corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My mates 205 Turbo crash at KH

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My mates 205 Turbo crash at KH
AK

User status: Offline
26th Jul 10 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I wouldn't have done what the Civic did because I wouldn't have been off line in the middle of a bend.

Correct answer!

DO NOT slow down on corners... use the straights to go slow!

You have EVERY right to use the racing line so stick to it.... doing this WILL get you out of the way more quickly and safely than hugging the inside line.
Steve
Premium Member

26th Jul 10 at 08:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thing is, i can accept what happened, both drivers were pretty much were accountable for what happened, im just not keen on the 205 drivers attitude trying to pin it soley on the civic, his manner almost implies hes some kind of driving god, which is the one thing i dislike about track days, all the ego's.
AK

26th Jul 10 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am a god.,...

( I crashed at the same corner all by myself )
Steve
Premium Member

26th Jul 10 at 08:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Honestly a track day can turn perfectly decent people into wankers
SetH

26th Jul 10 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Track days appear to be more dangerous then living your life a 1/4 mile at a time and doing NOS Shit on public highways whilst asking people list prices by the looks of things.
ed

26th Jul 10 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Knockhill looks like a cool track!

Should the Civic have been letting cars past on a corner
Steve
Premium Member

26th Jul 10 at 09:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not ideally, 205 shouldnt have been trying to pass either, especially at that speed
AK

26th Jul 10 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no
Daimo B

26th Jul 10 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Watched it over and over again. Probably all been said.

Civic driver should not of allowed Evo's past at that point, but then if he's a novice then its understandable him wanting to get out the way. Worst place to allow something past though.

After that, its obvious he's got to carry on, the Pug had clear vision as to what was happeneing and should have slowed down to allow the civic to get round the bend.

As a trackday driver, your out there looking out for everyone else too, and he should have slowed and allowed the civic around the bend.

Civics part fault for creating the situation. A complete novice mistake, i've seen much worse in panic situations.

Pug part for the actual accident and not looking ahead. He can't blame the civic driver for simply trying to stay on the track.

[Edited on 26-07-2010 by Daimo B]
AK

26th Jul 10 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the thing is i've nearly hit folk there before too

People see you coming quickly and try to get out of the way by braking to dive in to the inside.... which is the complete opposite of what you should do.

accidents happen though.... no one died... result.
AK

26th Jul 10 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

min

Daimo B

26th Jul 10 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
the thing is i've nearly hit folk there before too

People see you coming quickly and try to get out of the way by braking to dive in to the inside.... which is the complete opposite of what you should do.

accidents happen though.... no one died... result.

I've even seen it in motorsport tbh. Car was slowing down, mechanical issue, kept right, had to go round the bend, stuck on the inside, and another car cam along, just as the previous had gone over the brow of the hill. Car behined came up, didn't see the slow car, rammed it straight up the ass

Difference was the civic could be seen from the Pug's perspective.

It sucks ass, it really does, but this is what you have to be prepared for on track, just like bikes, you can bin it at any time.

Why is it always Knockhill we see accidents at though

When are Scotland going to build themselves a decent bloody racetrack too

[Edited on 26-07-2010 by Daimo B]
AK

26th Jul 10 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Knockhill is a very good track.... but we could do with another (thats not a sprint track, grass track, banger oval or airfield)

There will be plenty of accidents at other tracks, just better ones at KH, due to us being Scottish probably
Daimo B

26th Jul 10 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nahh, I truely belive Scotland deserves a better racing track. Its got the space, and probably doesn't bend over so much to hippies who move near a track and complain, so could be built in the highlands (oh, and some proper drainage ).
AK

26th Jul 10 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a race track in the highlands.....

you ever ventured up there? Its pretty baron, very sparse population.... a race track wouldnt work up there. It need to be in the low lands, between glasgow and edinburgh, close to border for the 'guffs.
Daimo B

26th Jul 10 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nahh honestly i've not visited, bit of a mare to get to I can imagine. Isn't knockhill between two hills as well?

You've got the population, and the need for one.

Letter to Scottish Parliment?
Lawrah
Premium Member

26th Jul 10 at 11:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is East Fortune like?
AK

26th Jul 10 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lawrah
What is East Fortune like?

it would be good if trackdays were allowed. Used to be an airfield, bike track etc - folk moved nearby and complained - car trackdays got shut down but bikes are still allowed.

Go Figure.

Daimo - knockill is in valley, and on a hill.... but its in a pretty central location. The highlands is just too far from population base.
DannyB
Premium Member

26th Jul 10 at 11:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
If he stayed where he was when he let the Evo's by the 205 wouldn't have hit him.

that would have involved him coming to a full stop on the track which is a big no. The civic had every right to be where he was.... more right than the 205.

The 205 hit the civic, not the other way around.

I meant pulling off the track, not stopping on the track all together.

Graham, I'm not deluded because he's my mate at all, if it was a random person I would stil lthink the civic driver was in the wrong.
emicen

26th Jul 10 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whilst track days are a bit different from testing, its still the responsibility of the faster car to chose somewhere safe to pass. Just because someone moves to let you pass at a certain point, it doesnt mean its a good idea.

The Civic driver seems to have just been very intimidated by the Evos bearing down on him and made a poor (noob) call on where to move over to let them pass. He really should have left it to the straight following the chicane.

The 205 driver made a stupid call trying for the pass where he did and really is to blame for the accident. He rear ended the Civic.

Its extremely rare, even in racing, someone will make a pass through the chicane because you have to slow down so much to give each other room that any car within 100yds behind you will get such a better run they'll have you on the run up to Carlube, its actually a very tight piece of track the whole way through Butchers and through the chicane.

[Edited on 26-07-2010 by Lawrah]
Steve
Premium Member

26th Jul 10 at 11:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he is in the wrong, but also your mate is, can you see that both parties were to blame?
Steve
Premium Member

26th Jul 10 at 11:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if this guy in the 205 held his hands up and said yeah silly mistake didnt judge the situation well enough, shit happens on a track oh well, then there wouldnt even need a discussion about this

like i said, ego's

[Edited on 26-07-2010 by Steve]
Daimo B

26th Jul 10 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB

Graham, I'm not deluded because he's my mate at all, if it was a random person I would stil lthink the civic driver was in the wrong.

As said, civic shouldn't have been there in the first place, but you "mate" should havebeen paying attention ahead and driven accordingly. He cannot expect the civic to go accross the grass just because he's coming. He should have rolled off, allowed the honda to get round the bend, and carried on. He didn't, he tried to maintain the racing line, judged it incorrectly, and hit him. The 205 hit the civic, not the other way around.

Just a question, how many trackdays you done Danny?
Butler

26th Jul 10 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres nothing even wrong with where the civic is, you can see him for ages on the run up to the chicane. If the 205 driver is angry though, tell him its his own fault for doing a track day
nathy_87

26th Jul 10 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're telling me the Civic drivier didnt feel your mate bump into him? Prat. At least your mate is alright.

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My mates 205 Turbo crash at KH 22 database queries in 0.0140629 seconds