corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My mates 205 Turbo crash at KH

New Poll
  <<  7    8    9    10    11  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My mates 205 Turbo crash at KH
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
26th Jul 10 at 17:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by emicen
Get the feeling as a first post that isnt going to win me friends but rest assured, I would say the same thing on it in person. As the more experienced driver, the onus is on you to make that kind of call.
I count three

Welcome mate. Re the friends comment, I don't think that is the case. In fact it's refreshing to hear some further informed comment.
Steve
Premium Member

26th Jul 10 at 17:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok ladies and gentleman I have asked the opinion of a Silverstone driver trainer here is the response

quote:
the 205 should have seen that civic on the run up to the chicane, the civic had his line and although hes moving at a much slower pace than peugeot, the pug really shouldnt have tried to do what he did which to me looks like he tried just bowling through to get round the civic. It can also be argued that the civic should have checked his mirrors and moved over but to be fair he had no where to go, the peugeot had time to prepare.

in fact.. looking at it the civic is clearly moving to allow the other cars to pass. The peugeot should 100% waited, you can the civic is slowing from a corner away

[Edited on 26-07-2010 by Steve]
smcGSI16V

26th Jul 10 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck

And do you honestly think that the people that run there cars on track aint racing

Paying attention on public roads and doing the same on a race track is very different I would imagine. You aint exactly putting your car on the limit going throught an "S" bend right on the bumper with another car doing the same on the way to your local tescos.

I have never once "raced" my car on a track day, in all of the 20+ that I've done. I drive it at 100%; sometimes 110% as some people will know but I never race. Thats not the point of a track day.

Driving on the roads and track are actually fairly simular in some respects. And it all depends on how you drive on the road.

Good observation, not just whats coming but in the distance, keeping an eye on your mirrors and having them in the right position to start with helps.
Hazard poception.
Obliviously the driving flat out is completly different.
3CorsaMeal

26th Jul 10 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its like when Mark webber had that big crash recentely, i don't see him on youtube asking for opinions
DannyB
Premium Member

26th Jul 10 at 19:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by emicen

Welcome to the site, your opinion/view on this is welcome as much as anybody elses is.
dannyjay

26th Jul 10 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After looking at it many times - I personally feel, the pug driver was assuming too much and in the split of the second thought the civic would wield to the pass.

It's OK trying to blame the civic, and what they and the others did - but at the end of the day, the 205, again in my opinion went too quick into the chicane, and wasn't cautious enough. I'd expect the civic couldn't see much in his mirrors at the angle he was at going into/out the corner also - which the 205 driver maybe should have considered?

People have mentioned how angry the 205 drive is/was? But what about the civic, because on paper the 205 drove into the back of him - You would assume that the chicane isn't two lanes, therefore the pug driver should have been more cautious.

[Edited on 26-07-2010 by dannyjay]

[Edited on 26-07-2010 by dannyjay]
jr

26th Jul 10 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just watched it, thats never in a million years the civics fault
antnee

26th Jul 10 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smcGSI16V
I have never once "raced" my car on a track day, in all of the 20+ that I've done. I drive it at 100%; sometimes 110% as some people will know but I never race. Thats not the point of a track day.

I think the racing term has been taken out of context a little for trackdays, Im sure we have all had fun with other cars, them pushing you, you pushing them, but not racing as that would be slamming it up the inside of corners to overtake
geznay

27th Jul 10 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have viewed it over so many times, yes i will admit the civic isnt 100% to blame for accident but was first to make the series of bad judgements that was made, my late judgement has cost me my car but as said no one died! i may have not put my point across very well with my post on youtube, yes initially i was really unhappy and felt it was 100% civics fault but looking at different comments and looking at the video over and over again i feel it could have been avoided but unfortunatly hasnt.

i dont think as myself as 'a driving god' as posted previously. yes i have done quite a number of trackdays over the years in different cars but with not holding any sort of race licence or have never been in a competitve race i feel everytime i go on track its a learning curve.

i must say thought if it had been other way round and saw him taken by ambulance to medical centre then id make it my priority to see that he was alright no matter who's fault it was.

booked on 2 trackdays coming up at knockhill so will take advice that i have been given since accident on board and hopefully this wont happen to be again.
TimC909

27th Jul 10 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I personaly think the blame lies more with the 205 driver then the Civic driver. Looking at the vid the Civic is right over by the white line and doesnt seem to pull out at all, hes just not going quick enough due to letting the Evo and Cossie past in a stuid place.
The 205 driver hasnt looked far enough ahead at the time to asses the situation and still gone balls out into a line that is simply not there anymore.

