corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My mates 205 Turbo crash at KH

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My mates 205 Turbo crash at KH
Hammer

User status: Offline
25th Jul 10 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He could have kept his foot planted and allowed the cars behind him to pass on the next straight......as it states in the rules.
Ben G

25th Jul 10 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could've, but maybe he was a bit worried about have a near miss with a cossie/evo on a corner.

pretty sure you're not supposed to pass in corners on public track days?

don't you usually wait until the guy infront pulls over to let you pass on the straights?

fair enough he pulled back in to the racing line, but then i guess he done that because he didn't want to go off road/in to tyres.

like AK said, the 205 should have been reading ahead and anticipated it.

the cars were breaking the rules by passing in the corner so going by that, it's the 205 drivers fault, imo.
aron

25th Jul 10 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this video sums up why i'd never do a trackday in anything decent
Hammer

25th Jul 10 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He was breaking the rules by slowing to allow the 2 cars past at a place he was told not to which meant he was a sitting duck for any fast moving vehicle entering the chicane.

Surely the 205 driver can't be held accountable for hitting something slowing down where he is not supposed to?
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Jul 10 at 22:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How can it be the 205's fault if the civic hadnt have let everyone passed in quite possibly the worst place on the track then the 205 wouldn't have hit it, seeing it late (not expecting it to pull out) meant he didn't have sufficent time to break or think about the situation and do something else.
Ben G

25th Jul 10 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why didn't he just calm down a bit and wait for the next straight to pass?

i know he's your mate and everything danny but sometimes your mates are wrong

the civic let everyone pass yes, but by the time the 205 got there it was a bit too late.

was he chasing times or something?
Steve
Premium Member

25th Jul 10 at 22:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he had plenty or time, in fact more then plenty of time to slow down enough
Ben G

25th Jul 10 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the more i watch it, the more i think the 205 was just driving like a complete nutcase.

you may be a brilliant driver, but the other people around you may not be, so you need to account for them to not be as confident as you are and be aware.

seems like the 205 driver just wanted to drive as fast as possible and not sit and wait behind the civic for 5 or so seconds more.
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Jul 10 at 22:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
why didn't he just calm down a bit and wait for the next straight to pass?

i know he's your mate and everything danny but sometimes your mates are wrong

the civic let everyone pass yes, but by the time the 205 got there it was a bit too late.

was he chasing times or something?

I know that, my opinion differs to yours that's all, doesn't matter that he's my mate I still think the civic driver is to blame. There's 3 places you can/should overtake or let others passed at KH and that isnt one of them. He wasnt after a good time no just keeping up with the pack.

[Edited on 25-07-2010 by DannyB]
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Jul 10 at 22:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
just keeping up with the pack.
Who were overtaking in a no-overtaking zone...
Adam_B

25th Jul 10 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you drive on trackdays or go to briefings etc Danny?
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Jul 10 at 22:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:

He didn't go to overtake the civic though, he tried to brake and avoid it. If the civic driver stayed where he was it wouldn't have happened, granted he shouldn't even be pulling over there, he probably expected the civic to stay in that position or pull out and back up to speed.
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Jul 10 at 22:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
Do you drive on trackdays or go to briefings etc Danny?

Been to briefings and on track but never driving myself.
Ben G

25th Jul 10 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:

He didn't go to overtake the civic though, he tried to brake and avoid it. If the civic driver stayed where he was it wouldn't have happened, granted he shouldn't even be pulling over there, he probably expected the civic to stay in that position or pull out and back up to speed.

to stay where he was means doing 0mph which is impossible whilst moving...
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Jul 10 at 22:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Yes, if he slowed down to let the pack by he should have stopped someowhere safe to the right until everyone had gone by
Adam_B

25th Jul 10 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think the 205 even saw the civic till it was too late, very easy to do when your chasing 'better' cars
Ben G

25th Jul 10 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Yes, if he slowed down to let the pack by he should have stopped someowhere safe to the right until everyone had gone by

but if the 205 had crashed into him if he had stopped you'd be saying he's still wrong to stop
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Jul 10 at 22:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If he stayed where he was when he let the Evo's by the 205 wouldn't have hit him.
aron

25th Jul 10 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at the end of the day, it doesn't matter who's fault it is, the 205 driver now has a fucked car

it's a harsh lesson but hopefully he'll be more careful in future as a result
Twitch

25th Jul 10 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair i'd say its more the cossies fault. looked like the civic tried to pull back and got cut up by the cossie and maybe breaked cause of ill experience but seemed to me it was the cossie that took the risk and caused the incident.
lostboy
Banned

25th Jul 10 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

205 drivers fault imo he could see what the Civic was doing yet still cut the corner and locked up, what was the Civic supposed to do? Stop on the corner and let everyone past possibly bottle necking the corner and causing a bigger crash?

Avoidable imo.
Graham88

26th Jul 10 at 02:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Danny nothing against you at all but I think you are being deluded by the fact it's your mate. I can see why you would want to back your mate up but you must be able to see he didn't do everything right. I'm not saying he's 100% in the wrong but he could have easily avoided that but he was too focused on keeping with the pack, which I know is easily done!

If I was the Civic driver, I wouldn't even have put myself in that position in the first place, but if I was, out of 3 choices:

Go on the grass - not gonna happen

Stop on the circuit to let the 205 pass - again, not gonna happen, you don't know what traffic is behind the 205, and stopping on a circuit is downright dangerous!

Or follow the circuit on a tight line to give the 205 room had he slowed down sufficiently enough to manoeuvre around - yep I would have done what the Civic had done

[Edited on 26-07-2010 by Graham88]
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Jul 10 at 03:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't have done what the Civic did because I wouldn't have been off line in the middle of a bend.
AK

26th Jul 10 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
If he stayed where he was when he let the Evo's by the 205 wouldn't have hit him.

that would have involved him coming to a full stop on the track which is a big no. The civic had every right to be where he was.... more right than the 205.

The 205 hit the civic, not the other way around.
SetH

26th Jul 10 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adam get Fee to post, she is Time Attack master and her word will be 'word' = thread closed

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My mates 205 Turbo crash at KH 22 database queries in 0.0441699 seconds