
Premium Member

25th Jul 10 at 10:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what i would have done and what he should have done

trouble with track days you get far too many egos

[Edited on 25-07-2010 by Steve]
taylorboosh

25th Jul 10 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he can see the car ages up untill the crash aswell, seemed he just expected him to get going quicker than he did
3CorsaMeal

25th Jul 10 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

civic shouldn't slow to parking speeds on the apex of a corner on a race track, i wouldn't do that on any road.

should of took the corner and then slowed down.

also what was the big plume of smoke i notice before it all kicks off? does someone lock up first and the civic slows to avoid that?
SportBoy

25th Jul 10 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

both equally to blame imo . civic should of eased off and let them past down the start finish straight,

[Edited on 25-07-2010 by SportBoy]
Steve
Premium Member

25th Jul 10 at 10:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
civic shouldn't slow to parking speeds on the apex of a corner on a race track, i wouldn't do that on any road.

nope he shouldnt but you have to allow for any eventuality on track, what happened if the civic had a mechanical failiure and was slowing to a stop?
corsadonk
Premium Member

25th Jul 10 at 11:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest, you could see what the bloke in Civic was doing, the guy in the 205 tried to squeeze past, which he didn't need to do because it seemed to have the edge.

With it being on the hill, I doudt the Civic driver could see him, or expect him to gain that quickly. Poor bloke it's a shame.

I had a EVO crash in front of my at Thruxton, because he was being held up by a old dude in Caterham, it's shit when it happens, but it does.
Butler

25th Jul 10 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steves right, the guy in the 205 just didnt want to slow down. People need to account for others on the track, its a track day, not a race.
mwg

25th Jul 10 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what a stupid place to decide to let people past
Steve
Premium Member

25th Jul 10 at 13:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i very rarely ever try and pass anyone in a corner espeically if they appear unpredictable before, the natural racing line usually dictates they will come across you anyway

pass braking into a corner, or out of a corner, or on a straight, never actually when the turning is commencing

matty g is right, stupid place to let people passed, which is why he should have realised he was being stupid and accounted for stupidity and broke and gone passed on the straight

[Edited on 25-07-2010 by Steve]
Graham88

25th Jul 10 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whilst the Civic driver has gone about being pressured all the wrong way, I think the whole thing ultimately lies with the Evo and the 205 not judging a situation coming up.

The Evo shouldn't be pushing a car like that, not on a public trackday, it's not a race, IMO this should have been picked up on by a Marshall.

The 205 assessed the whole thing completely wrong, went steaming in as if the track was clear, there was too much going on and I think he was very transfixed with catching the Cossie. He could have braked a long time before the corner as you can see the Civic can only go where he did except if he drove onto the grass, which I certainly wouldn't go onto just because somebody doesn't want to slow down for 1 corner.

I do feel sorry for the 205 driver especially on a car he's obviously put alot of time, money and effort into, but as I know, it's a risk you take on trackdays and just one of those things.

[Edited on 25-07-2010 by Graham88]
JonnyJ

25th Jul 10 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think that sums it up nicely tbh Graham
Corsa_Sport21

25th Jul 10 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SportBoy
civic should of eased off and let them past down the start finish straight,

Kinda dis-agree in a way.Civic driver has moved over to the right to let them past on 2 occassions in that video.Not his fault they dont have the power to pass.Hes quicker on the straights,theyr quicker on the corners.

He's payed for his track time and is entitled to have his fun.

Seen a few vidoes of the Bruce Taxi's yellow Evo and tbh,he pulls off some stupid manouvres.
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Online
25th Jul 10 at 14:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's usually 2 of the silver Evo's hooning it around constantly on peoples bumpers, they've annoyed people on more than one occasion.
FlamingCorsa

25th Jul 10 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was at track day month back at rockingham in the van, could only run low boost cos of keeping water temps down but and was haveing a nice little play with a elise s1, he was sticking with me but not really hassleing me! it was fun,

i then let him past and thought i would have a go at keeping up with him! so stuck with him and had a lap where i was just following close!

he then spun directly infront of me, as i was folling few car spaces behind, i just eased off and stopped beside and he gave me thumbs up and we carried on!

he came up after and were chatting about the van and then he just said sorry about spinning infront of me and thanked me for not hitting him!

:-) we were pushing hard but not actually racing, more comparing pase and how fast we could go! thats how it should be on track day
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Jul 10 at 14:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Not his fault they dont have the power to pass.Hes quicker on the straights,theyr quicker on the corners.

He should gauge whether the following car is quicker overall, and allow a pass if so. There will be parts of the circuit when either car is better but you need to not keep someone behind if they're clearly going to do a faster lap.

It is either up to the leading drive to notice this or on most circuits there will be a blue flag for this purpose.

[Edited on 25-07-2010 by Ian]
Corsa_Sport21

25th Jul 10 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

0.52secs....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUk8TBb37aY
am4nf

25th Jul 10 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Kinda dis-agree in a way.Civic driver has moved over to the right to let them past on 2 occassions in that video.Not his fault they dont have the power to pass.Hes quicker on the straights,theyr quicker on the corners.

Seen a few vidoes of the Bruce Taxi's yellow Evo and tbh,he pulls off some stupid manouvres.

Fair enough hes pulled over to allow them to pass, but you dont keep it planted, if your gona let someone pass you dont do it with your foot down when you know your car is faster, otherwise the evo's would have just passed anyways
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Jul 10 at 14:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
0.52secs....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUk8TBb37aY

Georges saxo is something else, my mates currently building a supercharged saxo that will be quicker.
connollygt30

25th Jul 10 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That saxo is fucking rapido!

Ian
Site Administrator

25th Jul 10 at 14:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My only tip for Bruce would be places like 1.42, to come in a lot slower than the Saxo rather than being up his arse, that way he would have been faster out and passed on the next straight.

Could even go in slower to Butchers and be faster through that entire section, Saxo does have the edge on speed but he can't hold it as well.
connollygt30

25th Jul 10 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The evo just has'nt got the pace to get past
Corsa_Sport21

25th Jul 10 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by am4nf
quote:
quote:

Fair enough hes pulled over to allow them to pass, but you dont keep it planted, if your gona let someone pass you dont do it with your foot down when you know your car is faster, otherwise the evo's would have just passed anyways

But how is he to know that they cant pass??Hes maybe thought they could pass so has done the decent thing and moved over.Not like hes stayed to the left and holding them up.

Ive never seen any1 go up that straight with anything less than full throttle.
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Jul 10 at 14:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by connollygt30
That saxo is fucking rapido!

It was quicker when the engine was in the AX, watch that video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT4G-YNGLo0

Here's a pic of Georges Saxo I took a few weeks ago, his gearbox gave up so it was sat on his truck all day.

[Edited on 25-07-2010 by DannyB]

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My mates 205 Turbo crash at KH 22 database queries in 0.3365080 seconds