This is a very similar crash to the 1st big crash Simon Norris had at Combe a few years ago racing a brand new build evo 9 and he got the stick for that!

End of day, whats done is done, you all know the risk. Get on with it.

PS, only read upto page 2 before posting so im yet to read anybody elses full evaluation of the incident

[Edited on 27-07-2010 by tim@909sport]
markx14xe

28th Jul 10 at 00:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Not sure if he couldn't see him as the 205 might have been in the dip of the hill, still, you dont just randomly pull out on to the track, even the cossie just missed him.

the civic should of not stop simple and it was his fault danny
Colin

28th Jul 10 at 01:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
Knockhill is a very good track.... but we could do with another (thats not a sprint track, grass track, banger oval or airfield)

Wasnt there meant to be one getting built in west lothian years ago on some farm but the idea was dropped???
AK

28th Jul 10 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
quote:
Originally posted by AK
Knockhill is a very good track.... but we could do with another (thats not a sprint track, grass track, banger oval or airfield)

Wasnt there meant to be one getting built in west lothian years ago on some farm but the idea was dropped???

you hear stories every couple of years - but how true they are, who knows
Daimo B

28th Jul 10 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More than likely the idea was put forwards to the local council, then the residents went against it due to noise pullution and all that so it instantly looses out.
antnee

28th Jul 10 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should build one AK, you have lots of money!
Fee

28th Jul 10 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We were sure we were going to win the Euro Millions a while ago (and every week since) and our plan was to build a new track with the money

I think we deserve to win...our spendings would benefit lots of people
emicen

28th Jul 10 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lawrah mentioned talk of Scottish tracks the other day, I'm guessing it may have been covered here.

If I won the Euromillions I have more than a few ideas up my sleeve.

However, unless someone wins the Euromillions, there will not be any new race tracks appearing in Scotland soon.

Macrahanish (spelling?), awesome site, probably no noise problems, 4hrs from Glasgow = fail

Kames & East Fortune, fine for sprints and bike racing, not enough run off for car racing.

Ingleston, would love to see it get an MSA sprint licence which I think it could. Would need a fair amount of capital investment to be a racing circuit for cars again and I think, incredibly given its next to EDI, noise is a problem!

To be honest, my favourite proposal is that one that I saw a while back to have a Glasgow version of the Macau GP / Birmingham Superprix.

Jackie Stewart is spot on, we have the opportunities, just need to seize them.
AK

28th Jul 10 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

An edinburgh street race would be great... tunnels, sights etc
Daimo B

28th Jul 10 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been sad enough to sketch tracks People doodle faces and shapes, I doodle racetracks

Im with you lot, its one of those dreams. Design a race course and have it built

Street race would be great
SportBoy

28th Jul 10 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id be suprised if you can find a smooth enough piece of road for a street race in this country.
Kevxx

28th Jul 10 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that civic im sure is a boy local(not puttingthe name) but his was written off same day, turbo civic, said it was crashed then engine blew..

[Edited on 28-07-2010 by Kevxx]
AK

28th Jul 10 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who's Lee Walker?

Any links to to the civics perspective?

We have the silver Evo driver having a strop on TS from page 6 onwards - http://trackscotland.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2074&start=75
Kevxx

28th Jul 10 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
Who's Lee Walker?

Any links to to the civics perspective?

We have the silver Evo driver having a strop on TS from page 6 onwards - http://trackscotland.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2074&start=75

he doesn't use forums, but he had a jordan he used to race at crail alot, got that black civic, turbo'd it..without internals and blew it, i heard this had forged internals etc, but no sure, it was running pretty low PSI, but seems to deffo be the same car.
DannyB
Premium Member

28th Jul 10 at 17:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The civic driver was replying in a thread about the crash over on PassionFord.
Kevxx

28th Jul 10 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a link mate?

<<  7    8    9    10    11  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My mates 205 Turbo crash at KH 22 database queries in 0.0156219 seconds